Thread: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Re: New installer for Europa Barbarorum with Barbarian Invasion

I have installed 1.1.0.3 from the above link, and am getting the "please select an item from the list" error when I click on EB Main Campaign.

Additionally, when I exit the game, I get an error box in Windows saying that there's an error on line 31 column 1 of eb\data\world\maps\campaign\barabarian_invasion\descr_strat.txt

It says that it expected the start date there. If I move the start date up to that line and push the empty "unlockable" and "unplayable" sections down as necessary, then it tells me that the seleucids are not defined in the playable/unplayable/unlockable headers (error then occurs at line 1620, if it matters).

I also tried uninstalling, then reinstalling from the link on your website, in case it was different (it doesn't seem to be)--same problem.

I also tried reinstalling RTW->BI->EB1.0 from scratch... no good. It was a clean install before, anyway, so it should have been OK, but a reinstall didn't fix it.

Also, custom battles seem to be missing most or all faction-specific units. Merc and most or all regional units are there, though. Weird.

UPDATE:

OK, EB on 1.5 does work, though the custom battles are still missing all faction-specific troops (legionnaires of all sorts for Rome, most of the heavier troops for the Seleucids, etc.) *except* for the general's unit. This seems to be an EB problem in general, and not specific to EB for BI, so I'll look for help on that part elsewhere.

That leaves the inability to start new games with EB for BI, which remains. I have also discovered that I cannot continue games started in 1.5 from BI; it acts like it's loading, then dumps me back to the menu with no error message.
    Last edited by fallingcow; 12-19-2007 at 07:21.