Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Religious Wars - A Desperate World

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Default Re: Religious Wars - A Desperate World

Message from Western France:

Due to the recent events in Portugal, this country asked me for help against Spain. Those people conquered them, but Portugal is claiming for freedom. It seems that they are needing help. And Western France will help them.

Also, I wish to know the opinion of other's nation about the idea of attacking Eastern France. I am attacking them.

Another thing, Im willing to buy troops in those countries who need some money. I'm refering to countries who are in serious problems due to the lost of the economic capital.
    Last edited by Caius; 12-15-2007 at 20:20.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Can I be Bavaria?

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by King Jan III Sobieski
    Can I be Bavaria?

Im surprised you dont want Poland-Lithuania
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

I suppose its because you can't play Poland.

I am adding you to the list King Jan III Sobeski. Your decisions shall come through next Chapter. You picked a hard nation, read up the CHapter and you'll see the Augsburg Crisis happening.

missed that
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

I may be reducing the the deadline to Wedensday, as I have some spare time and want to fit in at least two more Chapters before Christmas.

And seignthelas and Draco, it would be appreciated if you could come and confirm your still playing the Game.
    Last edited by Baby Boomer; 12-17-2007 at 07:13.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Umm, yeah, I'm still playing. Hence, the little speech yesterday.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Sorry, I got you confused with seignthelas.

A Confused Asian Member Ayachuco's Avatar
    In the No Man's Land between Homelessness and abject Poverty

In Wien (Vienna), capital of the Austrian duchy, a large mob of peasants and common folk surrounded a marketplace that has yet to be ransacked. They are determined to plunder the square of all its valuables and food to bring home and feed their starving bellies and children. If needed, they would kill anyone who stood in their way to survive. Already gathered in the market square is host of merchants, guild leaders, and noblemen. There is a whiff of mutual suspicion between the two groups and there is the constant whispering of the Augsburg crisis and how the rich have become as poor as the beggars that frequent the filthy markets in poor district of the city in a matter of days. The merchants had merely wanted some promise of compensation from the duke for their losses and were surprised to see the local princes and lords to be in the market also. This meant only one thing, that the Augsburg crisis also affected the top of the pyramid and that the Duke was also a victim of the economic crisis. One nobleman, upon seeing the horde of commoners and peasants, begin to tremble as he recall his relative's account of the horror of the Augsburg crisis when the lords were stripped of their clothes and fine jewelry and were killed. The Augsburg crisis had shook the German states to the core and the nobleman's entire treasury couldn't even buy enough food to feed and support his family. The Duke of Austria, Ferdinand I, had invited the local counts and princes to the city to discuss the issues of the state, but he had never thought that they would be discussing it with the merchants of the city. And now a horde of peasants came and there was no way to escape their horrible stench and decay and he thought he could see the glimmer of knives and club shaped weapons hidden under the rags; he believed that only the presence of the Duke would stifle the anxious nerves of the gathering and prevent another Augsburg. As the peasants squeezed into the packed market place and were preparing to strike, a loud, booming voice from one of the market stalls interrupted their devious designs upon the rich.

I, Duke Ferdinand of Austria, with powers granted by my brother, Emperor Charles V of the HRE has convened an emergency council and I am glad to see all the peoples of the Austrian duchy have gathered here peacefully to discuss the affairs of the state with me. As you may have already heard from families and the actual victims, Augsburg, the economic capital of our currency, was mercilessly pillaged and destroyed by a group of religious fanatics. Many innocent people died, and from the lowly peasant to the ruler of Bavaria have both shed many tears over the grievances and together are slowly rebuilding anew their lives. Over the past few days, I have received many letters and grievances for compensation and decisive action and have been unable to act upon them. It is not because of my greed or that I have a cold heart and do not care for my subjects that I cannot help address these issues. It is b/c our money is no longer worth anything.

