Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 17 Centruy IH

Default Re: 17 Centruy IH

Quote Originally Posted by King Jan III Sobieski
    Dispite your misspelling of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth's name , I shall accept your offer of alliance, comrade Leopold of Austria. While Poland looks not to unprovoked war, let the enemies of Poland know that if invaded, they shall bow to the might of the Polish-Lithuanian-Austrian Alliance!

Jan II, King of Poland, Archduke of Lithuania and Lord of the Eastern Realms.

Excellet Jan II! May Our nations grow under this allanice!

Leopold I

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Allainces/Trade Argeements I don't mind taking place now, but no decsions untill this SUnday ofc

Someone take Ottomans! Suprise no one wants them.

A Confused Asian Member Ayachuco's Avatar
    In the No Man's Land between Homelessness and abject Poverty

I, Johan de Witt, freed from any opposition from the stadholderate, would acknowledge an offer of peace and trade from any faction.
    My second proposal of diplomacy as Grand Pensionary is to send an invitation to the first Alexius of the Romanov line or any able-bodied ambassador of the Russian Empire to Amsterdam to initiate a series of discussions relating our imperial designs on the world and how to best work together to achieve them.
    We await your answer to our offer of alliance with much trepidation.
    Through the ages every weapon has evolved from two basic design philosophies, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

"We're not Communists, we're not pinko... we can't be, 'cause you pay to come and see us and we sell t-shirts at our gigs". Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At the Drive-In
    “I grew an afro. Not only did it make me cool, but it did wonders for my career. Oh, and I can get chicks now, too.” Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Tsar Alexis accepts the invitation from the Grand Pensionary and will send a delegation to Amsterdam to discuss economic trade and other issues of diplomacy.

The Tsar would also like it be known that Russia is open for business and would like to build on an opportunity of trading rights with other nations. Extending a friendly invitation to our neighbour and asking Jan II, King of Poland, Archduke of Lithuania and Lord of the Eastern Realms to send trading representatives to Moscow to begin work on an agreement for trade between our great countries. I would like to see merchants cross our borders and not soldiers.

From the Court of Tsar Alexis.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Northnovas
    I would like to see merchants cross our borders and not soldiers.
    I'm sorry, the irony was just tooo funny!
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Crusading historian Member cegorach's Avatar

Extending a friendly invitation to our neighbour and asking Jan II, King of Poland, Archduke of Lithuania and Lord of the Eastern Realms to send trading representatives to Moscow to begin work on an agreement for trade between our great countries. I would like to see merchants cross our borders and not soldiers.

Pardon silly me, but I 'guess' that
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Poland and Russia were AT WAR at that time and in fact in 1660 two large Russian armies were sent to attack Warsaw and Lvov to ene the war, but were obliterated...And there was no possibility for a truce of any kind without a major defeat - Russian tzar took the title of the Grand Duke of Lithuania in 1655 for a reason...

+ because I care

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

here is a simple map of the positions of both armies.

The red areas in the Russian-occupied Lithuania are guerille/irregular units disrupting communications or blocking Russian held fortresses like Vilnius/Wilno, Kaunas/Kowno and even Brest.

Two Russian armies were sent to bring more men and supplies to the fortresses and to carry on with the offensive towards Warsaw and Lvov/Lwów (Ukraine). At the same time Polish-Lithuanian forces redeployed with Czarniecki's division returning from Denmark, Lubomirski's group moving from Pomerania where they were besieging Swedish garrisons and Pac's division doing the same in Courland.
    Later Czarniecki brought his forces and joined the Lithuanian army close to Warsaw-Kaunas-Brest triangle while Lubomirski (finally free thanks to the peace treaty in Oliva - signed in MAY) joined Rewera Potocki in Lvov-Kamieniec Podolski-Luck triangle and supported by Crimean Tartars they challenged Sheremietiv army marching blindly towards Lvov.
    1660 is nknown as the 'lucky year' for a reason - the Russians are almost totally removed from the pre-war borders of the Commonwealth and their offensive capabilities were destroyed to the end of the war.
    Last edited by cegorach; 11-27-2007 at 12:13.

Member Member 5 Card Draw Champion, Mini Pool 2 Champion, Ice Hockey Champion, Mahjong Connect Champion Northnovas's Avatar

Well it's an IH game trying for an alternate history and one doesn't have to repeat past mistakes. I wasn't asking for an alliance maybe a possible truce so there is no fighting between the countries when the game starts.

Tsar Alexis of Russia,

I would wish to extand my hand in friendship also to you, so Russia and Austria can be allies in this toublesome world.

Blog Entries

Hey all,

If you can get your information in by Thursday, so I can start writing Friday and have it up SUnday, it be nice.

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by MaddenKhan2
    Tsar Alexis of Russia,

I would wish to extand my hand in friendship also to you, so Russia and Austria can be allies in this toublesome world.
    Leopold of Austria I am willing to sit and talk of an alliance. Our southern borders have the possibility of a common enemy and it would be beneficial to work together to stop any further aggression into Europe.

Tsar Alexis

Blog Entries

I,Mehmed IV, demand that Russia and Habsburg Austria not join in a allanice. Any smart Leaders will stop this from happening!

Mehmed IV

Off Topic:

I still need information from some People.

Swiss
    Spain
    Sweden

mabye one or two others I forgot. And I hope someone takes the Ottomans. Hate to be stuck with a huge country for couple chapters

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

OOC: Maybe we could start now and they send in Info next Chapter? I really wanna see this get started.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Warluster
    OOC: Maybe we could start now and they send in Info next Chapter? I really wanna see this get started.

Well I'm going to start writing the chapter tomarrow (friday) if I got all the informatoion or not. the Info I just wanted so I can write the chapters more easy, but yea, it be up Sunday.

Blog Entries

Rules are Officaly Updated :-)

Chapter is 25% done as of Thursday Night. Will be up Sunday Night, and PM's will be sent out on Monday.
    Last edited by ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88; 11-30-2007 at 03:11. Reason: Updating

Blog Entries

Hey,

You guys want me to post each country's questions in public after the chapter for all to see or like me to PM them to you instead??

Blog Entries

Public.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Public
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Blog Entries

Public it is.

35 percent donw as of now. Tomarrow it will be 50 percent done, and Sunday it will be 100% done, and be posted Sunday Night

Louis 14th of France,

Since you are Allied with my Fellow Spanish Habsburgs in Spain, would you be interseted in a allaince with Austria?

Also,Gyorgy Rakosci II of Tranvanyila,

Would you like to have a offical allaince and trade argeement with us also?

Still warlusting... Member Warluster's Avatar

Leopold I of Austria,

We gratefully accept, and France hopes this Alliance be strong and resourceful.

Louis XIV, Duke of Bourbon, King of France, King of Navarre, Duke of Parma, Duke of Seville, Grand Duke of Luxembourg, King of the Two Sicilies
    Last edited by Warluster; 11-30-2007 at 23:42.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Brandenburg accepts the King of France's offer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Leopold of Austria, I would gladly accept your offer of trade. However, without assistance I fear that the Ottomans will soon over run my country. Please send assistance as soon as possible.

Pope, Transylvania has long defended Christian Europe from the Ottoman hordes. Many thousands of us have died fighting them. We ask you to rally the Christians of Europe to aid us in repelling them once more.

Gyorgy Rakoscki, Prince of Transylvania and the rightful king of Poland.
    Last edited by woad&fangs; 12-01-2007 at 00:13.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Blog Entries

We are warning Austria and the HRE to stay out and not send any troops, or we will take action against Austria and her allies.

Sultan Mehmed IV

Blog Entries

Message from his Holiness, the Pontif, Servant of the Servants of God, Alexander VII.

To the peoples of Europe: For over one hundred years, we have squabbled amonst ourselves, Christian against Christian. However, a new threat has risen to power. The evil hordes of the Islamic Ottomans now encroach upon the periphery of the civilized world. I urge all Christians to band together, and to aid the Transylvanians in their struggles against the barbarian hordes. We must protect the people following the word of God. I fear that if we do not stem the Islamic tide now, we may be too late to stop the muslims from overrunning Europe. They do not follow our laws, do not have our respect for humanity, do not recognize the divine right placed by God upon Monarchs, and threaten all of civilization. We cannot allow our own divisions to weaken us against the monsters that are the Ottomans. We must recapture the the lands taken by the Turks, liberate the souls who have been imprisoned, spiritually or otherwise, by the barbarians. 'Tis the divinely ordained duty of all Christians to defend the faith against the heathens, and to save the poor souls who have been forced under the heathen yoke already.

From the Court of Tsar Alexis

Pope Alexander VII we have our differences in faith. However, we are all Christians and I support your call and will work with all Christans to stop this tide from infringing further into Europe.
    That is why I feel it is necessary for Austria and it's illustrious leader Leopold to to work with Russia and stop this invasion. Our two countries can coordinate a defence of Europe with the support of our other Christian neighbours.

We will work together with the Tzar Alexis of Russia, and all other nations to stop the heathens. We call on Russia,Sweden,Poland,Cossacks and all other countries to make peace now, so we can fight the Turks!

Leopold I of Austria

Quote Originally Posted by kamikhaan
    Message from his Holiness, the Pontif, Servant of the Servants of God, Alexander VII.

To the peoples of Europe: For over one hundred years, we have squabbled amonst ourselves, Christian against Christian. However, a new threat has risen to power. The evil hordes of the Islamic Ottomans now encroach upon the periphery of the civilized world. I urge all Christians to band together, and to aid the Transylvanians in their struggles against the barbarian hordes. We must protect the people following the word of God. I fear that if we do not stem the Islamic tide now, we may be too late to stop the muslims from overrunning Europe. They do not follow our laws, do not have our respect for humanity, do not recognize the divine right placed by God upon Monarchs, and threaten all of civilization. We cannot allow our own divisions to weaken us against the monsters that are the Ottomans. We must recapture the the lands taken by the Turks, liberate the souls who have been imprisoned, spiritually or otherwise, by the barbarians. 'Tis the divinely ordained duty of all Christians to defend the faith against the heathens, and to save the poor souls who have been forced under the heathen yoke already.
    I, Jan II of Poland, support the Holy See in its statement against the Ottomans. This is a threat faced by all of Christendom which can no longer be ignored. As such, I would like to make a truce with the respective Lords of Russia and Sweden.

Quote Originally Posted by King Jan III Sobieski
    I, Jan II of Poland, support the Holy See in its statement against the Ottomans. This is a threat faced by all of Christendom which can no longer be ignored. As such, I would like to make a truce with the respective Lords of Russia and Sweden.
    Tsar Alexis

This is most excellent news to hear from my neighbour! Russia will be bound by the terms of our truce and I will now concentrate the war effort in concert with Austria against the foes of Christendom.

OOC: I think a Crusade is forming!

Tsar Alexis

This is most excellent news to hear from my neighbour! Russia will be bound by the terms of our truce and I will now concentrate the war effort in concert with Austria against the foes of Christendom.

OOC: I think a Crusade is forming!
    This is Excellet. We will Relieve you,Gyorgy Rakoscki, Keep holding on!

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

King Frederick William of Prussia

The Kingdom of Prussia have made an agreement with Emperor Leopold that in return for my autonomy to reign my kingdom, Prussia will join the crusade against the Turkish infidels and provide military support in any way possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast