Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bugs and Patch Changes v1.6 (BI)

Magister Vitae Senior Member Kraxis's Avatar

Default BI Bugs (read first post before posting)

The total list so far, so read it before posting.

THE BIGGEST ISSUES!!!!
    Both RTW and BI suffers from huge memoryleaks. Many players complain that the game sucks up huge amounts of memory the longer they play. Eventually the game becomes unplayable, also it seems to affect the AI...
    AI doesn't count in towers in assaults. Reinforcements from allied armies that are marching to get up siege towers or ladders will march close to the walls getting decimated, sometimes even destroyed before getting there. (CBR)
    Infantry acting like cavalry. Captains in control of infantry will act like cavalry and recharge when the battle isn't going their way. Needless to say that this just makes it even less likely for them to win.
    When a unit of infantry is controlled by a captain it will act like cavalry and withdraw from combat to recharge. That can be disruptive for the enemy forces.
    Units with FAW off don't use ranged weapons. Exception is siege equipment. Legionaries are most visible affected by this. In the case of Plumbatarii there is little point for the AI to use said unit.
    AI doesn't restructure settlements. The local religion will stay put, even if it is problematic.
    CTDs! They are apparently frequent to a significant number of players. Often centered on taking cities. A specific case seems to be the Saxons taking the British cities, perhaps connected with the Romano-British and their appearance.

Graphics and looks:
    Scholae Palatinae has a graphical or model glitch. They only move half their head... It is rather ugly, and very obvious.
    Celtic Wardogs wrong colour. Black should be white. (player1)
    Officers and captains don't always have weapons. It looks rather silly when they try to beat up an enemy with their fists. Brave men.
    Pictish Crossbowmen have weird attack animation. They have bowmen stance when using crossbow. (player1)
    Graphical bug with Imperial German Bodyguards, their weapons are shown with black boxes around the edges. ([DnC])
    Golden Band model is not correct, they are shown with two weapons (like the Arcani) yet only sport a single sword in battle. (King Ragnar)
    Gallowglasses lack twohanded style. Despitethe destriction and their cards they don't have a twohanded style in battle. (Refnulf von Holland)
    Praeventores, odd arm? The right forearm is off center, moved back a bit. Looks ugly, just likethe Scholae Palatinae. (Refnulf von Holland)
    Scotti Chariots, British? The Celtic chariots carry a Briton flag on their rear. Shouldn't it be Celtic? (Refnulf von Holland)
    Saxon Keels carry a bar. While they might be drunken men, they shouldn't be carrying a small thin bar around below their shields. Obvious texture failure. (Refnulf von Holland)
    This is a problem for other roundshielded spearmen too.
    Textureproblem with Clibanarii Immortal maces. There is no texture for them. They work fine enough in black though. (Refnulf von Holland)
    Warlord model. The lod3.cas files doesn't work it seems. (Refnulf von Holland)
    Chosen Axemen. The axe jumps into a high grip when using .cas files. The axe is misplaced. (Refnulf von Holland)
    Romano-British Legionaries, losing a leg? They lack the usual two leg style that most humans have. Obvious problem.
    Frankish Paladin Bodyguard. Holy Paladin Texture/model problem the unit is missing texture on body, you can see inside the model. The missing texture/mess is under the right arm, very noticable in combat. (Refnulf von Holland)
    Warlord model appears to have a texture problem on both arms, black box around the sleeves near the wrist. The same models that has a damaged lod3.cas file. The problem appears on all factions that use this model. (Refnulf von Holland)
    Lesser generals not being used in the expansion. Looks like they made models/textures but did not add them. (Refnulf von Holland)
    Generals on the battle map do not correspond with the general models on the strategy map for some factions as they do in RTW vanilla. (example) Saxons use the saxon general on the battle map, however they use a differnt model on the strategy map that does not correspond. It should be saxon general on battle map and saxon general on strategy map (campaign map). List of factions that have the problem saxons, vandals, celts, goths, franks, lombards, rebels, and bergundi - maybe others. (Refnulf von Holland)
    Hunnic generals and captains. There seems to be some messed up textures as their great blades look decidedly odd and their shields look like they are coated with some kind of bodyarmour.
    Roxolani Horde Chosen Warriors, their officers are Vandals (brown).
    Saxon Sea Raiders, hole in their head? They seem to lack part of their skull. (Brutus)
    Roxolani Generals use the same skin as the Romans, just blue of course. (Seasoned Alcoholic)

Battlefield:
    Units on FAW shoot at routers, even if they are engaged by chasers. Can be very costly, and is quite demanding on attention.
    Units can charge other units in water? Not very good in case of non-swimming units, they drown. Seems to be a case of Generals mostly.
    Fighting ghosts. It appears that sometimes units can end up fighting nothing after killing an enemy unit. (CBR)
    Shield Wall not holding formation, WRE Auxulia (the ones with the nice breastplate) do a slow forward creep while in shieldwall formation, even when told to Stand Ground. This pulls them out of line and exposes their flanks. (TinCow)
    Horse archers gets stuck on the border when they can´t outflank you. They will respond if attacked but if they can´t flank you they simply go idle. (PsreRamesses)
    Celtic Slingers have odd sound. They give off the correct slingersound when they whirl and let loose, but then right after it an arrow-firing sound goes off. (Seasoned Alcoholic)
    Swimming units want to swim. Rather than taking the bridge they will swim across the river. (SpencerH)
    Druids in RTW 1.3. When the enemy has druids type unit in a RTW1.3 battle, the announcer gives the speech for "religious units inspire the enemy" from BI instead of the "Druids" blurb so the speech doesnt match the text in the bubble that appears (obviously). (gmjapan)

Strategic map:
    Alliance in tatters, well this one is not confirmed at all. And even if it is a fact then it might be a feature. But so far both cases of the two Roman empires asking each other (player asking) for maps has resulted in immediate cancellation of alliance.
    This needs some more research. CA comment on this?
    Asking for alliance results in no more talks that round. Feature or bug? Confirmation?
    Rebels can sally twice, when using autocalc that ends in a draw. (magnum)
    Throwing games sometimes don't grant conversion stated in manual. Confimration?(Viking)
    Castrum not 'visible', it continues to be the Great Hall in the city list while the Castrum is visible on the battlemap and in the browser. (Barbarossa82)
    Advisor doesn't give advises for buildings? Still works for training though. Confirmation? C-F
    Units, armies and generals can retreat despite out of Movement Points. In old RTW they couldn't and died if they were at the end of the 'road'. Can lead to impossible chases after battles.
    No traitincrease for Assassins. Well there is for normal murdering, but there is only decreases for sabotage. You can get a decrease for failed sabotage but apparently not an increase.
    Petra is the only port in the Red Sea. Makes no sense to have that port. Even less to have pirates there.
    The strategic models not used correctly. Several factions use the wrong models for their generals. And in the case of the Goths they use the lesser general for their generals. (Refnulf von Holland)
    Senate offices no longer notified. In RTW 1.3, while playing as the Romans, no notification is received of election to senate offices, even though characters within the faction have received such offices. (Barbarossa82)
    Roman internal diplomacy messed up. The Roman factions don't stay together anymore, and might even have unprovoked Civil Wars early. They act as if they are just normal factions. (Barbarossa82)
    Kotais shows only wooden stockade despite stone wall in place. (Garvanko)
    Invisible Generals. The figure of a general can apparently get 'lost' making the said general invisible on the strategic map. (dismal)
    Roxolani faction uses Roman skins. Their armies are blue Romans for all appearances. (Seasoned Alcoholic)

Sieges:
    Units still fight to the death on walls. Can be a major problem in certain cases. Either make it so they don't rout at all (so they can be moved off the wall, or make them somehow behave like other routers.
    Siege towers can become transparent, apparently only at night and through the ladders. Screenshot added later on.
    Sallies end too soon. When the enemy withdraw or are routing the battle ends. Can't chase them down properly. Not confirmed. (Viking)
    Ladder Limbo. Sometimes units with ladders can get into a sort of limbo where they simply will not raise the ladders. The same thing can happen to Ornagers (thankfully only to one at a time). If the does get raised the unit often end up falling to the ground. (Jambo and myself)
    Spy prevents capture of gateways. Apparently only applies for the AI... Thus less problematic, but still needs fixing as te AI doesn't need to be more disadvantaged. (Viking)
    Soldier die for no reason in siege towers. When the ramp falls a number of men might die for no reason, falling through the battlement. (the_inquisition)
    Problematic Walls. Constantinople: north east corner of the wall is unpassable, not broken, unpassable. (PsreRamesses)
    Saps random? Sometimes the option appears when you go to build siege equipment on large, larger and epic walls, other times they are greyed out with a 'this equipment not needed' tool tip. This happens whether you have units with the 'Can Sap' ability or not in your siege stack. Obviously, they are always unavailable when sieging wooden walls. (Zatoichi)
    Last bolt/boulder doesn't count. You will get a loss if your very last boulder is the one that knocks over a wall (and you have nothing else to take the walls with). It seems the game calculates the chances of victory when the missiles leaves the weapon instead of when it lands.
    Reversing sallies becomes odd... If one takes towers and gates when the enemy sallies it will bring pop-ups of the enemy taking them. Apparently the games doesn't recognize you. (starkhorn)
    Damaged Awesome Temples float. That's right. A completely destroyed Awesome Temple floats on the battlemap. It is ca 10 meters into the air, rubble and all.

Factions and cities:
    Romano-British can't build siege equipment or Bucellarii, so why have they got them in Custom Battle and can build level 4 siege engineers? (professorspatula and player1)
    Missing options for modded in factions. Why not have them when they have so much else that makes them so moddable. (professorspatula)
    Goths talk Greek. Yes strategos! (Barbarossa82)
    Celts and Pictish Crossbowmen. Pictish Crossbowmen can be trained at a higher level of Siege Engineer than the Celtas can build. A lack of building capability or too high requirements for the Crossbowmen? (Seasoned Alcoholic)

Traits and ancilliaries:
    "CharacterMarries" event still does not work, when used in scripts for generaing ancillaries or vices and virtues. What this means for common player is that traits such as Well Mannered Wife, or ancillaries like Evil Mother-in-Law will not apprear in game (exempt in few cases when they are preplaced at the beggining of campaign). (player1)
    The new personality VnV system added in BI is not really working (the "hidden" traits Guardian, Idealist, Rational, Artisan). They apparently only work at coming of age while their active points are meant to work during the whole life. (player1)
    Trouble with the siegeline traits. Apparently the traits don't count wooden or no walls in autocalc, thus the AI characters suffers limitation in their commandability in sieges. (player1)
    Emperors revolting? Their lack of Loyalty can cause an Emperor to go rebel. That can't be right. (starkhorn)
    Load of issues, at page 5 player1 has presented a lot of the fixes in his BUG-fixer. They are worth noticing.
    Bug with 'Eagletaker' line? The traits mentions 100% chance of getting it, but people are reporting that this is far from the case, only a third or less recieve it.

General/other:
    Gratianus Flavius of the WRE starts with a unit of archers, should of course be Imperial German Bodyguards.
    "Upgrade bodyguard" building function in v1.3 imperial campaign still doesn't work for others than Romans. They still have to wait for Marius. (player1)
    Something wrong with reinforcement selection. It seems that the reinfrocements are not so easily selected to be controlled or not. Often turning the selection off does nothing. Perhaps we have a selection where we haev no choice really (meant as a feature)?
    Ermanaric, Leader or Diplomat? The Goth Faction Leader has the Diplomat ancilliary Translator. It works well enough (he is given the +2 Influence bonus), but he shouldn't really have it, or what?
    Last edited by Kraxis; 11-08-2005 at 13:50.
    You may not care about war, but war cares about you!

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

Default Re: BI Bugs

Siege equipment burning up within a few shots of flaming arrows. Noticed that a few times in RTW, but never paid much attention to it. But now it happened again when the Huns attacked a city. I had no archers and the towers only hit with 2-3 arrows before the ram went up in flames. Is there a chance that the equipment might get destroyed right away that rises with each subsequent hit?
    Rams in RTW have always gone into flames real easily against a stonewall. As for the towers, it seems gatehouse has a better chance at destroying towers. As for towers in general it appears theres a small chance that each time they get hit they may go into flames. I've had an abandonded tower sitting in front of a wall tower and got close to the town square until it finally ignited. So it's all a matter of luck, sometimes they go up right away and sometimes they'll last forever. This is my experience for RTW but quite likely they haven't changed much in siege warfare.
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

Default Sv: BI Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    Siege equipment burning up within a few shots of flaming arrows.
    Noticed that a few times in RTW, but never paid much attention to it. But now it happened again when the Huns attacked a city. I had no archers and the towers only hit with 2-3 arrows before the ram went up in flames. Is there a chance that the equipment might get destroyed right away that rises with each subsequent hit?
    As Oaty said, it is a matter of luck.
    That's why you bring more then one kind with you.
    And we can mod it so that they become tougher if needed.

It is just that I have never experienced anything in between the 'normal' time it takes, and those instant immolation cases. And it applies to both rams and towers.
    So if you guys have experienced equipment going up in flames after the first volley of archer fire or second, then it sounds more acceptable. But I have never been able to flame a tower or ram within three volleys at the least (only experienced instant immolation when I was the attacker).

Default Sv: Re: BI Bugs

Yeah it has happened to me in vanilla a couple of times.
    However does it happen everytime or just sometimes ??

Default Re: Sv: Re: BI Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by TB666
    Yeah it has happened to me in vanilla a couple of times.
    However does it happen everytime or just sometimes ??
    Obviously not every time, or else I would have a good deal of trouble capturing big cities.
    But it happens often enough for me to notice.

To me it just seemed that the effort needed to bring down either a ram or tower was consistent, but at times they did fall to a few individual arrows. That is very odd when you think about it.

Default Sv: Re: Sv: Re: BI Bugs

Well it sounds like the same as vanilla RTW.
    I guess if you played mods then you are not used to the weak seige equipment since most mods make them tougher.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

I have some problems with unitcards being white in campaign map. That went away after restarting the game. Now I see some blanks when I check the units that can be produced by a building as well as the building info pic is blank too.

CBR

Hmmm... Sounds like a graphical problem with the vidcard. I guess it would help if you posted your system, so they can fix it (the bug).

TB, I only played RTR 6.0 for a very short while. Otherwise I played my own modded game (you know a little tweak here and there for months will leave you with a heavily modded game), but it was only modded to the units and the buildings. I never touched the siege equipment.

Hmm... Since the Hun Horde is besieging that city to the north-west of my Empire I get a good number of siegebattles with me as the defender.
    Every time the Huns bring the same equipment and troops and each time the ram is burning within three hits.
    Last edited by Kraxis; 09-29-2005 at 02:17.

Not sure if its a bug or feature or something else I don't understand, but it has happened twice now:

Besieging a rebel city, going to starve it out. Last turn rebels sally forth and I auto-calc resulting in a draw. Rebels sally forth again immediately making two sallies in one turn.

Have tried to sally multiple times with my defenders and can't.

Haven't tried starving out a regular faction, nor have I tried fighting the battle of the initial sally on the last turn of a siege.

All I've noticed in first hour of playing.
    Magnum

Some pretty minor new bugs, I noticed the minimal UI is fixed though. Only have to hit P or Ctrl-T once to pause or change speed now. That's nice. Makes the minimal UI worth playing in now.

dictator by the people Member caesar44's Avatar

A huge bug - I still don't have BI
    "The essence of philosophy is to ask the eternal question that has no answer" (Aristotel) . "Yes !!!" (me) .

"Its time we stop worrying, and get angry you know? But not angry and pick up a gun, but angry and open our minds." (Tupac Amaru Shakur)

Units still fight to the death on walls, yes, it is still there. Despite the fact that we were promissed it would be gone in 1.2.
    This can be serious if you play without the clock, yours or enemy units can be stuck where nobody can get them, resulting in endless battles where you will have to Esc out and suffer a debilitating defeat.

Small graphical bug with siege towers, it is not important or anything, but it is better to tell than not. Notice the ladder, or rather what is not behind it.

Luckily it has only happened once, perhaps it is centered on nightbattles?

Enemies doesn't use pila or any other weapon that is not artillery but is not at Fire At Will. It is very noticeable with the rebel Merc Veteranii, you can march right up under their noses and use your own javelins at them. They should respond in kind.
    I can understand that they shouldn't use the javelins when attacking directly, but not when standing still.

Units on FAW will shoot at routers despite own units chasing them. Not good. At least we can now force a unit to fire into melee, but they should not shoot at any unit engaged with your own units unless you tell them to, that includes routers. I have lost many expensive mercs to these kind of shots in the back.
    Last edited by Kraxis; 09-30-2005 at 18:13.

Chief Biscuit Monitor Member professorspatula's Avatar

Hmm, not sure if these are really bugs, but here's 2 things I noticed during the first few hours of play.

During a battle I had an army of reinforcements on the sidelines waiting to enter. Some of the units in that army were partially on the field of battle, but their unit strength was small, such as only 6 out of 54 men. Their status reported they were unhappy about taking casualties, when they weren't even in a fight. After the battle, none of those men were missing fortunately. Not sure if this happened pre-BI to be honest, but it was a little odd.

Also, this may not be a bug, but an annoying gameplay element. I was beseiging the Burgundians only settlement, and also a fort containing their heir and a few other units. I took the settlement first, and this turned them into a horde. Fair enough. However, when I looked at the fort I was besieging, there were now several horde units inside and all the family members I'd trapped had moved away with the rest of the horde armies. The horde army gets a 'free move' when the horde forms I understand, but it is stupid that this allows the armies to escape a siege or enter a besieged fort at will. Didn't my army notice several hundred troops coming and going from the fort?

I also experienced the white unit card thing early on too. It soon resolved itself.

I have to reinstall RTW and BI anyway. RTW failed to update itself and now CTD on startup. I suppose I should have installed BI with a clean install, but I was hoping the game would automatically overwrite modified files. Bah.
    Improving the TW Series one step at a time:

BI Extra Hordes & Unlocked Factions Mod: Available here.

Forever British Member King Ragnar's Avatar

Golden band model is screwed up there supposed to have 2 weapons but only have on and the arm where there is no weapon also seems to be deformed.
    Vote For The British nationalist Party.
    Say no to multi-culturalism.

When you chase enemy units routing or told by AI to fall back(all units are either fleeing or falling back), without you actually have wone the battle in any way, the victory screen appears. This only happens if your units are outside the city walls. A really annoying bug wich prevents you from chasing down enemies that you now will have to fight once more.
    This bug actually was in RTW too, but then it only occurred in Susa.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Senior Member Senior Member Oaty's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by magnum
    Not sure if its a bug or feature or something else I don't understand, but it has happened twice now:

Besieging a rebel city, going to starve it out. Last turn rebels sally forth and I auto-calc resulting in a draw. Rebels sally forth again immediately making two sallies in one turn.

Have tried to sally multiple times with my defenders and can't.

Haven't tried starving out a regular faction, nor have I tried fighting the battle of the initial sally on the last turn of a siege.

All I've noticed in first hour of playing.
    That's an existing bug from RTW
    When a fox kills your chickens, do you kill the pigs for seeing what happened? No you go out and hunt the fox.
    Cry havoc and let slip the HOGS of war

Merkismathr of Birka Member PseRamesses's Avatar
    Birka town in Svitjod. Realm of the Rus and the midnight sun.

Quote Originally Posted by Kraxis
    Alliance in tatters, well this one is not confirmed at all. And even if it is a fact then it might be a feature. But so far both cases of the two Roman empires asking each other (player asking) for maps has resulted in immediate cancellation of alliance. This needs some more research.
    Sometimes it´s good to keep a written record of things as they pass. From my log-book I can derrive the following stats:

As the Romans it´s a feat IMO that relations are a bit tense. This period SHOULD be hard for the Romans, right?! Playing any other fac is no prob. Ex: 12 tries (this far), 10 terminations with ERE and 0 with other facs. Ex: Sassanides 17 tries, 0 terminations. It seems to me that either a hardcoded strain is applied between ERE and WRE or it´s..... bugged, sigh!

Getting an alliance in the first place as the ERE/ WRE is near impossible. Getting it as anyone else isn´t a prob. Ex: Romans; 96 tries, 8 alliances.
    Sassanids: 96 tries, 71 alliances. Saxons: 16 tries, 15 alliances.

- Graphical bug with Imperial German Bodyguards. At first I saw that the swords were mostly black, which looked rather odd. Afterwards I saw them switching to their spears and the spears were also odd looking. The spearpoint looks like a box, part is the spearpoint and the rest is black. It looks as if the texture wasn't applied properly to the model.

- Slavic Emergence. The Slavs emerged somewhere up north of where the huns originally start out. They didn't move at all for some 40 odd turns, actually they've never even moved since they emerged. Maybe all the wood is preventing them from moving. It seems as if they have enough room to move, but yet they don't. So it's either a pathfinding issue or their surroundings are preventing them from moving. This is just one campaign though, never gotten far enough with the others to have seen the Slavs emerged.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

On a side note: Not a bug, however it is an annoyance. Machinegun Towers decimating units (e.g. Comitatenses) on walls. Hopefully it can be dumbed down a bit through modding. Can't remember if this was possible in that engines.txt, or whatever it was named, file.
    It looks a tad ridiculous seeing such a tower in action.
    Last edited by [DnC]; 09-30-2005 at 22:24.

is not a senior Member Meneldil's Avatar

Default Re : BI Bugs

Well, I'm not really sure this is a bug, but the horde factions just do not do anything. While the Huns have enough stack to hammer both the WRE and the ERE, they stay in their starting province for about 10 turns (without taking the city). I find them to be a great disappointement. I thought Horde factions would move accross the whole map, but from what I've seen (playing 3 games of a few hours each), they just get stuck and are almost inactive (and I'm playing on the hardest difficulty level). I've even seen the Romano British appearing, taking londinium and then spending 20 turns being completly inactive.

Dead generals - I once had a Roman general charging a group of sassanian who were swimming. The crazy folk sunk in the water, and his face (on the unit card) changed. The unit cart became white, but the general did not have the same face, but a random one.

RTW/Spanish generals - Spain still have the blue (briton) generals

Senior Member Senior Member Jambo's Avatar

Default Re: Re : BI Bugs

It would appear ladders are still bugged! Sigh. Quite often the AI attackers don't line them up against the walls properly and instead they seem to get stuck in limbo, with the wall defences all the while decimating the ladder bearers. Even when they do line them up and attack, quite often a whole stream of them will fall to the ground dying en mass.

Who knows, maybe the latter is actually a feature of using ladders - being able to topple attackers to the ground?? Still, I don't remember it ever happening to me when I'm using them to assault stone walls....
    Last edited by Jambo; 10-01-2005 at 10:48.
    =MizuDoc Otomo=

Default Re: Re : BI Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Meneldil
    Well, I'm not really sure this is a bug, but the horde factions just do not do anything. While the Huns have enough stack to hammer both the WRE and the ERE, they stay in their starting province for about 10 turns (without taking the city). I find them to be a great disappointement. I thought Horde factions would move accross the whole map, but from what I've seen (playing 3 games of a few hours each), they just get stuck and are almost inactive (and I'm playing on the hardest difficulty level). I've even seen the Romano British appearing, taking londinium and then spending 20 turns being completly inactive.
    I can say that this does not happen all the time.

In my speed test-run with the Saxons the hordes went wild. The Huns and Vandals ripped the Sarmatians, Goths and Lombards a new one, sending them running. The Sarmatians took Constantinople for instance while the Goths and Lombards took refuge in the WRE (grey provinces spilled out behind them). If I had let the game run some 40 turns more I'm sure the world would have ended up in anarchy.

In my current game I have had serious trouble with the Huns (they have finally settled down in Campus Iazyges), while I personally sent the Goths packing into the WRE, hot on the heels of the Vandals.
    After a few checkups with toggle_fow I have noticed that the Vandals have left a path of destruction (though no conquered cities), and now they are rummaging in Spain (and all WRE players can tell you that Spain is problematic to say the least when it comes to troops). Meanwhile the Goths have sacked Aquitania and eventually conquered Arles.
    I'm pretty certain the WRE emperor is quite dissatisfied with the situation.

Non-swimming units attacking swimming units but ends up drowning, this has been reported by LegioXXXUlpiaVictrix.
    Could be a bug. Anyone else experienced this?

Btw, could this get a sticky, perhaps over the BI Demo thread?

-Throwing gladitorial games does not help conversion. When you throw glad. games monthly or daily, they`re supposed to help conversion to the official religion in the settlement. This is not the case.

-AI when attacking(possibly human player too) cannot take over the gateway(s) if a spy has opened the gates to them. The AI will suffer some exstra casualties because of this.
    Last edited by Viking; 10-04-2005 at 20:52.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

Quote Originally Posted by Viking
    -Throwing gladitorial games does not help conversion. When you throw glad. games monthly or daily, they`re supposed to help conversion to the official religion in the settlement. This is not the case.
    It does in my games you should double check.

Quote Originally Posted by manbaps
    It does in my games you should double check.
    It does add a icon to the list when you do it, but it doesn`t have any effect. I have two examples.

In a settlement in Iberia the gladitorial games tipped the balance in conversion in christian favour by 5%. No conversion happened to either side. Then I converted a neighbour a neighbour settlement, Corduba, to christianity. First then conversion happened as it should.
    The same was the case in Corduba where it was 20% conversion to both paganism and christianity. Despite both religion being equal in conversion I converted a great amount of the population into christianity each turn, and the christian unrest increased. If it wasn`t for gladitorial games the conversion would have been in 20% to christianity and 15% to pagansm, so apparently the game doesn`t count gladitorial games in it`s calculations.
    Runes for good luck:

[1 - exp(i*2π)]^-1

New bug in the diplomacy screen in RTW 1.3. When making an offer of say the map and leaving the demands blank, so as to find out what they're prepared to offer in return, my speculative offer is treated as a gift! Don't know if this is also in BI.

Clan Takiyama Senior Member CBR's Avatar

My problem with blank unitcards seems to have been fixed by using latest drivers for my graphic card.

One bug I have noticed in two battles now (both times with Clibinarii):

One unit somehow gets stuck in the battlefield after killing off a unit. There are no enemies nearby but from the unitcard is still looks like they are fighting and when I zoom in some of the men are swinging their weapon as if fighting. They will not respond to any type of order I give.

First time it happened they did eventually move again after several minutes but the second time they stood there the rest of the battle (had sent a few cav to kill one small army before moving everything to kill off the other enemy army)

Another problem (although more a case of bad AI I guess) is how AI armies move along the walls only to get shot to pieces. Having 4 strong AI armies assaulting my city feels more like 1 1/2 as the rest of the men die before reaching the army that has the siege equipment. Would be much better if they stay outside missile range.

Oh one thing about diplomacy. I saw it while playing RTR (so thats RTW 1.2) too and seen it again in BI. Sometimes AI gives me an offer that basically reads "Please dont attack us or we will attack you" That can happend just before the attack me or sometimes just out of the blue. A bit weird IMO but not new I guess.

CBR

Quote Originally Posted by Hambut_bulge
    New bug in the diplomacy screen in RTW 1.3. When making an offer of say the map and leaving the demands blank, so as to find out what they're prepared to offer in return, my speculative offer is treated as a gift! Don't know if this is also in BI.
    In BI, factions refuse settlements as gifts..

So far the 'feature' which has been most noticeable to me in BI is the AI infantry not using their pila/javalins/plumbatari before attacking (infantry only, not skirmishers who still behave correctly). This limits the effectiveness of the AI controlled Romans - especially the plumbatari who have 14 missiles at their disposal and don't use any. I've already won one battle which I would have lost if they'd loosed off a couple of volleys at me before charging.

I know it's been pointed out before, but this infantry FAW oversight is my main gripe. I haven't tried testing whether this is also occurring in RTW 1.3 yet as I'm still having way too much fun in my crumbling ERE campaign!

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast