Thread: A Question of Shields........

Default A Question of Shields........

Shields are differently placed on the different units, and have different shapes too, My problem is to know how are made the coords for placing them.
    I have my round copper shielded turkish sarracen swordsmen, based on chainhlm and placed under custom8, and every shield entry for the chainhlm, on the items folder gives me a large oval shaped shield.
    I tried to adapt some other texture shield position, and the neginf seems to be the most acceptable, but is too high while walking/running and weird when charging/fighting. so I made sort of a frankenstein using viking stand, neginf run/walk/charge and viking fight and this gave me an acceptable but not perfect position.
    I wish I could change shield shape/position at will.
    could someone give me the math of it?

thank you.

Tyberius.

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Default Re: A Question of Shields........

Take a peek at the "unit animations" thread in the Repository (IIRC) which has a great explanation, however, I believe the linked illustrations have "gone west". I tend to go the Frankenstein route as well

Edit: useful tip - in custom battle mode you can make changes "on the fly" - ie Alt-Tab out of MTW, edit your item coordinates, Alt-Tab back into the battle and see what's changed.

Another edit: also try defining your shield rectangle with more space around it (ie as a new shield in shields.txt) and you can probably correct some of the distortions.
    Last edited by macsen rufus; 10-29-2007 at 18:57.
    ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4