"Guards!, Dump the Florins and gold into the Market! Here is the tax collections I have collected from the merchants and peasants the past year and this pile here is my personal treasury. I can give these unto you but it would not solve any problems. You, peasants! I had learned of your planned revolt and thus acted on it. Here!, Here is all the gold you ever want, but will it buy you a loaf of bread to live another day?"

I have also heard the sweet words of many advisors to switch to another currency, but I am adamant in my decision to stick with the only currency we have known. We will never become the slaves of another people and resort to beg for their gold. Thus I will support my brother's decision to move the capital of the Florin to Frankfurt. If we are determined enough, we can once again make the Florin the most valuable standard to trade in and outside the Empire!

We must also address the issue of Genoa and their aggressive actions against Venice and their indirect threats against our nation. We may be divided in religion but we can become a United Front against all that threaten our ability to interfere with the practicing of our religions. Thus, I am calling for an attack on the backstabbing Genoese and push them out of Venetia. Once we have dealt with them, then we can decide whether or not to continue the conquest of Venice. We need coins that have value and they use Ducats, second in value only to the Guilders. If we can conquer Venice, then there will be less strain on ourselves to feed and survive. There is also the issue of Portugal rebelling against my brother. Although it would cause dismay and disappointment in other countries, I must be loyal in any affairs that deal with my family. I cannot betray my brother who gave me the chance to rule over loyal subjects such as you. I will not take advantage of his troubles and so I will support his decision to do what he wants with the Portuguese rebels.

That is all I may discuss with you all, my loyal subjects. Now I must go and begin drawing up the plans I have discussed with you. Nobles and lords, you may come with me to the keep so that I may discuss with you more freely about sensitive matters of the state without worrying about any potential spies that aren't being spied by my own. Merchants, I promise you that I will get you some compensation, even if I have to beg and grovel before these men that you call master. And one final word to the peasants. I know that you are treated and will probably always be treated like scum, but never despair for you are the supports for the people who flaunt their riches at you. Now they know your plight and maybe they will think twice before they turn up their nose when they toss you a coin to bother someone else. I know, I have and I also gained respect for you, since you have to live like this your entire lives.

I will leave all of you to your own personal affairs and I hope the next time I speak to all of you, that it will be in a moment of triumph and success.

Sorry if me writing isn't good, not much of a storyteller.
    Through the ages every weapon has evolved from two basic design philosophies, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

"We're not Communists, we're not pinko... we can't be, 'cause you pay to come and see us and we sell t-shirts at our gigs". Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At the Drive-In
    “I grew an afro. Not only did it make me cool, but it did wonders for my career. Oh, and I can get chicks now, too.” Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

I, Gerald FitzGerald, 11th earl of Kildare and peer of Ireland by grace of God declare the following:

Though I was forced to flee Ireland by the English Crown and spent my life disconnected from my ancestral lands,
    Though I’m only 15 years old,
    I have the full support of the people of Ireland who acknowledge me as the rightful heir of Thomas FitzGerald, 10th earl of Kildare and as Lord Deputy of Ireland under King Henry VIII, lord of Ireland.

My first words go to my King and in whos place I govern Ireland. I wish to end these hostilities between your people. I deem that by executing the ringleaders of the revolt, you have reasserted yourself as the rightfull ruler of Ireland. I feel that the presence of your soldiers don't contribute to the normalisation of the situation and that they might cause peasant rebellions which we both don't want.

Furthermore, I like to make a statement about the unrest in western Spain. I sympathise with a people having the desire for more liberties, however, I do not acknowledge those rebels anykind of nation. I find it depressing that the old ways of negotiating privileges has been abandoned by the Portuguese nobles in favour of bloodshed. The opportunity for these negotiations is there as a united Iberia will be needed to guard Europe from a muslim invasion. I also strongly urge other nations to not recognise Portugal but rather force both parties to negotiate and turn there attention to the south and east. Catholic, Lutheran or Angelican all should be preoccupied to put down the threat of the Muslims
    Last edited by Peasant Phill; 12-18-2007 at 09:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Which bit of Ireland are representing? and which King are you addressing? Scotland might have some business with you

He is PLaying Catholic Ireland.

Good speechs/stories Draco and Peasent Phill! They are quite good, and well deserve a clap on the back. I am mighty impressed.

I am sure EGnoa will somehow find a response.

I am shortening the deadline to Wedensday. No specific time just get it in by then.

Lord Saika Magoichi Member Seign Thelas's Avatar

I have to drop out. It seemed interesting to me at first, but it hasn't really captivated me.

If you so wish, I shall delete your name of the list now.

Blog Entries

I, Gerald FitzGerald, 11th earl of Kildare and peer of Ireland by grace of God declare the following:

To the one that calls himself shlin28 and who proclaims to be an envoy of James V King of the Scots,
    I'm grateful for the acknowledgement your King gives me. This may help a great deal in convincing your Southern cousins to accept peace with my people.

I'm wondering what business Scotland might have with Ireland. I'm willing to talk in private if you deem it necessary.
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Is it too late to join?

Ekklesia Mafia: - An exciting new mafia game set in ancient Athens - Sign up NOW!
    "Oh, how I wish we could have just one Diet session where the Austrians didn't spend the entire time complaining about something." Fredericus von Hamburg

It is not too late to join. What faction do you wish to claim? I will have to include you next chapter as III is already written up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiberius of the Drake
    Im surprised you dont want Poland-Lithuania
    Yes, yes....but change is good - sometimes....

Quote Originally Posted by Peasant Phill

To the one that calls himself shlin28 and who proclaims to be an envoy of James V King of the Scots,
    I'm grateful for the acknowledgement your King gives me. This may help a great deal in convincing your Southern cousins to accept peace with my people.

I'm wondering what business Scotland might have with Ireland. I'm willing to talk in private if you deem it necessary.
    I am the Honourable Sean Hamish Linn the Twenty-Eighth, loyal servant of the Scottish throne

We are merely concerned about the affairs in Ireland due to its effect in trade and the political situations it may cause, may I ask how peace may be brought in Ireland, if possible? and whether you plan to give compromises? Reply via private courier please.

Chapter III

This covers the time period of
    1st of August
    ‘till
    1st of November

These next few months are the most grim Europe has seen for some time, that including the French Division and attempted Siege of Vienna.

The month starts with war in France, as some 12 000 Catholic French soldiers rise from the woods in Eastern France and march, offensively, into their territory. The countryside flees before them to the nearest town, that being the distant town of Rouen, which is situated next to the Seine.
    The city hurriedly prepares to face the coming soldiers, and on a light night in late August they see a parade of lights speeding towards the City. The city musters some 4 000 soldiers, and some 2 000 come in from the surrounding countryside. Eastern France, taken by surprise, immediately starts to march a Army from Boulogne, and shall take 3 months to arrive at Rouen. The Catholic Soldiers set up a line of cannons outside the city, where they bomb the city from dawn until dusk. The city in response, has set up one battery of motars just within the city, where they may effectively bombard the Catholic cannons. In early October, some 1 000 soldiers pour out from the city in a traditional Swiss Pikemen formation, and attempt to attack the works there. The Western French commander, Jean de Navarre, saw this coming and had a squadron of trained dragoons ready to fight off them off. The soldiers retreated into the city with no casualties. While this happens a fleet of merchant ships set off from Bordeaux, their target being Portugal declares the Catholic King, whether with soldiers or supplies unknown.

The Augsburg Crisis was quickly dealt with, with all of North and Central Germany now pacified, there is no longer the threat of a Religious War, and money is quickly coming back to its before value. With the help of Austria and Saxony, the new economic capital of the Florin has been reset to Frankfurt, also capital of the Holy Roman Empire. It quickly gains value with external nations buying out, and the florin rises quickly in the chart. The Duke of Austria, Ferdinand, makes a glorious speech in the market square in Vienna. The people hear of it in taverns across Germany, and are inspired. Austria, Bavaria, Saxony, Franconia and the Empire may still be very poor, but they are not as worse off. The situation though, is different in Southern Germany. With only several month’s after the crisis, the people are already running amok. Several towns and villages have declared themselves for Genoa, Austria or Bavaria, while meanwhile others have declared themselves free. The Emperor, busy with things in Frankfurt, can not reach it in time.

North Italy is aflame. It has been two month’s and the Genoans are on the edge of claiming Venice. They send more armies further onto Zagreb, and it seems the Venetian Republic will be swallowed by Genoa. But with a surprise move, the Austrian Duke, matters safer in his homeland, permit his armies to advance into Genoan held land. 10 000 Austrian soldiers march from Innsbruck in late October, and they formally start the siege of Bolzano. The city can only musters 1 000 willing defenders, 800 of them Genoan. The city easily falls into Austrian grasp, and the Genoans quickly are forced to face a new, stronger, enemy. With Genoan Armies currently ravaging Croatia and the Genoan Army near Venice can not face this Austrian Army as the Doge expressed orders to take Venice no matter what. The Austrian forces split up, and a small group of 3 000 men head into Tierfo, where they plunder the province of Genoan supplies. The luck blows the Austrian way, and a Genoan caravan train, a large one, is found resting in one of the towns. The merchantmen are killed, except the leader, and the supplies taken, Ammunition is found, and four cannons meant for the Siege of Venice. As this happens, another Austrian army made up of some 7 000 soldiers head for Bellarno, and siege the city. The city musters 3 000 troops and prepare for a long siege, but 2 000 soldiers arrive from the raiding in the nearby province, and the city surrenders before November comes. Italy now has three players, and what once seemed a Genoan victory is now uncertain, but there is talk of Sicilian ships off the Genoan coast. The Genoans should counter attack in the New Year.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

In Egypt, the advance guard of the Ottoman Army heads to Alexandria, where they shall wait for the final transportation of the rest of their army. On their way though, they are fired upon from the mountain ranges. It is Nubian soldiers, but the Turkish Army does not slow, but speeds up. The Nubian soldiers follow them fast, and start aiming for officers, and then the General. As they start doing this, they are flushed out of their position by a Ottoman Camel Squadron. They retreated some distance and the Ottoman Army continued. Further along the path, they came across a Nubian rebel force, and the General assigned a squadron of Turkish Pike – and – Shot Regiment to the job. The two forces meet and exchange fire, before the Ottoman task force is overcome but a swarm of Nubian and Egyptian villagers who kill them. The Ottoman Army though, reached Alexandria with only a day or two faults. In Senegal, the people have calmed after the size of the African Army, and even send 5 000 soldiers to show their acceptance. The African Army still advances and scouts the area, but are unable to find any more trouble. A small 3 000 strong army crosses the Gibraltar strait from Granada, and are currently resting in Algiers.

The previous quiet of Ireland is broken with one sharp note. A Catholic fleet from Cork sails around to Anglican Ireland where it proceeds with blockading Dublin. The city has not been affected yet, as there are still overland routes from other cities, but it promises no international supplies. Several ships patrol around Catholic Ireland to ensure that no international support comes to Anglican Ireland, and are prepared for a amphibious offensive. Travelers spread rumors of horrible deeds committed by the English States, and that of Anglican Ireland. The taverns in Longford do a roaring trade as news spreads from unknown sources of horrible crimes done against Catholic Ireland along the border with Anglican Ireland. The people are inflamed, and within the night turn upon the small Anglican Church there, which is burnt down and inhabitants killed. Matters flame up almost as worst in Scotland. The Scottish King refuses to send back the magnificent Catholic inventors and bishops to Rome, Rome is angry, and the Pope threatens them with excommunication. Some bishops try to escape, but aware sailors along the Scottish coast spot the illegal ships and tow them into shore. Several of your ships are blocked off the Anglican Ireland coast by a Catholic fleet and the merchants retreat to the nearest Scottish port. It was then that Manchester protested against such things. They are angry over your refusal to give them to Rome, and at once sprung a small 5 000 strong army to there borders, where the countryside spawned another 5 000 devout Catholic’s, and another 2 000 from Southern Scotland adding their numbers to 12 000 men, and led by the general John Liver. Yorkshire, all the ever a Catholic realm, has brought forth a army of unknown size to their borders and are willing to march and aid Manchester. Essex and London haven’t responded, but the Head of Anglican Church, Henry VIII, has expressed anger towards Scotland and the two English States.

