Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Sega listen, what we don't want in Empire!

Default Re: Sega listen, what we don't want in Empire!

Forgot to post this. More flexible and friendly options in game/video and when starting a new game. People have to unpack files and mod, make batch (*.bat) files and/or start Medieval2.exe with other commands. All of the above can be quite complicated for the novice computer user who is a gamer.

New options when starting a new game:

1. Unit scale: Small, Medium, Large, Huge

2. Battle length: Short, Normal, Long, Epic (All units get a morale bonus including + morale from harder difficulties by the AI. -2 for Short, +2 for Long, +4 for Epic.) Length affects unit kill speed also?

3. Brigard spawn rate: Low, Medium, High, Very high

4. Pirate spawn rate: Low, Medium, High, Very High

5. Timescale: Slow, Normal, Fast, Faster
    (0.75 for slow, 1.0 for normal, 1.5 for fast, 2.0 for faster, number of years for 1 turn. Or some other game turn modifier)

New in game options:
    Allow unlimited men in battle: Have a pop up saying player might experience slowdown. Not sure if this should be in the new game options as players can take advantage.

Seperate AI scipts for each faction in battle and on the campaign map. Ex. If one faction has strong cavalry their script would have different many modifiers than a faction who is strong in naval and infantry units.

New options in main menu:
    "Use/load Mod"
    "New Mod Game"

Say I have a RTW mod for M2 in /Games/Medieval2/RTW with all the moded files, I just select that directory and it loads the files. Pick "New Mod Game" next.

I'm sure there are many more options to put in Empires that doesn't require the user to mess around with the game files and having to reinstall.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xseabrookx
    2. Battle length: Short, Normal, Long, Epic (All units get a morale bonus including + morale from harder difficulties by the AI. -2 for Short, +2 for Long, +4 for Epic.) Length affects unit kill speed also?

3. Brigard spawn rate: Low, Medium, High, Very high

4. Pirate spawn rate: Low, Medium, High, Very High

5. Timescale: Slow, Normal, Fast, Faster
    (0.75 for slow, 1.0 for normal, 1.5 for fast, 2.0 for faster, number of years for 1 turn. Or some other game turn modifier)
    I love those ideas, especially no.2 on battle length. The difficulty though would be getting the AI to cope with the different unit stats.

Since gunpowder, artillery, and pikes were all pretty much bugged off the battlefield in M2TW, especially the latter, these really have to be fixed.
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Quote Originally Posted by Caledonian Rhyfelwyr
    Since gunpowder, artillery, and pikes were all pretty much bugged off the battlefield in M2TW, especially the latter, these really have to be fixed.
    Agreed.

Artillery wasn't too important in M2TW so it wasn't such a problem that it was only good against walls, but it would be criminal if they weren't any good in ETW. It would be as if knights were rubbish in M2TW.

Personally I don't want to see an Autoresolve function that consistently squanders my best units. I want to be able to tell my captains "the militia are expendable, but keep the heavy cavalry in reserve. And don't order the artillery crews to engage the enemy peasants in melee."

Or maybe it could be based on dread/chivalry, if ETW has such a system. So a high dread general would send the peasants in to be massacred, while a high chivalry character would personally lead the elite units into the fray.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345