Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Results 1,891 to 1,920 of 2066

Thread: ALEXANDER EB

Default Re: ALEXANDER EB

Well, I seem to have sucessfully installed the Alexander engine files... I copied the "Data" folder you provided and pasted it inside my EB folder (merging the new data folder with the old one and telling the computer to "copy and replace" all duplicated files) and changed the target of my EB application to read, "C:\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander" and it seems to be working (EB starts up with the little "Alexander" logo at the problem and a new campaign starts without a hitch), but I still have to wonder wether or not it's working perfectly... Did I at least install the thing correctly, though?

if you havent DC and you see EAEM campaing then you are okay.
    “Give me a place to stand and with a lever I will move the whole world.”

Umm, no, I just installed the engine files... "EAEM campaign" you say? Does that mean that after having installed the EAEM mod, that the vanilla EB campaign is still avaliable, along side it? If so, that would be a great help for me as I'm actually not presently interested in playing the EAEM mod (no offense), but someone in the "bug reports and technical help" section says that EAEM fixes the problem your Alex.exe engine files have of the accent-marked letters that are supposed to be used for some of the character traits for Sweboz FMs having turning into question marks...

ya those are fixed small bugz , anyway if your able to run it then you are running alx.exe

ya those are fixed small bugz , anyway if your able to run it then you are running alx.exe
    OK, cool... But you haven't answered my other question, if I install EAEM, must I play your modified version of the campaign, or will the regular EB campaign (with the small fixes that came with EAEM, such as the missing letters for Sweboz character traits) still be avaliable?

Eaem is a big mod, it changes everything, to some point, I had offers to open a whole section on RTW Center forums as a separate modification, but I think this is as good as it is :)

Hi,
    I'm actually and since several months playing EB alex. Except a couple of CTD here and there gameplay is nice and I pushed my gameplay with the romans until 200BC.
    But there is stg strange and from the very beginning. Each time I quit the game coming back to the windows screen, I get the folowing pop up message :

Generic error :

fatal error : animation event script
    'eb/data/animations/engine/ram/eastram_idle.evt' not found.

I've been looking for some members having the same message/problem in this forum but I haven't found anything like mine.

I didn't know what's really wrong with caus this doesn't prevent me from playing.
    However I remarked another quite strange thing. Despite my cities are well expanded I still didn't get the proper building to product war machines (like catapults and so on...). And I met ennemies using such machine ( each time old and unefficient stone throwers) only two times during more than 280 turns (once the carthaginians and the other were greeks ). I'm even suspecting that this machines were 'bought' as mercenaries and not 'built/produced' by those factions.
    Could it be possible that this Generic/ fatal error prevents me from building war machines ?
    I'm feeling a bit deezy and ill at ease with that caus I believe having correctly followed all the install instructions...
    Does anybody have an idea about this ?

I have to say this is the fist time I came across of such a problem,

If you are using EAEM mod then this should not be the prob but in case of Romans it may be the issue with the reforms not being triggered correctly what mod you using? IF there are any other mods you use that may be a prob

I'm playing only with improved engine Alex.exe not EAEM.
    For the rest my mod is EB 1.2 based on RTW 1.5 with Alexander expansion.
    I'm on VISTA and my install directory for the mod is
    "C:\Users\myname\RTW EB""

Curiously I got this message error after quiting when I played by clicking on short cuts like single player or the EB short cut icon I created and named EB Alex with the specific target executable :
    "C:\Users\myname\RTW EB\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander.
    I have even checked if there was something wrong with those shortcuts and for being sure not to making some failure I followed scrupulously a visual walkthrough on "Utube" and created a second shortcut named "EB Alex" through the Alexander executable changed in EB icon. The target of the executable is a bit different at the end like : "same directory as above" -show_err -nm -mod:eb -noalexander

With both short cuts the result is the same as I'm pretty able to play the game but when I quit it going back to Windows screen here comes the same message popup "Generic error..."
    Oh I forgot to play through those short cuts is only possible with CD of Alexander extension .

I'v very recently realised that such error message DOESN'T APPEAR when playing EB through the starting EB configuration button "trivial script". I click on it then choose "play EB". Here comes no POPUP message after playing and getting back to Windows. But in this case I'm not sure that the game is with the improved Alex engine caus it is only playable with the RTW CD.

One last but important word to say : However and in ALL CASES when starting the game I got the same EB alex intro screen with "noalexander" written on flashing yellow at the bottom.

Oops sorry,
    In my last post above I forgot to answer of one of your question.
    Yes I have one other RTW mod installed :Roma Surrectum.
    But I installed it in a different path : C:\Users\myname\RS
    the target of the shortcut for this mod are :

C\Users\myname\RS\RomeTW.exe -nm -show_err
    (for classical RS).

or

C:\Users\sylvain\RS\RomeTW-ALX.exe -nm -show_err -mod -noalexander
    (for RS with improved Alex engine).

the bug has nothing to do with engine files for sure, I was worried that you were using EAEM and that you could not get something to work or that there was a bug.
    engine files are not related to the issues you are having

OK thanks,
    I have to apologize for my last post as I wrote : "in ALL CASES when starting the game I got the same EB alex intro screen with "noalexander" written on flashing yellow at the bottom." I meant "Alexander" of course and with the "X" on flashing yellow written.
    Indeed for this, does it mean that I'm playing EB alex in any case or do I need the CD of Alexander expansion to play with the Alex engine ? Caus as you see the only way to have no message error after quitting the game is to start the game trough the EB configuration button and with RTW CD.

when Alx.exe icon loads up an is minimized you will know if its the engine, if there are no changes on the start map then its vanilla, and if there are plenty of changes its the mod itself :)

Default Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Hey guys,

Question: when I start a Romani campaign (H/M), cities like Rhegion and the Eleutheroi cities in the north all start with a full stack of 20 units. The Epeiros army at Taras is also a stack of 20 units. Is this normal for EAEB? I've checked Europa Barbarorum vids like on youtube, and it seems like Taras only has a small number of defending units there.

The game is playable, but I'm worried that something has gone wrong during installation. Also, Eleutheroi cities just keep building more units. By the time I get to the first city east of the Po region (into the Balkans) there's two stacks of eleutheroi waiting outside that city with a third stack inside. Is this intended?

Default Re: The best AI for EB 1 is on Alex.exe!

Yes thats the modification feature :)

Excellent =)

So how does one go about in fighting these multiple stacks? Just create stacks of my own and dive in?

HUGE issue, for me anyway. Not sure if this is a technical issue or a feature of the mod but my units no longer respond at all. They move and attack, but do not say anything except the general HOI when told to do something. No "perfectum est!" or "Mistophoroi hoplitayeeeeeee' that are music to my ears and add a lot to the game. When i click on them it is complete silence

Hi Maksimus,

All installed and works fine... except for the money.... as KH I'm minus 37K per turn. What should I do? Oh - and is there a modified Building tree somewhere I have missed which shows how long new buildings take etc?

Thanks

Vermin

fomalhaut, yeah i been having the problems with sounds as most modders, its not even tehnical prob but the issue of the engine, simply put - there are too many units in this mod and the engine does not cover all the sounds (there are too many units that should be using same sound)

vermin, you have to disband the fleet and start winning the cities.

Mhh, could we have a summary of the changes EAEM brings? So far i'm welcoming most of them, but would've been likeable to get a full list before installing it: CityMod-like forcing nearly all cities to Small Town, preventing most paved roads, is really, really nasty.
    Also, subeshi archers having 9 base attack? I had a siege, and 2 units of those racked up 700 kills each... Oh, i was attacking.
    Infinite Arrows can be problematic, also.

We dont have infinite arrows in the mod, but the fact is that nomad archer's of central Asia are the very finest, you can recruit them only as mercenary unless your in stepe's.

List of changes is vast, I dont think I will ever be able to update it, the mod is a master peace, many files have been edited for the sake of realism and most of the changes are there to balance out - what was in my opinion, unrealistic.

So infinite arrows isn't a feature? I'll have to bughunt that down, then.
    Fact is that arrows have a lethality of 1.0, so giving them an high attack has ridicolous consequences.
    Still, i really appreciate your work in its totality, i just wanted to know if there was a "bullet point features", like there's for EB: not complete changes, just "Redone buildings, added CityMod, Redone balance, changed mercenaries recruitment".

I'm afraid to tell you that, but EAEM seems utterly broken. Year 220, most AI factions are still in their native borders, completely surrounded by stacks and stacks of eleutheroi. It appears that, except to me, Eleutheroi have lost less than 10 provinces at all. Actually, Casse is down to its last province, and Eleutheroi are going to take even that in a few turns, effectively killing the whole faction, with no other AI factions being involved.
    My EDU is somewhat tweaked (buffs to heavy cavalry, -4 atk to light spear infantry, some cost increases to roman units), but i don't think this can explain more than half the world being ruled by eleutheroi in 220.
    Can someone confirm a different situation? (Britain being owned by Casse, atleast?)

The mod is designed not to be easy and more realistic for player, play on very hard and re roll without any changes thats my advice :)

in my opinion it's pretty unbalanced and comicly, and mostly artificially, difficult. i want all the good things with this mod, like the improved buildings, but the enemy stacks are just silly. not realistic at all.

you literally just gave units super omega chevrons and huge walls solely for the sake of difficulty, not realism. considering ancient military composition there's no way minor kingdoms and unorganized regions are going to have A FULL STACK OF HYPER ELITES. first, how did they get to be so damn experienced? these are stronger than Sartes stacks, that's not realistic. 2nd, how does a small kingdom or region afford an entire professional army that never dies? no, really?

Sartes represents the strong military and other forces making taking the Alps and Neravaci tribes difficult, it makes sense because he acts as a way to represent factions that couldn't make it into the game by making them significant. but for Saba, for instance, the surrounding tribes ARE NOT GOING TO BE FIELDING SUPER STACKS MORE POWERFUL THAN SABA, LET ALONE ARCHE SELEUKAIA. It just does not make sense in sense of realism, and is certainly unbalanced and silly in regards to game balance where every pathetic region is somehow more powerful and experienced than the entire fighting forces of organized and powerful kingdoms.

This isn't giving Pergamon big stacks to represent them as a political power, it's giving comical amounts of experience to an unrealistic amount of soldiers to every minor principality.

Hell, some of the stacks exceed the fighting age population available to most of the lands.
    Last edited by fomalhaut; 05-15-2011 at 09:06.

hmm,

take this argument on TWCenter forums there are many players that would differ, also, if you dont know how to play RTW every stack is too much. Game is unbalanced and not realistic in the basis, and populations can not even be expressed ingame. I suggest you wait for a new game and do not play the mod if you dont like it :)

I am thick, slow, obtuse and a few other things. I have Rome Total War Anthology installed. I also have EB 1.2 installed as well as the 1.2 fixes and the files necessary to run EB with the ALX.exe. The full install path is "C:\Program Files (x86)\Total War Collection\Total War - Rome Anthology". The Target line for my EB.exe single player is

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EBTrivialScript\EBTrivialScript.exe" -s ebconfig.xml -runeb -type "Single Player"

Based on this information could someone,as if they were dealing with a really stupid person (me), help me by typing exactly, verbatim what I need to copy and paste into Target to make EB run with ALX? I can live without Trivial Script.

Thanks guys.

Go to EB shortcut - left clck on the shortcut and chose properties - then - change the Target by copy-paste method

"<drive letter>:\<directory path you've installed RTW into>\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander
    "...\Rome - Total War\RomeTW-ALX.exe" -mod:eb -show_err -nm -noalexander

here it is

change it manually

go too EB Data -- export_descr_buildings.txt

find this line and replace

latifundium requires factions { thrace, greek_cities, macedon, romans_julii, seleucid, egypt, } and building_present_min_level hinterland_farms farms+1 and building_present_min_level market market and building_present_min_level government gov2
    {
    capability
    {
    trade_base_income_bonus bonus 2
    population_growth_bonus bonus 3 requires factions { barbarian, armenia, romans_brutii, romans_scipii, carthage, parthia, numidia, thrace, greek_cities, macedon, romans_julii, seleucid, }
    population_growth_bonus bonus 2 requires factions { egypt, }
    law_bonus bonus -4
    population_loyalty_bonus bonus -1
    }
    construction 24
    cost 20000
    settlement_min city ; large_town
    upgrades

btw city mod isnt included

ok so here it is http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KLR9N0FW
    edb fixing the reforms

I manage to download the files which allow you to run original EB on the Alexander engine, but I am having trouble getting it to run properly. When I try to run the game it starts up alright but then an error message comes up saying "Failed to read censored word dictionary file:eb/data//chat_filter.san

Does anyone have any advice for me to get this game up and running

Page 64 of 69 FirstFirst ... 1454606162636465666768 ... LastLast