Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 1.0 fixes you should try before posting

Default Re: 1.0 fixes you should try before posting

This is not likely your fault; since the EB Server is down. This means that we are waiting for one of the server admins to restart the services; and until then the fixes cannot be downloaded from the FTP.

However some of them appear to have been uploaded elsewhere too, so you may want to try those locations first as it is not known when the site & server will be up again yet. Sorry for the inconvenience,
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Thank you for the feedback. DO you know where these fixes are still available? Any problem with EB directly?
    And on another side of my question, which of these fixes "should" I install and which "could" I install? (meaning, which are bug fixes needed, and which are just "nice to have" changes?).

Thank you again, and best regards,

FFJean

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: 1.0 fixes you should try before posting

The EB server is back online so you can download the fixes from the links given in the first post. The fixes you should download are the permanent ones, while the optional ones are, well, optional. I would strongly recommend to install the apeleutheroi nerf though, because those overpowered slaves are very annoying. The temporary ones are only for when you encounter an unavoidable CTD (and you should always replace them with the original files as soon as you have bypassed the crash).
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Hey, why aren't the patches at the "download patches" section?
    Seems quite an appropriate place to put them.

Did I mention yours is the most incredibly superperfect mod ever?
    Thanks guys!!!!

thankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyouthankyou

Bovi, sorry if i broke the b...s everytime, but for me the EB FTP doesn't work...can you post another link for the last "script fix"? Thank you together...bye and good work...Vincent.

Sorry, can't do that from here. The problem definitely seems to be on your end. Can you try to use a proxy?

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Don't worry...I solved it, but now I've a question for you...If I istall a not official mod as
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "First Cohort"
    for example and after the BUG FIXES, will them work without problems?

hello!

I am using fix to enable client ruler to sally after being sieged, but it is not working. I am using this file from the beginning of the game and I play as Romani. I am using EB with BI exe, can this be the problem?

xxxxxxxx

sorry, please delete this somebody, I will post the question in separate thread
    Last edited by Revenant; 03-16-2008 at 21:48.

delete your map.rmw file first for the change to take effect (i think)

mine is here....

C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data\world\maps\base

it regenerates if not there on start up

Quote Originally Posted by VinDic
    Don't worry...I solved it, but now I've a question for you...If I istall a not official mod as
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    "First Cohort"
    for example and after the BUG FIXES, will them work without problems?
    That depends entirely on the mod in question. Some of them include the fixes () and some of them don't affect the same files (), but some of them overwrite the fixed files as they are not updated after the fixes were discovered. You'd have to merge the changes in the fixes into these to get their effects .

Revenant, several of the fixes are not retroactive, but require a new campaign for their full effect.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by bovi
    Revenant, several of the fixes are not retroactive, but require a new campaign for their full effect.

But I am using it since beginning

I even started another campaign just to test it and it is not working there too.

Oh, that's odd. My disc stopped working so I can't test it myself, I'm afraid.

================
    ================

With my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground

Bovi,

I tried to download the oppida fix from Rapidshare, but it said that the file is too big for free download. Is there another service I could download from that allows larger free limits? Thanks in advance.

Chairman
    My balloons -

I tried to download the oppida fix from Rapidshare, but it said that the file is too big for free download.
    I just tried the same, and it worked . No, I don't think it's available anywhere else, but perhaps someone with a better connection than I have here will upload it for you.

================
    ================

hi & dorood firend. this mod is very real and very good.

but when realease EB.1.1?

thanks. bye

Quote Originally Posted by khosro-II-parviz
    hi & dorood firend. this mod is very real and very good.

but when realease EB.1.1?

thanks. bye

Welcome here, man, but one advice: They do not like questions like this on this forum and you can expect some very rude replies. The usual answer is it will be released when it will be done and certainly before EB 2.0.

Hello guys, thx for the amazing mod, i've wanted it for ages but my rome cd got stolen. Anyway when I download the fixes from EB ftp using bitcomet nothing happens whereas when i dowload f.e. oppida from rapid share i get 'archive has unknown format or is damaged' when unpacking it with winrar. I hope someone can help me?

Thx alot

You could have an old version of Winrar installed? I know, I once ran into that lovely problem. You can also use 7-zip to deal with .rar files. Plus as an added bonus it is free.

When that is not the case, it seems the download somehow was corrupted. Simple solution is to try again.

Thx for the hint, but 7-zip didn't work ( no archives found )

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

The oppidia fix probably didn't completely download or became corrupted. Have you tried deleting it and redownloading?

Yep several times, I do use the free rapid share option, but the ftp files won't dowload either (even with firewall off). But i am using freezone maybe that's the prob? I'll ask a friend to try and download the fixes 'cause the mod looks awesome. But if you guys would permit me, I do have to agree with some of the posters here: put the fixes in the v 1.0 or in one big patch, it's a real bummer to not be able to enjoy your amazing work to the fullest.
    But I'll stop nagging for now

Creating and uploading an installer means days of work. Creating and updating an archive of fixes means hours of work combined. I'm spending neither.

================
    ================

I got it: don't use bitcomet.
    @ Bovi: sorry i didn't realise it was that much work. Guess that's whats keeping the kingdoms patch . I'll stop bitching about both now

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345