Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Default Re: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Quote Originally Posted by Aut Nihil View Post
    And so I did ... RTW is installed on my D drive, not C and I just changed the drive letter to 'D' during the install ... still doesn't work.
    You don't happen to be running Windows Vista, do you?
    Currently playing as:

Want to play Europa Barbarorum on Barbarian Invasion? Read all about it!
    Thanks for the balloons!

Big Brother got you down? Join the Freedom Group on the .org!

Butcher Of Romans Member Aut Nihil's Avatar

Unfortunately I do, Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition
    "Nothing is so well fortified that money can not capture it" Cicero

"Wise men speak because they have something to say, fools say something because they have to speak" - Unknown

Unfortunately I do, Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit edition
    Well, that may explain most of your problems. Try this: Right-click an EXE or its shortcut and select "Run as administrator" from the context menu.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

This may sound like a pretty dumb question because I am rather computer illiterate:

Is there an easy way to avoid ovewriting a RTW.exe installation with this BI installation, so that I could switch back and forth between with relativ ease? I have had some nasty luck trying this with 1.1 and a 1.0 installation: I tried to copy the data folder, so I would have one for both so that I could switch back and forth, but after I installed my 1.0 saves ended up being invalid using either data folder. I'm just hoping to keep 1.1 RTW.exe saves that I can go back to, alongside a BI installation of 1.1. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo the Patriot View Post
    This may sound like a pretty dumb question because I am rather computer illiterate:

Is there an easy way to avoid ovewriting a RTW.exe installation with this BI installation, so that I could switch back and forth between with relativ ease? I have had some nasty luck trying this with 1.1 and a 1.0 installation: I tried to copy the data folder, so I would have one for both so that I could switch back and forth, but after I installed my 1.0 saves ended up being invalid using either data folder. I'm just hoping to keep 1.1 RTW.exe saves that I can go back to, alongside a BI installation of 1.1. Thanks for any help.
    your RTW exe will still be there and you can switch back and forth during the same campaign.
    back in 1.0 i had a persistent crash on RTW exe and switching to BI exe actually helped me bypass this point. from then on i always make sure i have both, RTW and BI exes.

For those using Windows Vista, I just thought of another solution to problems using my installer. I could be due to the simple fact that you installed RTW to the "Program Files" directory. This sets off the security "features" of windows vista. I suggest following the recommendation of th EB team and installing to something like C:\Games\Rome Total War\ or C:\Rome Total War. Another solution would be to avoid using Windows Vista altogether if you have the patience of reinstalling Windows XP. I personally recommend windows XP 64-bit if your processor has 64 bit extensions. Vista cocks up a lot of games; only use it if a game explicitly needs directX 10.
    Currently playing as:

Thanks for the balloons!

another, more simple, option for using Vista is to just disable UAC...it will save you alot of annoyance
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm having trouble with Ferromancer's installer for EB1.1. The game loads to the menu screen but I can't start a campaign. It gives me a message saying "please choose an item from the list" when I click to go to the faction choosing screen.

Here is everything I've done, most likely I'm missing a step....

I started with a fresh install of vanilla rome, then installed BI, then EB, and then Ferromancers installer for BI. Then I tried playing and it gave me the above error. I haven't started a campaign with RomeTW.exe and have no save games, but the custom battles work with BI. What I'm I doing wrong?

PS: I also noticed at the loading screen after the opening cinematic that it always gives me the same historical quote about the caledonians saying they are the last free people in the world every time I run the game. Anyone else notice this?

EDIT:This might be similar to gosam's problem from the second post on this thread, but since it's an updated version from the one he refers to, it might not be.
    Last edited by Outlaw Ralph; 10-15-2008 at 09:47.

So this will work with 1.0?

Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Ralph View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and I'm having trouble with Ferromancer's installer for EB1.1. The game loads to the menu screen but I can't start a campaign. It gives me a message saying "please choose an item from the list" when I click to go to the faction choosing screen.

Here is everything I've done, most likely I'm missing a step....

I started with a fresh install of vanilla rome, then installed BI, then EB, and then Ferromancers installer for BI. Then I tried playing and it gave me the above error. I haven't started a campaign with RomeTW.exe and have no save games, but the custom battles work with BI. What I'm I doing wrong?

PS: I also noticed at the loading screen after the opening cinematic that it always gives me the same historical quote about the caledonians saying they are the last free people in the world every time I run the game. Anyone else notice this?

EDIT:This might be similar to gosam's problem from the second post on this thread, but since it's an updated version from the one he refers to, it might not be.
    you installed it to the wrong directory...
    Those who would give up essential liberties for a perceived sense of security deserve neither liberty nor security--Benjamin Franklin

Well hopefully you guys can help me with this. I'm using Ferromancer's mod plus Force Diplomacy and I don't know whether this is just a save that got corrupted or a fixable problem. I installed everything properly and all was going well but now whenever I try to load this particular save it gets to the end and CTDs. A shame really but thankfully I have a previous save that is not too far back but if anyone wants to check it out, here it is.
    Save link: http://www.axifile.com/?2280444
    I am playing as Romani.
    Balloons:
    From gamegeek2 for my awesome AI expansion -
    From machinor for 'splainin -

@mcantu

I don't think it's the wrong directory...

I installed rome, eb, and bi to
    Code:
    C:\Users\Ralph\Games\Rome - Total War
    I made a backup of this folder then installed the installer for EB with BI to the original folder. Is this the wrong directory or is there some other problem? I'm using Vista btw.

I'm confused about install order on this.

In which order do I install Barbarian Invasion, Patch 1.6, EB, and the EB/BI patch?

Mostly wondering if I need 1.6 at all.

yes you need 1.6...

Can you install Darth Mod on top?
    One balloon for not being Roman

yes. or any of the other formation mods as well...

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    you installed it to the wrong directory...
    I'm having the same problem as Ralph, can you clarify what you mean here? I installed R:TW, installed BI, and installed the 1.6 patch. I then installed EB to the base Rome Total War directory and then installed this to that same directory. Was I supposed to install either EB or this to the BI directory instead?

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I'm having the same problem as Ralph, can you clarify what you mean here? I installed R:TW, installed BI, and installed the 1.6 patch. I then installed EB to the base Rome Total War directory and then installed this to that same directory. Was I supposed to install either EB or this to the BI directory instead?
    Anyone?

Member Member Quirinus Kuhlmann's Avatar

I had the same problems with this installer a few month ago. I then followed the advises in this old thread after installing Ferromancers mod: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...3&postcount=85
    If I remember it well, I did not have to create a shortcut, because the installer did that, but I renamed the files and since then it worked.

Does this installer work with EB1.2?
    One balloon for not being Roman

I reinstalled 1.1, used the installer, then 1.2 over that and it works perfectly. (I only had to reinstall due to all my minimods, if you have none you should be good just installing 1.2 over EB 1.1-BI).

Not everything works. The shield wall and swim abilities are not working if you just install 1.2 over 1.1

That being said, the no banners, night battles, and BI AI are all working.

White Panther (Legalize Weed!) Member AlexanderSextus's Avatar

Good day everyone,

I tried installing your mod after I did a fresh install off EB on top of BI but when I get ingame and try to click 'Main Campaign' it gives me 'Please select an option from the list below' and I can only chose 'Historical battle' or 'custom battle'.

Then when I close EB it gives me an error message saying: "Script error in eb/data/world/maps/barbarian_invasion/descr.strat.txt at line 31, column 1." "Expected start date of campaign or battle"

Any idea on what I did wrong exactly?

Cheers
    Same thing happened to me... I installed to: "C:\Program Files\The Creative Assembly\Rome: Total War"
    Do you hate Drug Cartels? Do You believe that the Drug War is basically a failure? Do you think that if we Legalized the Cannabis market, that use rates would drop, we could put age limits on cannabis, tax it, and other wise regulate it? Join The ORG Marijuana Policy Project!

In American politics, similar to British politics, we have a choice between being shot in our left testicle or the right testicle. Both parties advocate pissing on the little guys, only in different ways and to a different little guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish View Post
    Not everything works. The shield wall and swim abilities are not working if you just install 1.2 over 1.1

That being said, the no banners, night battles, and BI AI are all working.
    I tried it the other way: install 1.1, then 1.2, then EB for BI. Several 1.2 fixes seem to be downgraded or even broken by EB (1.1) for BI, most notably the client ruler changes. Pre-scripted client rulers with generalized unit types still spawn when you build an allied government, as in 1.1, but they don't have the Client Ruler trait. On the other hand, you can recruit new generals with local unit types as in 1.2, but they don't get the Recruited General trait.

So it seems to me that the EB for BI installer needs to be updated for 1.2. Until then, I'll happily give up BI unit abilities (in my own opinion they're unbalancing anyway) in order to be sure I have all the EB 1.2 enhancements.

White Panther (Legalize Weed!) Member AlexanderSextus's Avatar

Okay, i disabled night battles so now i get past the "select an item from the list box" but now, when i click a faction and click Start campaign, I get a CTD. No error message.
    Do you hate Drug Cartels? Do You believe that the Drug War is basically a failure? Do you think that if we Legalized the Cannabis market, that use rates would drop, we could put age limits on cannabis, tax it, and other wise regulate it? Join The ORG Marijuana Policy Project!

In American politics, similar to British politics, we have a choice between being shot in our left testicle or the right testicle. Both parties advocate pissing on the little guys, only in different ways and to a different little guy.

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AlexanderSextus View Post
    Okay, i disabled night battles so now i get past the "select an item from the list box" but now, when i click a faction and click Start campaign, I get a CTD. No error message.
    I got that too. It seems to be a compatibility issue IMO.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

until a 1.2 version is made, just select the option to install EB for BI...do not select any of the other options. i did this while beta-testing 1.2 and it works

master of the wierd people Member Ibrahim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mcantu View Post
    until a 1.2 version is made, just select the option to install EB for BI...do not select any of the other options. i did this while beta-testing 1.2 and it works
    that is in fact the case with me. It still CTD's. god knows why-again compatability is the prime suspect.
    I was once alive, but then a girl came and took out my ticker.

my 4 year old modding project--nearing completion: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=219506 (if you wanna help, join me).

tired of ridiculous trouble with walking animations? then you need my brand newmotion capture for the common man!

"We have proven, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that if we put the belonging to, in the I don't know what, all gas lines will explode " -alBernameg

You sure you don't have any conflicting minimods are anything like that?

Is anyone working on the 1.2 version, out of curiosity? This mod was very good for 1.1 and it'd be even better for 1.2.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast