Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Bugs and Patch Changes v1.5

Default Re: RTW Bugs

I can't believe sth like that is connected in any way with your popularity with the people. It's possible that it's not a bug in the usual sense. Perhaps the amount of denarii only goes up to (2^23)/2 which allows values from -(2^23) to (2^23) - 1. That's about -4.2 to 4.2 millions. So perhaps when you go over that value your money is set NEW_MONEY=MONEY mod CONST, where CONST = (2^23) - 1.
    If you had (eg) 4.19 millions and then you gained 170,000, it would reset your treasury to 160,000...

Anyway, just a thought... If it happens again at the same amount of money, you can be fairly sure it's probably it.

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Quote Originally Posted by Aradan
    I can't believe sth like that is connected in any way with your popularity with the people. It's possible that it's not a bug in the usual sense. Perhaps the amount of denarii only goes up to (2^23)/2 which allows values from -(2^23) to (2^23) - 1. That's about -4.2 to 4.2 millions. So perhaps when you go over that value your money is set NEW_MONEY=MONEY mod CONST, where CONST = (2^23) - 1.
    If you had (eg) 4.19 millions and then you gained 170,000, it would reset your treasury to 160,000...

Anyway, just a thought... If it happens again at the same amount of money, you can be fairly sure it's probably it.
    not in the same 10 shield poularity with people situation?
    In all warfare,speed is the key!

It seems very improbable to me, despite any flaws in the game's code, that sth *that* irrelevant can have *such* an effect on your money. A quick way to test that is by cheatcodes. Save your game and then add via the console command enough gold, so that you have 4,194,000 (it's very close to 2^22). See if everythging goes well until then. If yes, try to add 1,000 more denarii. If your treasury drops to about 700 denarii, congrats, you've found another RTW bug! You win a used laundry machine!!

Norman Invasion - The fate of England lies in your hands...

Viking Invasion II - Unite Britain in the best TW campaign ever!

Gods and Fighting Men: Total War - Enter the Mists of Myth in Ancient Ireland

Post Re: RTW Bugs

Hi guineawolf,
    May I suggest that you attempt re-creating this bug with R:TW 1.5. It may have, possibly, been fixed by the CA's coders somewhere between 1.1 (the old version) and 1.5 (the latest version) of R:TW. Hope this helps, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Chillin with my unit of clibanarii immortals

Default Re: Better faction

gah double post!
    Anyone know how to delete posts? Laggy Internets.
    Last edited by Afkazar; 05-22-2007 at 17:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    Hi guineawolf,
    May I suggest that you attempt re-creating this bug with R:TW 1.5. It may have, possibly, been fixed by the CA's coders somewhere between 1.1 (the old version) and 1.5 (the latest version) of R:TW. Hope this helps, cheers!
    perhaps,but after spent a lot of time on 1.1,and compare with the bugs still exist at 1.5 post at 1.5 version bugs,i rather play with 1.1 then.......

thanks...

Post Re: RTW Bugs

I do understand what you mean gunieawolf, however, although you may enjoy 1.1, may I suggest that you upgrade to 1.2 to get the closest to 1.5, yet less buggy, version. 1.2 is the next patch on, and includes extensive statistic re-balancing and many other things that change your game-play experience - often for the better. Although it is not bug free and is still not perfect, it is an improvement over 1.1 containing fewer small glitches. The great 1.2 patch can be found here. Hope this helps you, cheers!
    Dawn is nature's way of telling you to go back to bed

Quote Originally Posted by Omanes Alexandrapolites
    I do understand what you mean gunieawolf, however, although you may enjoy 1.1, may I suggest that you upgrade to 1.2 to get the closest to 1.5, yet less buggy, version. 1.2 is the next patch on, and includes extensive statistic re-balancing and many other things that change your game-play experience - often for the better. Although it is not bug free and is still not perfect, it is an improvement over 1.1 containing fewer small glitches. The great 1.2 patch can be found here. Hope this helps you, cheers!
    but some post have point out that 1.2 AI are stupid than 1.1,but i oredi think of experiencing those patch for myself after i finish my current campiagn,still have to try all faction yet so i can compare them at 1.2 or 1.5.

then i will post up all my saved game(1 turn before capture Rome after conquered the whole map),coz i think some people here will need it to do research,where should i post them?.....hope those will help... thanks for the link to 1.2 version patch,coz i can't find them at official totalwar.net site.....
    Last edited by guineawolf; 05-25-2007 at 10:46.

RTW Gold Edition Fault/issue...

My son bought himself RTM Gold Edition and we haven't been able to play it yet

The game installs fine, loads up fine, the menu screens all operate fine, but when you click to start your game (single player mode) and the first Senate instruction scroll drops down on the screen, the game freezes... You can Ctrl+Esc back to your desktop, but if you click back onto the game on the task-bar it locks the computer up completely & the only way of resolving the issue is to hit 'reset' (which I really don't like doing TBH!) Whilst on the desktop, you can 'bin' the game using 'Task Manager'

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Okay, i dont know if this has been mentioned, as i cant really be bothered reading through 18 pages, but her goes.

Been playing an RTW 1.5 campaign as the Armenians, and i've been in a lengthy war with egypt.
    When besieging antioch i decided to attack the largely undefended city, no men on the walls. I sent a siege tower at it, with Cilician Pirates manning the tower. It reached the walls no problem, but then it took about 12 minutes for the door to drop and for them to reach onto the walls. By this point, i'd already gotten my HA's in through a side gate by attacking the relief force.

My point being, why the hell would it take so long to fill the tower? Is it something to do with the horde shape of the unit (opposed to rank and file), or just an odd bug?
    If there's been more men in defence i couldve been in trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cloggsy
    RTW Gold Edition Fault/issue...

My son bought himself RTM Gold Edition and we haven't been able to play it yet

The game installs fine, loads up fine, the menu screens all operate fine, but when you click to start your game (single player mode) and the first Senate instruction scroll drops down on the screen, the game freezes... You can Ctrl+Esc back to your desktop, but if you click back onto the game on the task-bar it locks the computer up completely & the only way of resolving the issue is to hit 'reset' (which I really don't like doing TBH!) Whilst on the desktop, you can 'bin' the game using 'Task Manager'

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
    Hello,

Try installing your copy again, if that doesnt work, then ask for a repleace.
    By the way, did you try to upgrade your video drivers?

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Village special needs person Member Kobal2fr's Avatar

@Fate : from the "RTW 1.5 Bugs and Patch Changes" topic, very first post :

5. There have been quite a few reports of problems with siege towers, particularly the larger ones. Typically, men will mill about running in and out and can't be commanded. Eventually, they move up the tower. Sometimes they bypass the tower and end up on the wall before the ramp opens, this can cause a CTD. (MAt, and others.)
    Anything wrong ? Blame it on me. I'm the French.

Quote Originally Posted by Garcilaso de la Vega el Inca
    By the way, did you try to upgrade your video drivers?
    No, 'fraid not

Witch Smeller Persuivant Member Fate's Avatar

Kobal2fr, thanks, i didnt get round to reading it, too many stickies, too many threads overall, jsut thought id bring this to people's attention, but it seems that isnt neccessary!
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug For A Butt
    Hmm... if the AI was programmed to emulate the most stupid Generals in history, that would explain a lot.

"Oh, what sad times are these when passing ruffians can say "Ni" at will to old ladies. There is a pestilence upon this land! Nothing is sacred. Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under considerable economic stress at this point in time."

Sarmobriva the Black Hole. I'm playing a Julii campaign and recently took Sarmobriva witha full stack. Now I tried to move 1/2 the stack outta there to make room for the peasant garrison, but they vanished int thin air afterwards. Now I've moved 2 peasants into there and there's stilll a 1/2 stack including 2 generals in there but I can't move anyone and there's no flag above the city indicating that it's occupied. What the hell? Has this happened to you here or in another terrritory?

IceWolf
    "They shall know the power of thy sword" ManoWar

Arrogant Ashigaru Moderator Ludens's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Lightbulb Re: RTW Bugs

Does the city display the out-of-sight "fog"? I've seen this happen to cities that had been recently conquered. Reloading the game always helped. Mind you, I don't recall seeing it since I installed the 1.5 patch.
    Looking for a good read? Visit the Library!

Killed Lucco who was Gaulish in Osca, cut screen showed Blue clothing on a green coloured horse.

Family members becoming Pontifex Maximus before other offices.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

Thumbs down Memory Leak confirmed at 2G RAM

Memory Leak confirmed at 2G RAM.

It only happens later, much later. My RTW has been on for like 3 days and I finally got the deadly lag and quit. Here is what Task Manager has to say:

At lower RAM amounts it hits much faster, such as in a few hours.

Posting this for posterity. It's been long since I gave up hope on CA; didn't and won't buy Empire or any other future products.

Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; 07-06-2009 at 11:55.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678