Thread: problem with modding on med I!

Member Member Baron von Alvincy's Avatar

Exclamation problem with modding on med I!

I try to write in comprehensible english^^

Hy there, I tried to mod Med I or better to say on Napoleonic I total war.
    I thought it would be possible to copa the LUKMAP files from Pike and Musket into the Napoleonic total war direction, because I wanted to have more provincess, and P&M had about 8 more than Nap.

Well, I deleted the LUKMAPS from Nap total war, and copied P&M LUKMAPS in the right direction.
    I thought that I had to change some files because of the new Provincess, so I changed following files:

campmap-names.txt

LOC-names.txt
    LOC-NAP_b2_FACTION_SPECIFIC.txt
    LOC-NAP_b2_REGION_SPECIFIC.txt
    LOC-NAP_EA_FACTION_SPECIFIC.txt
    LOC-NAP_EA_REGION_SPECIFIC.txt

I wrote the names of the new Provincess in, where it was neccessary.

Then I went into the startpos direction, and opened NAP_beta_5VI.txt

I copied parts of XVI Early.txt from Pike and Musket into the NAP_beta_5VI.txt, like the whole DeclareLandRegion part, or the SetNeighbours part, gave every new Province Buildings and Units, but the Game does not work any more!!!
    The entire Campaign VI does not work any more, and the heroes in the other campaigns does not have a name any more!
    Like Emperor I or King II

please help my, pr does any one knoes a guide for adding a new province?

Thanks
    BAron of Alvincy

Second-hand chariot salesman Senior Member macsen rufus's Avatar

Default Re: problem with modding on med I!

Hmmmmmm, oh dear.....

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It sounds like you've broken more than one thing in there if it's affecting so much.

If you are adding provinces/moving a campaign map you will need to include:

LUKUPMAP (and hi-res copy)
    MINILUKUP
    FE_MINILUKUP

In the startpos you must change: DeclareLandRegion, DeclareSeaRegion, SetNeighbours, SetBorder, SetAttributes, SetOrigin, SetPort, SetCastle, SetRegionRebels, SetTitle

You must also make the appropriate changes in your Faction_specific and Region_specific files, plus names.txt

That's all I can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's more....

To be honest, your best bet now is to delete it all and re-install and try again from scratch, and have a CLOSE look at how other mods have instituted new maps. Even better, set it up as a sub-mod with its own textures sub-folder structure, then you can make changes without breaking your original. As I've said elsewhere, changing the campaign map is the most far-reaching mod you can make, as it has impacts everywhere in the game.

ANCIENT: TW

A mod for Medieval:TW (with VI)

Discussion forum thread

Download A Game of Thrones Mod v1.4

Default Re: problem with modding on med I!

There's also the language files usually found in the \loc\english directory.