Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Default AW: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Hi Mithick666, I did chek this EDU, nothing. I did install all new.RTW1.5 +Bi1.6 + EB1.1 + EB1.2 +CityMod v.5.1a and every Time at last EB for BI Setap (Chek Install Option, all is enable.).And all Time I do start the game in the shortcut Europa Barbarorum for Barbarian Invasion.Its works great, but no shieldwall.I chek again this EDU, nobody from Units has it.Last week I did play your Mod, all was OK.But after new Install from Windwos, only Problems.Ok, only one Problem:Shieldwall.Can be that CityMod do this Problem, or no? I think , I need this EDU file with shield_wall.
    Last edited by Hektor; 04-13-2009 at 01:35.

Default Re: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

mmmm i can not give you the edu because i modded this file to add the unit alquilfer

i help you whit this

firts check one thing

C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\sp game edu backup in this folder must be 2 files

1.-eb_before_bi_export_descr_unit
    2.-export_descr_unit

copy the 2 and paste in C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War\EB\Data after
    start whit the shortcut Europa Barbarorum for Barbarian Invasion

note

shieldwall is disable in multiplayer and singleplayer whit the shortcut of trivalscript
    Play Single Player/Play Multi Player

test the shieldwall playing whit romany the triari,hastai,princeps have it

and no city mod does not change EDU that is not the problem.

Last edited by Mithick666; 04-13-2009 at 02:25.

Default AW: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Hi! Thank you for your help !But it has brought nothing. This file also has no Shield_wall,and precisely same like other, precisely same datum.All the same, further play without shieldwall

Default Re: AW: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

I just downloaded this after unsuccesfully trying install EB RTW (silly i know)

I want to install The 'Mini Mod pack' (the one that contains Force Diplmacy, Allied Legions Etc...) and the Phalanx minimod - first of all are these compatible with EB BI? and secondly Which files do i need to back up? incase of f**kupage during said minimod installation

Also, which files can i permanently delete from my unsuccesfull EB RTW install without it breaking my working EB BI?

Hi Svenn
    first to install The 'Mini Mod pack'

1.-to install rome total war 1.5
    2.-to install barbarian invacion 1.6
    3.-to install EB 1.1
    4.-to install EB 1.2
    5.-to install The 'Mini Mod pack'
    6.-to install Barbarian Invacion for Europa Barborum

now there are many files that you need to back up and i do not know all the directorys
    but if you install all it step by step there will not be any problem.

which files can i permanently delete from my unsuccesfull EB RTW install without it breaking my working EB BI?
    i do not know what files you are talking

Ok perhaps i wasnt clear enough,

I have EB working with BI - But not with RTW.

I want to download The Mini Mod Pack, but im not sure if its compatible with BI

I would also like to download the phalanx mini mod aswell

Im not sure which files i need to backup incase i install ^^those^^ mods incorrectly and it all goes wrong

And finally i would like to know which (if any) files i can delete from my failed EB-RTW installation (Afterall i dont need em right? i mean, i have EB-BI working - surely the files i want deleting are just wasting space?????)

If im talking nonsense just say - im not a computer genious, or even that computer literate

On a separate note - Does anybody know if sheild wall works with the phalanx mod? what happens when both are on?

Thankyou

Quote Originally Posted by Svenn View Post
    On a separate note - Does anybody know if sheild wall works with the phalanx mod? what happens when both are on?
    You mean TWFanatic's phalanxmod? It works just fine together with shield wall; as long as you don't use shield wall offensively (put unit in shield wall and then charge) you'll get the desired effect of hoplites staying together and pushing the enemy.

One thing, and this is just personal opinion, but Ferromancer's installer among other things also tweaks the spacing of units. I'd change the values of hoplite units back to the original ones if you're going to use the phalanx mod; otherwise there'll be to much space between seperate soldiers in a unit when out of shield wall and it won't really look right.

Just want to say thanks to you Ferromancer for this installer - making EB with BI even better!

Diairei kai basileue

Age. Fac ut gaudeam.

Noli nothis permittere te terere.

Quote Originally Posted by Raygereio View Post
    You mean TWFanatic's phalanxmod? It works just fine together with shield wall; as long as you don't use shield wall offensively (put unit in shield wall and then charge) you'll get the desired effect of hoplites staying together and pushing the enemy.

One thing, and this is just personal opinion, but Ferromancer's installer among other things also tweaks the spacing of units. I'd change the values of hoplite units back to the original ones if you're going to use the phalanx mod; otherwise there'll be to much space between seperate soldiers in a unit when out of shield wall and it won't really look right.
    I changed the spacing of units, because otherwise the units all crowd around together and shuffle about when put into a shieldwall, and it looks ridiculous and unrealistic.

If you don't like the results just untick the unit formations box in my installer to get rid of the shieldwall and changed unit spacings.
    Currently playing as:

Want to play Europa Barbarorum on Barbarian Invasion? Read all about it!
    Thanks for the balloons!

Big Brother got you down? Join the Freedom Group on the .org!

Hey Ferromancer :D

its me again... i was also curious about the original spacing and the sheild wall thing... can you give us a screenshot of what happens with the original spacing on sheild wall? are they all bouncing about?

and i became curious about it when i :

a.)put my hoplitai in sheildwall
    b.)then i make them walk
    c.)then turned off the sheildwall

(now im amazed because they walked in formation, not returning to the loose formation but still in the tight formation of the sheild wall)

d.)when they get near the enemy when i turn on sheildwall they just raise their spears and poof sheildwall formation...

so i got curious that if the original spacings were made then if i turn on sheild wall they will just raise their spears... :)

nice mod tho! :D
    sheild wall really hits the spot.... :D

Running into a problem running 1.2 with BI, both with and without this installer. I had a clean EB 1.1 running on BI 1.6 by means of altering the .exe in the shortcut. I patched up to 1.2, started a new campaign, and all of my starting characters got the new recruited general trait that goes with client rulers. Gave up and switched to using the regular RTW 1.5 .exe. Today I found this mod, installed it with everything but the fixes (already done) and the graphics options, and started a new campaign fine. First turn in I get client ruler traits again. What'd I do wrong?
    "Let us wrestle with the ineffable and see if we may not, in fact, eff it after all." -Dirk Gently, character of the late great Douglas Adams.

hi Pode
    1. install rtw 1.5
    2.-install BI 1.6
    3.-install EB 1.1
    4.- install EB 1.2
    5.- install BI for EB
    did you install EB 1.2 after to install BI for EB ?
    maybe it is your problem i have BI and i don have that problem.

That is the order I installed in, I just played for some months between steps 3 and 4. Now that I think about it, I may have used the 1.1 installer for BI and never uninstalled it before using this new 1.2 installer. Probably my issue. Will reinstall everything tonight and see if that fixes my issue.

Edit: Reinstall of just EB 1.1, 1.2, and then EB for BI seems to have cleared it up. Thanks for helping the doofus who forgot his old installs.
    Last edited by Pode; 04-29-2009 at 01:20.
    "Let us wrestle with the ineffable and see if we may not, in fact, eff it after all." -Dirk Gently, character of the late great Douglas Adams.

Quote Originally Posted by deviant927 View Post
    Hey Ferromancer :D

its me again... i was also curious about the original spacing and the sheild wall thing... can you give us a screenshot of what happens with the original spacing on sheild wall? are they all bouncing about?

and i became curious about it when i :

a.)put my hoplitai in sheildwall
    b.)then i make them walk
    c.)then turned off the sheildwall

(now im amazed because they walked in formation, not returning to the loose formation but still in the tight formation of the sheild wall)

d.)when they get near the enemy when i turn on sheildwall they just raise their spears and poof sheildwall formation...

so i got curious that if the original spacings were made then if i turn on sheild wall they will just raise their spears... :)

nice mod tho! :D
    sheild wall really hits the spot.... :D
    If you turn off shieldwall while they are marching, they won't space out. You have to give them the command to halt, then have them walk again. It's just how the engine works.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

soooooooo.... the situation would be very different then if the original spacing was put on then?

Quote Originally Posted by deviant927 View Post
    soooooooo.... the situation would be very different then if the original spacing was put on then?
    No.

But you're welcome to try it yourself. If hoplites humping each other during battle is your thing.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Hi Ferromancer, I recently downloaded your minimod, and i also got the "PICK THE ITEM FROM THE LIST" problem , keeping in mind that im new to this forum, and a mortal when it comes to messing with the game, could you provide some help, because I see good fedback from those who have it properly installed. I did all the basic steps that you have written. O and thanks for making the mod, although I cant play it, i respect the time and effort you put into making it.

And I know this is the wrong place to ask this, but what does phalanx mod do?

Thanks in advance.

hi, Ferromancer
    sorry if it was asked and answered already. i am playing using Liz's mini mods pack (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=105242) on Alex exe. my question is can i also get your installer installed in the same game folder and play using BI exe, or will it mess things up?

thanks

Am I the only one who can't get his units to swim? No unit that has "can_swim", can actually swim on the battle field.

The other features all work fine.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

I apologise if this is a problem that has already been solved but I just downloaded this mod, installed to Rome:bi with EB vanilla, I had all the options checked off. But now I cannot play custom battles and campaigns do not load.

Ferromancer, in descr_strat you forgot to change (or at least it didn't change that in my installation) "campaign imperial_campaign" into "campaign barbarian_invasion". Because of this can_swim does not work.

Beware though that when you change this you need to alter the text files for the campaign descriptions too, because else they won't show up anymore.
    Last edited by Mediolanicus; 06-01-2009 at 11:04.

--> - Never near Argos - <--

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

Has anyone ever had problems achieving the victory screen with a campaign they switched from rtw.exe to bi.exe with this mod? Just curious about one of my campaigns I thought I had just won...

I don't mind starting a new game, just not sure if I should continue with the one I'm on.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Ferromancer,

Do you have any plans of implementing Horde ability for Sakae, Sauromatae and (optionally) Pahlava?
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

I know I haven't posted here in a while (busy with other things) but I have addressed a bug brought up above about an entry in desc_strat being "imperial_campaign" instead of "barbarian_invasion". This fix was actually tricky, as a number of other files had to be modified and with the proper encoding. I have also added two new options to the installer: (1) the ability to select alternate brightness settings and (2) the giant trees fix. I will update the first page of this thread shortly to reflect the updates.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

@Ferromancer
    Ave mate, good approach

But check hardcoded copy path (c:/program file/activision/rome - total war) for your *.dll file. In case another path for RTW,BI,EB your installer miss it.
    Campaigns:
    EB1.1 Qarthadast - completed
    EB1.1+MMP1.1 Pahlava campaign (VH/M)- ceased by RL
    EB1.2(alx.exe)+MMP3.1 for Alex(Lz3) Hayasdan - ongoing

Quote Originally Posted by cyberVIP View Post
    @Ferromancer
    Ave mate, good approach

But check hardcoded copy path (c:/program file/activision/rome - total war) for your *.dll file. In case another path for RTW,BI,EB your installer miss it.
    The dll path is not hard coded. It uses whatever directory you typed in the installer.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Just added Victory Conditions to the installer after testing them in BI. See first post for more details.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Great!
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Hi Ferromancer it's been a while since I used your installer 0.81 I think.

I've now finished a full Roman campaign in 1.2 using Lz3's mod pack but I want to do a fresh re-install and use you BI installer especially now you've added win conditions and chopped the trees!

However I want to add other mods namely;
    City Mod
    Forced Diplomacy
    Darth's AI formations.
    Konny's Allied legions
    Gallic helm correction

Do any of thes econflict and if not what is the sequence to install starting with vanilla RTW?

Thanks
    Last edited by Chris1959; 07-23-2009 at 10:00. Reason: Forgot something
    "Tell them I said something......"
    Pancho Villa
    Completed; Rome AD14!

Hi, I have the Problem, that during the Instalation of this minimod the programm tells me that a file named EBforBIHelper.dll wich should be in the EB folder is missing.

I also wanted to ask, wheter this mod: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showt...105242&page=20
    Is compatible with your BI mod.

Edit: i can specify my problem now.

If i Install EB 1.1 + 1.2 + the fixes and on top this mod for BI exe, i have the "select an item from the list" bug.

If i first Install the minimod pack, game isnt starting at all.
    Last edited by Cr7390; 07-24-2009 at 08:25.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast