Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Problem with eb1.0

Default Re: Problem with eb1.0

i Clicked the link that you sent me but nothing happens, the download does not start =/

That's odd. It's the same as the other ones, and "works on my computer" . Please try again.

Having problems getting EB2 to run? Try these solutions.
    ================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

You may want to try Save-Target-As, in case you tried to download from the EB FTP server.

(Is that in fact, possible? )
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

I've got it on a private server, it's not on the EB FTP. Although I'll put it there if he still has problems.

================
    I do NOT answer PM requests for help with EB. Ask in a new help thread in the tech help forum.
    ================
    I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. We've created life in our own image. - Stephen Hawking

i tried Save-Target-As, and i donwloaded a html document, with a lot of strange characters, letters and numbers writen on it O.o

It's an archive. By letting the browser interpret it, it will become corrupted, with "line breaks" of value 10 becoming 1310. I'll put it on the EB FTP.

================
    ================

It's working, i tryied some custom battles and started a getai's campaing
    i'll download the other helixes and see if they work too.
    Do they need the hotfix?
    Edit: I can't download the other helixes, very strange, hapens the same thing
    that ocurred when i was trying to download the hotfix.
    Last edited by Stone and Blood; 12-28-2007 at 00:35.

I thought you said you had downloaded them already. Please stop using Internet Exploder and start using Mozilla Firefox instead. That hotfix is only for Helix4.
    Last edited by bovi; 12-30-2007 at 17:49.

================
    ================

I can't download them, even with mozilla firefox =/, very sttrange...

Sorry. I had stopped the server due to a harddisk crash. Try again now.

Firefox should ask you what you want to do with the file, since it's not a text file for browser interpretation. Mine does, at least.
    Last edited by bovi; 01-07-2008 at 01:35.

================
    ================

Bovi, last night i started the download, but it stopped sudenly, don't know why, and after this i could not sart the download again...
    I wont use my computer till saturday or sunday, i'll try to donwload again when i be back, i see you later my friend ;)

Yeah, my connection died inexplicably and stayed dead until this afternoon, when it inexplicably fixed itself. No idea why, maybe my ISP did some upgrade or screwed up. Sorry for the instability.

================
    ================

I downloaded the relix6, extracted the files in my Rome total war 1.5 folder. I started the game but the following error message apeared:
    Script Error in eb/data/settlement/oasis.txt , at line 11, colmun1
    Name not recognised:'oasis_lake' - make sure you defined it in descr_bulding_battle.txt or as a slot or group in descr_settlement_plan.txt

That's weird, that that one should pop up now and not for the other installations. Anyway, get the oasis temp fix and install that, it should bypass the problem (thankfully a known error!).

Also, please download the rest of them as soon as possible.
    Last edited by bovi; 01-18-2008 at 18:27.

================
    ================

Campaing and custom battle are working. But, there are some strange things:
    1)at custom battle, choosing the roman faction, all the units available are mercenaries, there is no principe, hastati or legionary.
    2)Some units are displayed as the peasants from Rome Total War Vanilla, and, when i start a battle with them, an Error message apears.
    3)When i go to options, it says that the game's version is helix4.
    But, anyway it's working, i'll download helix 7, and then we see what hapens :)

I think I forgot to say thank you for your persistence in this. It's tedious business to find which part of the changes are causing problems, when it only affects a tiny number of people. If Helix7 works as well, there are very few changes left, so the remaining work will be rather short. I'll basically make an archive of the revision that is halfway between 6 and 7 if 7 doesn't work, and halfway between 7 and 1.0 if 7 works.

1) That sounds very weird indeed. Perhaps it is corrupted in some way . Still, as you say, it loads...

2) Some UI was missing until the last point in development, so I think this is okay.

3) Yeah, we didn't bother to create a new screen at that point.
    Last edited by bovi; 01-19-2008 at 10:43.

================
    ================

I is da bestest at grammar Member Strategos Alexandros's Avatar

For 1. have you switched the EDU around?
    - my first balloon, from Mouzafphaerre
    - LS balloon

Modo Egredior
    https://www.perseus.tufts.edu/cgi-bi...ookup=Plb.+toc <- read this!
    "Do you know what's worth fighting for?
    When it's not worth dying for?"

Oh yeah, I missed that he said custom battles. That is quite okay then, expected behaviour.

================
    ================

Helix 7 is working, i can load custom battle and start campaings.
    The version that apears at options screen is 1.
    I Still can't choose the roman units, like principes and legionary, at custom battle. Strategos Alexandros, i realy don't know what EDU is this :), sorry.
    Ah... another thing that i forgot to say before... The Barbarian faction's musics are strange, all i can hear is some strange noises that i realt can't describe.
    But, anyway, Helix7 is working, very surprising to me, because i tought the game would crash at helix 6 or 5 :)... And after all, i'll try to instal EB1.0 again, my computer is 1giga ram now, i want to see if it could change in some way the behaviour of the game...

Okay, you do that. In the meantime, I'll compile an archive that is halfway from H7 to 1.0.

Edit: That will have to wait for about an hour, I've found something that could restore my harddisk.
    Last edited by bovi; 01-19-2008 at 13:36.

================
    ================

1.0 installed... but is still like before, can't start camaping or custom battle...

Installed this modification, No sound . Where is the problem? Also when booting error message: EB \ Data \ descr_event_images.txt.

Please make your own help thread.

Stone&Blood, check your PMs.

================
    ================

Sorry Bovi. I didn't download what you sent me because my internet is weird, the download is 699 bytes/second, and will take me 247 hours O.o...
    This should be happaning bacause of a strong rain, very common where i live in summer season, i'll download it soon as possible,

Bovi, I downloaded and installed what you sent to me, and the game is working like the 1.0 version, crashes when I start custom battle or campaing.

Here is the log: http://rapidshare.com/files/86519235/LogEB174.rar.html
    Last edited by Stone and Blood; 01-25-2008 at 16:24.

Hello to all.

I had the same problem, i have the v.081a and the v.10 installed.

I resolve the problem of the beginning using the -nm as you stone and blood. And I resolve the problem of beginning a campaing updating the Nvidia drivers. (i have a Nvidia FX5700). For now i´m playing my campaing without problems... (almost five turns...). I don´t make any other change.
    My true name I would never let known. Know enough that I have broken many enemies, and cast them down into an abyss of torture and suffering. And it pleases me.

Rudhma (actual name unknown), a bandit/warchief of Ynys Manaw; Cycle of Telam

The visual effect at the beginnig before put the -nm:

https://img232.imageshack.us/my.php?...problemku1.png

I hope that you have luck with the drivers...
    My true name I would never let known. Know enough that I have broken many enemies, and cast them down into an abyss of torture and suffering. And it pleases me.

Rudhma (actual name unknown), a bandit/warchief of Ynys Manaw; Cycle of Telam

Harknenn, thanks for the information, mine is Nvidia Geforce FX5200, perhaps i should update my driver too. But I still want to fix the CTD with Bovi's help, till I get Nvidia 5700 or higher.
    I realy dont understand, mi PC run Medieval total war 2, wich is much heavier, with even more detailed graphics without problem.
    Last edited by Stone and Blood; 01-26-2008 at 18:01.

Thank you for testing, and for your continued patience in this. We're getting closer to finding the cause, I think, as there are not many revisions between Helix7 and the one I gave you last. Unfortunately, I'm not in a position right now to build another one in between those. I'll hopefully get back to you on Monday, sorry for the delay.

================
    ================

When I was playing helix7, the musics of the barbarian factions were very weird, i can't describe, but were very strange, dont know why. The other factions musics are normal.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast