Thread: 1.0 Makedonia Help

Default 1.0 Makedonia Help

I seen the Makedonian guide stickied, but its kind of all irrelevant now, and as im a novice with EB (I've only played Rome and Casse :P), can anyone give me sound advice on how to start off as Makedonia and where i should expand first. Who should i take out? Do i go for Epeiros or KH, or both at the same time etc?
    Thanks in advance, Gaivs.
    In the words of Marcvs Avrelivs;
    Live each day as if it were your last

Ο ΠΟΛΕΜΟΣ ΚΑΤΑ ΤΗΣ ΣΕΛΕΥΚΕΙΑΣ - A Makedonike AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=97530

Default Re: 1.0 Makedonia Help

In my latest campaign i merged those two armies in the south together, disbanded a couple of really expensive units and went north to destroy Pyrrhos. I lost Korinth but took Athens when it wasn't defended except by like 1 unit, then just went from there. Makedonia is easy, the greeks don't use phalanxes so their units are easy to pin. As for the spartan generals, just pin them and pepper them to hell with missles from the back, it's the only way. 2 units of Akintistai or Peltastai'l do the trick.

EB TRIBVNVS PLEBIS Member MarcusAureliusAntoninus's Avatar

First off, disband any ships or cavalry you aren't going to use.

I always go for KH first and Pyrrhos will usually wander away for a while then come back. If you can beat the Hellenes before Pyrrhos becomes a big problem, you're home free. Once Athens and Sparte fall, go after Epeiros and you should win.
    Last edited by MarcusAureliusAntoninus; 12-10-2007 at 10:58.

Thanks guys, il get onto that tonight. Playing EB is a vastly different experience isnt it? So much more complicated, but its awesome.
    In the words of Marcvs Avrelivs;
    Live each day as if it were your last

Ο ΠΟΛΕΜΟΣ ΚΑΤΑ ΤΗΣ ΣΕΛΕΥΚΕΙΑΣ - A Makedonike AAR
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=97530

Opening moves as Makedonia:

1. Empty Thessaly and Makedonia, and use that army (which is quite nicely balanced) to kill Pyrrhos. Then march westwards and conquer Epeiros.

2. Meanwhile, use your navy to reinforce Antigonos with troops from Mytilene. Then sail westwards (bashing other navies en-route) to bring back the conquerors of Epeiros so that they can take Thermon. Conquer Athens and Sparta with Antigonos and his men.

3. Loot Thermon. Sack it. Even the nice unique buildings. By 270 BCE, you can start rebuilding the mines in Pella.

It's a risky set of moves, but it'll make the kingdom of Macedon strong.