Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Bugs and Patch Changes v1.6 (BI)

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Default Re: BI Bugs (read first post before posting)

Quote Originally Posted by abrarey
    I noticed playing as a ERE that theres only one province that can make a port in the red sea this is the city of Petra. Theres no reason to make a port over there, you can´t have any trade with someone.

I think theres a fewer province than vanilla.

AB
    Oh yes, forgot about that one... It doesn't serve any purpose other than hunting the pirates that does not impact you at all. Makes no sense to have it.

Will put it on the front.
    And yes there are fewer provinces.

manbaps, none of these bugs are serious. They are for the most part just small mistakes. I do agree that the return ofcertain bugs is not good, but it is hardly debilitating.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Quadruple post...???
    Last edited by Kraxis; 10-10-2005 at 17:08.

Quadruple post...???
    Last edited by Kraxis; 10-10-2005 at 17:08.

Last edited by Kraxis; 10-10-2005 at 17:07.

ARGH!!!

If you use up all your ammo for ornagers or any other siege engine for knocking over walls, we all know said battle will end in a loss. Makes sense since you can't get inside anymore.
    But just in case your very last boulder or bolt destroys the last piece of wall (and you get that little ingame movie), then you get a loss as well.

Apparently the game figures the loss from when the missile leaves the weapon and not when it lands.

Man of the Hour characters always start with a loyalty of zero.

[fixed by bug fixer 2.0]
    Last edited by Sleepy; 10-12-2005 at 12:04.

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    Quadruple post...???
    Man, you´re on a real postring spree, aren´t you Kraxis, he he!

Quote Originally Posted by PseRamesses
    Man, you´re on a real postring spree, aren´t you Kraxis, he he!
    There was a slight screwover of the forum at the point... But I did get a bit frustrated.

A bug?

Count Member Refnulf von Holland's Avatar

Graphics and looks:

Saxons:
    Chosen warlord ............lod3.cas file is damaged
    Chosen Warlord texture .......does not have texture on arms

Chosen axemen ... .cas fille issues with weapion placement on lod1,lod2, and lod3

Keel spearmen .... sheild has a object that appears along the bottom of the shield and it is not a bad alphf channel.

Romans West
    praeventors ..........have no arms

imperial german body ... lod3.cas issue also texture issue with both weapions sword and spear.

Sassanids
    immortals bodyguard........no texture on mace

Celts
    gallowglass ...don't have a double handed animation

celtic chariot ...........has blue british flag on it

Campaign Battle Map issues

lesser generals not activated in the game

wrong general models on the sm for most factions except romans and huns

barbarians only use saxon generals for all factions when there is a frankish gerneral and celt general.

berber model on sm is missing texture for his sword

Reiks

Quote Originally Posted by Refnulf von Holland
    Could you explain a little more? I found no problem, but then again the Saxons have a normal Warlord rather than Chosen.

Chosen axemen ... .cas fille issues with weapion placement on lod1,lod2, and lod3
    Found nothing on them...

Keel spearmen .... sheild has a object that appears along the bottom of the shield and it is not a bad alphf channel.
    Praeventors ..........have no arms
    Agreed... The Paeventores have their right forearm moved back a bit. Knew about the Gallows but it never seemed important, but will post it anyway.

imperial german body ... lod3.cas issue also texture issue with both weapions sword and spear.
    Already noted.

barbarians only use saxon generals for all factions when there is a frankish gerneral and celt general.

Reiks
    Interesting... Could you tell us more about this? What happens and so on. Lesser generals? What are they andso on for istance.

Bug Hunter Senior Member player1's Avatar

By the way, chaning skeleton for Gallowglasses won't fix the problem, since hilt of their swords is too small to look well with that skeleton.
    BUG-FIXER, an unofficial patch for both Rome: Total War and its expansion pack

Quote Originally Posted by player1
    By the way, chaning skeleton for Gallowglasses won't fix the problem, since hilt of their swords is too small to look well with that skeleton.
    Yes, but that is not our problem (well actually it is), it is our job to point out that it doesn't fit.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Refnulf von Holland
    Could you explain a little more? I found no problem, but then again the Saxons have a normal Warlord rather than Chosen.

Right it is the warlord model, not sure if you know how .cas models work but none the less I will explian. A .cas file will load at a certian distance there are 4 .cas files then the sprites will load as the camera is zoomed out. With the warlord if you zoom out he will dissapear when .cas 3 loads and then reappear when .cas 4 loads. When I saw this I used 3dmax to open the .cas 3 file and discover that it is damaged.

Quote:
    Found nothing on them...

Chosen axemen the axe is misplace in the .cas files if you zoom out just a litte you will notice that the axe jumps into a high grip..after looking at the .cas files lod2.cas, lod3.cas, and load4.cas the axe is mis placed

Immoral bodyguard- when the unit fights in meele the mace they fight with has no texture it is black with the texture of the bow on it. If you open up the the .dds file with photo shop you will notice there is no texture for a mace.

Quote:
    Praeventors ..........have no arms
    Agreed... The Paeventores have their right forearm moved back a bit. Knew about the Gallows but it never seemed important, but will post it anyway.

Also the Keels have a .cas problem with their sheilds

Quote:
    Already noted.

Right I saw you listed the problem with the spear bt the sword texture is missplaced aswell.

Quote:

Reiks
    Interesting... Could you tell us more about this? What happens and so on. Lesser generals? What are they andso on for istance.

As far as the lesser generals go all of the moedels and textures are in the game but for some reason CA did not use them. If you noticed CA only used three differnt general models for all of the faction. Roman, Saxon, and Hun general for all the gerneral classes. What it looks like to me CA forgot to impelment the models see how the Hun general has the wrong texture, on the Campaign map goths use celtic lesser gereral as the general model which there is a skin and model but not used on the battle map. Celts use a celtic general on the campaign but a saxon general on the battle map. I was able to fix these and activate lesser generals on my own however it just looks like an oversite on CA part.

Reiks
    Last edited by Refnulf von Holland; 10-13-2005 at 18:34.

Post Re: BI Bugs (read first post before posting)

Ok, some things I've discovered whilst playing BI for some time, and also responses to what's already been posted.

Bugs

* Western Roman Empire (WRE) generals have this description in their text box on the battlefield (when you put your cursor over them):

"Imperial German Bodyguard"

* Celts can train Pictish Crossbowmen (PC) when capturing a settlement that contains either a Catapult Range or Siege Engineer, when PCs don't appear under any building / shrine etc in the Celtic building browser. Why has this unit been given a hidden recruitment option, when it could have been bolted-on to what the Celts already had? IIRC, the Celts can only train slingers and kerns as missile troops from their standard recruitment options.

* (Celtic) Slingers, when firing their weapons, make their standard sling-throwing sound. However, immediately after this sling-throwing sound, an arrow-firing sound can also be heard from the same unit. Sounds as if its a bug

Already Posted

* White unit cards: although some of you agree this a bug, I find it useful for at-a-glance use. If you deploy more than one family member on the battlefield (as I often do to make up for heavy cavalry), you can see which of your generals "have gone to meet their ancestors", and which are still slogging it out with the enemy. If the faction leader goes under, you usually get the pop-up message on screen informing you anyway.

Also, you should now receive a "Heroic Death" message (with the picture of the yellow sword) in BI once any family member has been killed on the battlefield. I also find this a useful indication as to which family members are still alive and active - deceased generals bodyguards' will usually be sent first in the next cavalry skirmish

Irritating Problem

* Many infantry / archer units in both RTW and RTW: BI don't have the 'can_sap' attribute. In RTW I went into the descr_unit text file and gave it to them all (apart from cavalry units). I just find this laziness by the developers tbh - any infantry / missile (i.e. unmounted) unit that has hands should be able to dig a sapping point after all. Especially peasants - this is the main reason I recruit peasants in the first place, so that they can be sacrificed in sieges!

Currently developing Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla Rome: Total War v1.5

Features: improved battles, new units to recruit, more buildings to construct, a modified campaign map, and much more!
    RTG Main Topic
    , Click here to download RTG v1.0

One of the reasons for not using them could be that most barbarian ledears use that cool looking saxon model for battle maps, so for consistency sake, same model should be used at faction map.

Anyway, I think, countary to original RTW, that developers were really low on art staff/resources when making BI.
    I don't remember a single unfinished/bugged texture/model in original RTW. Exempt wrongly colored spanish general.

But in BI, there are way too much.

I wonder will future patch(es) fix some of these problems, since usually just coders are those that work on patch maintaince, not artists.

Quote Originally Posted by player1
    One of the reasons for not using them could be that most barbarian ledears use that cool looking saxon model for battle maps, so for consistency sake, same model should be used at faction map.

Anyway, I think, countary to original RTW, that developers were really low on art staff/resources when making BI.
    I don't remember a single unfinished/bugged texture/model in original RTW. Exempt wrongly colored spanish general.

But in BI, there are way too much.

I wonder will future patch(es) fix some of these problems, since usually just coders are those that work on patch maintaince, not artists.
    I agree with you player1 but the problem with sm model vs battle models there is no consistency. Consistency would be the sm_model matches the battle model like in RTW. Here is a picture on how they should look on the sm.

Reiks
    Last edited by Refnulf von Holland; 10-13-2005 at 21:18.

Right I saw you listed the problem with the spear bt the sword texture is missplaced aswell.
    Actually it is mentioned as 'weapons'...

But in any case I have added your points. Hopefully in the correct manner as I'm nore certain what you meant in all cases.

SA, they are German because they are Germans in service of the Empire. I thought the description mentioned that much.
    Added the two Celtic issues.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

For what it's worth, the memory leak is a rule with no exception for me. Happens in each RTW and BI session:

Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Post Re: BI Bugs (read first post before posting)

No traitincrease for Assassins. Well there is for normal murdering, but there is only decreases for sabotage. You can get a decrease for failed sabotage but apparently not an increase.
    Also, assassins in BI don't get an increase in retinue members for succesful murders. This severely hampers their ability to murder important targets, such as enemy family members. In RTW, they received ancillaries such as 'Skilled Courtesan', 'Catamite' etc.

Also, I haven't noticed so far the other two agents (Spy and Diplomat) receiving new retinue members, such as 'Pet Monkey', 'Foreign Hostage', 'Linguist', 'Dancer', 'Courtesan'. These are the kind of ancillaries they gained in RTW after completing various missions.

Looks as though all agents are bugged from receiving new retinue members.
    Last edited by Seasoned Alcoholic; 10-13-2005 at 23:12.

Currently developing Rome: Total Gameplay (RTG), an unofficial mod for vanilla Rome: Total War v1.5

Features: improved battles, new units to recruit, more buildings to construct, a modified campaign map, and much more!
    RTG Main Topic
    , Click here to download RTG v1.0

Actually I have recieved a few ancilliaries for my asassins (or spies, can't remember), but it does look like there is a major limitation on them now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seasoned Alcoholic
    Also, I haven't noticed so far the other two agents (Spy and Diplomat) receiving new retinue members, such as 'Pet Monkey', 'Foreign Hostage', 'Linguist', 'Dancer', 'Courtesan'. These are the kind of ancillaries they gained in RTW after completing various missions.

Looks as though all agents are bugged from receiving new retinue members.
    I haven't seen ancillaries for my spies or assassins, but one of my Diplomats managed to get a foreign hostage. Granted, this is the only time I've seen an agent get any kind of retinue during a completed Saxon, Sarmatian and ongoing WRE game... (it was the during the WRE game the foreign hostage popped up)

Cellular Microbiologist Member SpencerH's Avatar

The total list so far, so read it before posting.

Fighting ghosts. It appears that sometimes units can end up fighting nothing after killing an enemy unit. confirmation?(CBR)
    I've seen it too. A unit with no enemy nearby but continues to show the 'in combat' sign.

Archer units are able to 'phase through' walls when moving from atop walls to ground with left click on the ground i.e. once moved to ground the unit is positioned through (perpedicular to) the wall. This can be avoided though by using the right click to give orders for new unit position.

Units that are able to swim will swim in preference to using a bridge. This one may not be a true bug but it's a real 'must fix' IMO.

EDIT: Just had another beautiful example of the no-bridge for saxon archers. Rather than defend the bridge, a significant Goth army decided to sit back on the map edge (brilliant strategy there). After marching the rest of my army across the bridge, I spent 10 minutes trying to line up my archers 'just right' (remember that was sometimes needed with fords) so that they might cross the bridge - but no luck. Eventually I let them swim and take the hit to their energy levels (then wasted more time allowing them to recover to 'fresh').
    Last edited by SpencerH; 10-18-2005 at 14:06.
    E Tenebris Lux
    Just one old soldiers opinion.
    We need MP games without the oversimplifications required for 'good' AI.

Anybody noticed that goths and huns can't build ports?

Probaby not the bug, since port requrements in data files are written in such way that's good chance it's the way they wanted.

Still weird I must say.

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Well neither the Hun culture, nor the Nomads can build ports, aside from those Nomad factions listed: roxolani, slavs, sarmatians, vandals

Like you suggest, if they wanted all those of Nomad culture to build boats, surely they'd have just added: 'Nomad' to the building requirments instead of just some of them.

Seems CA want the Huns and Goths (and Ostro-Goths) to stay land locked and hording as much as possible. I don't think I'd want the Huns to start transporting their armies across the seas just to be sunk by pirates. But yet if they acquire a port built by someone else they can still build boats. Ho hum.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

I had a problem with a seige. I had besieged a pop center and the AI sallied forth. During the battle I managed to rout most of his army and I ran into his pop center through his open gates. The game reported via subtitle and voice that my walls had been taken by the enemy, when actually it was the AI's pop center so it should have reported that I had taken the walls.

Cheers
    Starkhorn
    Let your manhood be seen by the push of your pike:- Owen Roe O'Neill at the Battle of Benburb 1646

Enforcer of Exonyms Member Barbarossa82's Avatar
    Englaland (and don't let the Normans tell you any different!)

Senate offices no longer notified
    In RTW 1.3, while playing as the Romans, no notification is received of election to senate offices, even though characters within the faction have received such offices.

Roman faction diplomacy messed up
    Declaring war as one of the Roman factions in 1.3 now seems to result in the other Roman factions breaking their alliances with you, rather than rushing to your aid. This seems to be the case even if your hostile action was in fulfilment of a Senate mission - the Senate will then break alliance with you if it's not already at war with the faction in question!
    Self-proclaimed winner of the "Member who Looks Most Like their Avatar" contest 2007

My Armenian AAR

SUPER BUG

When AI siege a city with 2 (or more) armys, only one has siege equipment..... The others go join the main army next to our walls (getting a lot of losses because towers)!

This is a major bug and turns off the advantage of more soldiers that AI have! All armys should get siege engines before attack!
    Falas Português? Então participa no PorT Fórum de M2TW!!

Senior member Senior Member Dutch_guy's Avatar

Was the second army besieging the city or was it just in hte red zone?

I had that once ( wooden walls, no ultra high casualties ) and thta was because one army couldn't reach the city and thus couldn't build any siege equipment, however they were in the red zone and thus participated in the battle, without the equipment - which the other enemy army had.

I'm an athiest. I get offended everytime I see a cold, empty room. - MRD

Humanist Senior Member A.Saturnus's Avatar

I don´t know whether this is intentional but for the Franks, the Great King´s stables can only produce Paladin Bodyguard and not Paladins, while these are distinct units in custom battles.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast