Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chariot Progress

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Alletun's Avatar

Default Re: Chariot Progress

I had a talk with an admin on TWC. He said that as long as the russian havn't released any of the MoC models, they can't do anything. the moment they do however, the link to the mod will be deleted, the threads closed, and if they continue posting links to the files they'll get banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Bwian
    For those of you who have been wondering what I have been up to.,.... wonder no longer!

Chariots are nearly done.

So far, we have had to devise some new tools to modify animations, completely re-do every frame of the horse animations to cure the inbuilt problems of badly aligned skeletons....but now I am on the home straight. All the walk/idle animas are done, and I just have the run/charge and die anims to re-do before I can re-do the test changes that I know work to move the skeleton away from the origin to make hte skeleton pivot around the chariot....and convert the tail bones into pole and wheel bones. This is the easiest way to do it, and has worked well in tests before we uncovered the horse issue. Took a lot of man hours to get this far... but I think it will be worth it!

Yaaaa!! he is back

I hate to spoil the fun ,but bwain's post is 6 months old.

Just be patient and all shall be revealed

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : Chariot Progress

Russians have this bad habits to not give a crap about copyright and intellectual property issues.

When I was still working on Diadochi TW for RTW, our Russian modder simply copied EB units, made an EB-like preview (probably copy/pasting EB texts aswell) and posted it on every RTW forum he could find.
    I was like "WTF dude ?!"

Default Re: Re : Chariot Progress

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil
    Russians have this bad habits to not give a crap about copyright and intellectual property issues.

When I was still working on Diadochi TW for RTW, our Russian modder simply copied EB units, made an EB-like preview (probably copy/pasting EB texts aswell) and posted it on every RTW forum he could find.
    I was like "WTF dude ?!"
    While I've also heard that russia has quite strange copyright rules, that example isn't really illegal I think. But non the less, it's against any unwritten rules you can have in a modding community.

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

In Soviet Russia, Copyright violates you!

Quote Originally Posted by Alletun
    I had a talk with an admin on TWC. He said that as long as the russian havn't released any of the MoC models, they can't do anything. the moment they do however, the link to the mod will be deleted, the threads closed, and if they continue posting links to the files they'll get banned.
    But how can they release the mod without releasing the MoC models? Unless they do what they should've done in the first place by making everything from scratch, I'm worried this whole endeavour by them will end up in disappointment for the TW community at the org.

"Know, O Prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world, like blue mantles beneath the stars...
    Is fhearr fheuchainn na bhith san duil.

Quote Originally Posted by Taranaich
    But how can they release the mod without releasing the MoC models? Unless they do what they should've done in the first place by making everything from scratch, I'm worried this whole endeavour by them will end up in disappointment for the TW community at the org.
    You're right, I don't know exactly where, but I recall that I read somewhere, that a moderater, that they cannot do anything now, becuz the russian hasn't released anything (no rules broken yet). But if he releases (and thus breakes the rules, cuz he then also releases the MoC models) the moderater will destroy the download link, and remove the entire mod from the forum.
    There is no such thing as the best winnig, the one to screw up first loses.

-My dog has no nose!
    -Then how does it smell?
    -awfull!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazysigmarite

lmao!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Krazysigmarite
    Haha, indeed :D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12