Thread: For the expansion - SavegamesSavegamesSavegames

Having played my 1st 3 hour battle the other day, I really, really feel that the ability to save during battles is badly needed. I just don't have the time to play 3-4 hour battles,I get 1 hour, 2 max usually. I can see how its quite feasible that by the late game you could be fighting 3 or 4 battles of that size in a turn. I'm sure I'm not the only person here with wife/house/job who can't devote that much time to MTW in one sitting.
    C'mon devs it's an awesome game and I don't want to miss out on the battles cos I haven't got the time to play them in one stiing, please can we have battle map savegames???

After all, even AOE has savegames (if flattery doesn't work, maybe proffesional rivalry will )

------------------
    We speak of deep night, deep autumn; when I think back to the year 1943 I feel like saying "deep war"
    Ilya Ehrenburg
    "I request permanent reassignment to the Gallic frontier. Nay, I demand reassignment. Perhaps it is improper to say so, but I refuse to fight against the Greeks or Macedonians any more. Give my command to another, for I cannot, I will not, lead an army into battle against a civilized nation so long as the Gauls survive. I am not the young man I once was, but I swear before Jupiter Optimus Maximus that I shall see a world without Gauls before I take my final breath."

Senator Augustus Verginius

Can understand why you wouldn't want the time limit on during battles, but i find it helps maintain the balance with the rest of your life!
    Big rocks and crossbow bolts pay no heed to rank or valour

How about an automatic quick-save between multiple battles fought in the same turn?

The only reason for this is if you had to fight 3 big battles in a row and your computer went dodo right after the 2nd or 3rd one (happened to me!!! I fought 2 1/2 hours total for nothing).

Mine went dodo in the middle of a battle the 2nd one I think. I really want this feature. Right now, I leave my game paused when going out to eat or school but when my family comes here in the U.S. for summer vacation in the Philippines, it's going to be hell.

pause the battle and alt+tab out, and instruct your fellow users NOT TO F*CKING CLOSE THE PROGRAM OR YOU WILL SEND THEM TO THE INQUISIT---

er, what?

Senior Member Senior Member +DOC+'s Avatar

i have to agree, i would also love this feature!
    =MizuDoc=

Senior Member Senior Member RTKLamorak's Avatar

Mount im not trying be funny but are ya's changing the speed of battles as u play? Under the minimap is a speed scale and even in battles of 32 units it never takes more than 15 minutes max for me. On full speed an entire army moved in one click can get across the entire map in a ninute or so. When i had shogun i didnt even notice the speed thing for at least 2 campains.. and even battles invovling only 3-4 units each side took 20 minutes. anyway u's probably know this but just try'n to help

RTK7Lamorak

i really doubt it'd be realistic to include a savegame feature. i don't think the engine is up to it?

anyway i haven't experienced really long battles yet -- some 30 minute ones, but never an hour or more.