The day lightens for Portuguese Rebels. Supplies arrive from Western France, and the Teutonic Order, African Alliance and Genoa recognize the Free State of Portugal. Meanwhile Spain, Austria and Catholic Ireland all look upon the revolt badly, and all support Spain. The Portuguese Rebels now hold the coast from Galicia to Lisbon. Some 20 000 Rebels march down towards Southern Portugal, and soon the towns from Lisbon to Faro are all under control of the rebels who numbers constantly swell. The Spanish Armies are not absent though, and a large 30 000 Army arrives at Ponte de Sor, and acknowledge they still control Eastern Portugal. The Rebels are so far ignoring the invading Spanish Armies.

The Teutonic Order continues to ignore Poland, who seems to anger, but then strangely matters cool in Poland. Warsaw no longer demands anything. The Hochmeister also chooses to ignore the conflict in Finland, supporting neither for the time being. They do though, viciously oppose the idea of a Lutheran capital being set up in Stockholm, and the Hochmeister declares that he is willing to make the Teutonic City of Konigsberg the capital, he kindly offers. This matter though, has still to be accepted by the other Lutheran nations. Recruitment undergoes in the Teutonic Order’s cities, and the factories in Konigsberg and Berlin are furiously working to smelt some 50 cannons, and the leading engineer estimates it will take at least 6 months.

Central Europe:

Scotland:
    1) The Catholic bishops have betrayed your trust and tried to escape to Rome, can you trust them much more? They may seek help from one of the English States.
    (a)Put them under high security in Edinburgh, where they can’t escape and ruin your reputation. This means they’re basically put in a comfort gaol. They’re fed well, but can’t escape and only get 3 hours a day to walk around outside.
    (b) Put them under Medium Security or House Security. This means they’re allowed the free comforts of walking Edinburgh, but are followed closely, and can stay Home.
    (c) Let them roam free around the country, but not outside of it.
    (d) Execute them for mistrust.

2) Manchester has mustered 12 000 men on the border, and Yorkshire has a army on its border. You have several options.
    (a)Send a Spy to the Manchester Army and spread discord amongst the Scottish soldiers, and perhaps the weak of heart.
    (b) Send an Assassin and attempt to kill the Manchester General, John Liver.
    (c) Attempt to cause a sense of courage amongst the Anglican populace in Manchester and Yorkshire to rise against the Catholic leaders.

3) Rome is very angry with you, and threaten much upon you. You are half Anglican, half Catholic, but are these words empty?
    (a)Send a reply to Rome: That you are deeply sorry but detain them for their own good, and Scotland’s good.
    (b)Send a reply to Rome: That it I your decision and you don’t regret it.
    (c) Send a reply to Rome: Keep your nose out of our business, we care not.
    (d) Do not reply.

4) The Supply Ships have been beaten back by a strong blockade, and further attempts could enable others to find out.
    (a) Attempt once again, openly and with no care of being found.
    (b) Attempt again, but with more stealth.
    (c) Send a stronger fleet to attack their blockade and reach the shore.
    (d) One of above but with troops.
    (e) D, but somewhere else not blockaded.

5) You have 10 000 at the Coast and 20 000 at Glasgow, any orders?

Catholic Ireland:
    1) The blockade is successfully in place, and international supplies strangled from Anglican Ireland’s grasp. You now have the option of a amphibious assault, do you wish for this?
    (a) Assault Dublin or elsewhere at once,
    (b) Send medium sized armies in from the mainland and siege a line of Forts and Cities.
    (c) Do nothing but bombard Dublin.
    (d) Other.

2) Manchester and Yorkshire seem intent on attacking Scotland, and this might strangle you of a good ally, or perhaps make one.
    (a) Send troops to help Scotland defend itself against the English Invasion.
    (b) Send troops to one of the English States to help them attack Scotland.
    (c) Attack one of the other as your own group.
    (d) Bombard one group.

3) Scotland as refused to send back the Roman bishops, thus causing anger at Rome. Your wishes?
    (a) Demand that Scotland send them back under threat of war.
    (b) Try and persuade Rome to give up on the attempt.
    (c) Do not involve yourself.

4) You have 10 000 in Tyrone, and 15 000 in Offaly. Any orders?

Western France:
    1) Your troops sprung from the forests and sieged Rouen only to find it prepared and well defended. Eastern forces now speed to you from elsewhere, and Rouen is showing no signs of giving up.
    (a) Assualt the town at once, using the provided map (In Spoil tag) please plan your assault upon the town.
    (b) Attempt to negotiate a peace with the forces inside the City.
    (c) Continue the Siege.
    (d) Retreat and attempt a better target.

2) There is a number of Mortars just inside the city wall, and your General Jean de Navarre has requested his own battery of mortars for the attack.
    (a) Send Jean the required Mortars.
    (b) Do not send them.

3) With General Jean assaulting Rouen, and officially opening up the war again, are there any other attacks you wish to stage?

3) You have 12 000 assaulting Rouen, 13 000 in Orleans and you have 3 000 troops in Rennes, Caen, Nantes, Poitiers, Limoges, Clermont – Ferrond, Bordeaux, Toulouse and Montpellier. There are 4 000 Swiss Pike men offering themselves for recruitment, but will disband you if the Swiss Republic is in danger.

Austria:
    1) With the Augsburg Crisis all but over in Austria, it still has to boil over in Southern Germany. Most of the east of Southern Germany is offering themselves to Austrian dominance.
    (a) Accept them into your Duchy. This will give you an extra 8 000 troops, but decrease relations with the Emperor.
    (b) Decline it and tell them to calm down and accept the Emperor.
    (c) Ignore them.

2) The situation in Italy is going well for you, will the planned offensives all working well. Bolzano and Bellarno fell easily into your grasp, and Tierfo was exposed to be weak. You have several options to go with.
    (a) Attack Tierfo, supposedly weak, and claim it.
    (b) Prepare Bellarno and Bolzano for a counter assault certain to come from the Genoans.
    (c) Retreat back to Innsbruck.

3) Venice is holding out, barely, and should fall by the New Year. They are screaming at you for help.
    (a) Send the troops from Klagenfurt to break the siege.
    (b) When the Genoan Army heading to assault Bolzano passes by, attack them in the back.
    (c) Ignore.

4) Troops are being recruited in Graz. You have 35 000 troops in Klagenfurt, 10 000 in Vienna, 10 000 in Innsbruck, you have 6 000 in Bellarno, and 4 000 in Bolzano. Any orders?

Teutonic Order:
    1) The Duchy of Livonia, who is half Catholic, does not wish for Konigsberg to be scarred in the way of a Capital. The Meister of Livonia, Sigismund, has said he threatens rebellion if that happens.
    (a) Whip the man into place, he dare question your power? Relieve him of his position as Meister.
    (b) Coldly inform the man of his rudeness.
    (c) Agree and give up this dream.
    (d) Ignore him.

2) Poland has cooled down, and has said nothing since your proclamation of being the Teutonic Order. This could be considered suspicious behaviour.
    (a) Send a spy to Warsaw to find out the problem.
    (b) Ask them why the suddenly accepted it.
    (c) Be aggressive and attack!
    (d) Ignore the whole thing.

3)The Duchy of Prussia, the only other Duchy in the Order apart from Livonia, still has no Meister, and there are a group of men who wish for the position.
    (a) Frederick von Hamburg; A aggressive, rash man.
    (b) Ulrich Bologna, A smooth man but can never decide.
    (c) Albert de Toul; A young French man, who is very experienced in warfare and claims to be at the Battle of Paris.
    (d) Joan Staufen; a old man who can deal with economy very well.

3) You have 35 000 In Berlin, any orders?

Russia:
    1) You have troops stationed in Southern Finland ready for any invasion by the Swedes. The Teutonic Order may be coming, with the Swedes, you or as a separate side unknown. Any wishes?

2) The Cossacks are stirring trouble in Ukraine again, in Sumy. There are some 15 000, easily to be crushed.
    (a)Send troops at once to crush the Rebellion (Choose what Army)
    (b)Persuade with them (You have to send me a letter which I'll pass onto the Rebels.
    (c)Ignore them.
    (d)Other.

3) You have 30 000 in Moscow, 30 000 in Smolensk and 20 000 in Mumansk. They are poorly equipped and untrained except the one in Moscow.

African Alliance:
    1) The Nubians said they did the best they could, and even destroyed a Regiment of Turkish Pikemen and Musketeers. The Ottoman army there is rumored to be a Advance Guard.
    (a) Order the Nubians to find out when the next Army is landing, and tell them to sink as many of the ships as possible.
    (b) Attmept to assainate the Ottoman general.
    (c) Ignore and prepare for attack.

2) The Senegal Rebellion ended quickly, and with the addition of 5 000 troops. This brings your African Army to 35 000. Tunisia is crying for defense and musters 5 000 soldiers of its own.
    (a) Immediately send your Army to Tunisia to prepare for the attack.
    (b) One of your Algerian generals presents a cunning plan. Send 25 000 to Tunisia where they meet with the Tunisian troops making it 30 000, and looks like the original army. The second half though, 10 000 strong, heads around the Sahara Desert and when the Turkish attack, backstab them. It is dangerous getting through the desert though, and may be angry locals.

3) Granada in South Spain has sent you 3 000 soldiers, and are currently resting in Algiers. Its General though fell from the boat when crossing and drowned, and the Army is loose and wild without a General. Please assign a General.
    (a) Assign Ahmed Babur, a Algerian general who is a devout Muslim, and a leader who is got a iron discipline.
    (b) Abbas Valerian; A Spanish general who knows Spanish Military back to front, and claims he can bring you the tercio.
    (c) Aadil Balozi; A Mali General who is a fine General and knows the Mali way of Armies including the famous African Spike Shot.

4) You have 35 000 in Senegal, 3 000 in Algiers, 5 000 in Tunisia and a small Nubian force in Egypt. Your orders?

Bavaria:
    1) The Augsburg Crisis is fresh in your mind, and Augsburg is being rebuilt constantly. But now rumors reach the court of it being on purpose.
    (a) Investigate at once, send Bavaria’s best Invesigators to findout.
    (b) Give it a fleeting investigation by the Bavarian Military.
    (c) Ignore the rumors, that’s what they, rumors!

2) The Emperor has called upon you to provide some supplies and troops to calm down the situation in Southern Germany.
    (a) Send the avabile 5 000 troops and supplies he wants.
    (b) Send him nothing, but kindly.
    (c) Ignore the plea.

3) Several South German villages offer themselves to you, but accepting could anger your Kaiser.
    (a) Accept and take the 5 000 troops they offer, and land.
    (b) Decline and request they give themselves into the Emperor.
    (c) Ignore their offers.

4) Your leading Generals are claiming the time for a Military Reform is now. There are several systems used overseas which are effective.
    (a) Adopt the Dutch System. It involves standardizing armor, weapons and guns to the Dutch way. Every Regiment is organzized into 2 batralions each made up of 550 men. 250 Pike men and 300 Musketeers. Every formation is between 8 to 12 men deep. The first soldiers in line would fire, hweel about and march to the back, and then the next line fired anrepeated thus allowing a continued fire.
    (b) Adopt the Spanish tercio. Most men are lightly armored but the three lines have pikes, who stop other pikes and cavalry. They attack enemy pikemen, and the lightly armored muskteers and swordsmen behind rush through and cut up the enemy.
    (c) Adopt the Swiss formation. A square is in the middle, and in the middle of the square is pike men, and the outside musketeers. There are five smaller squares outside of the larger one, all made up of muskteers who retreat into the large one when attacked.

5) You have 20 000 men in Augsburg and 10 000 in Lower Bavaria. Any orders?

Ottoman Empire:
    1) The situation in North Africa; the African Alliance and you are in a certain war, and it seems it is certain conflict will evolve. You have a advance guard of 20 000 in Alexandria, most of them made up of Janissaries, and some elite Egyptian forces. You lost 2000 coming from the coast, to Nubian Rebels in the service of the African Alliance. The General in command of the army, Ahmed Sassinand, has several options.

(a) A Fleet Commander is offering his fleet up for transportation. It would a few weeks to transport the whole army, but the job would be done, and you can attack Tunisia.
    (b) Advance through the desert to Tunisia.
    (c) Wait in Alexandria for the rest of your army, numbers unknown so far.
    (d) Other.

2) Genoa has attacked Venice and claimed its lands, and now Austria has attacked Genoa and it claimed some of its lands. You have a valuable hand in this game, with some 50 000 strong army waiting south of Zagreb.
    (a) Help the Austrians and start a invasion of Genoan held lands, starting with a Siege of Zagreb.
    (b) Help the Genoans and attack Austria, with a Assault either you plan, or one devised by your General.
    (c) Help the Venetians and attack Genoa, and Austria.
    (d) Stay where you are and let them attack each other.

3)The Knights of St. John control the island of Rhodes, and it is garrisoned with 8 000 men. You can raise a Task Force, informs your man, of 40 000 and attack them.

(a) Yes, raise the Task Force and Siege Rhodes.
    (b) No, ignore that small island for now.
    (c) Offer them help with supplies and soldiers.

4)There are several fleets of Pirates commissioned by you traveling the seas, mainly the Aegean and the Adriatic. There are several Manhunters paid for by Genoa, Sicily and Spain out there which are hunting and destroying your fleets, which are useless in close combat and only good in raiding. There are two fleets of heavy warships, garrisoned with Greek soldiers bearing a scimitar and Balkan musket. You may recruit the, or continue recruiting the small fleets of raiders.
    (a) Recruit the Heavy Warships which may tip the balance in the seas, and prompt the Greater Powers to commission their own fleets.
    (b) Recruit the small Raider ships to raid major trading routes and ignore the Manhunters.

5) You have 20 000 in Alexandria, a large force heading to Egypt, 50 000 south of Zagreb, 40 000 on the Rhodes coastline, 40 000 on the Russian border and 20 000 on the Persian border. Any orders?

Worth of Currency:

Guilders
    Pound Sterling
    Ducats
    Florins
    Cruzcados

A List of Avabile Mercanairies (Recruit via PM to me)

Nubian Rebels - 500
    Serbian Snipers - 200
    Sicillian Armored Knights - 600
    Norwegian Sailor - 500 with 7 Ships (HIRED by Joachim II)

Orders Due: 3rd of January, 2008
    Last edited by Baby Boomer; 12-28-2007 at 04:50.

great update boomer!
    -Peter Green

Great chapter!

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hmm, interesting, verrrrry interesting.

Great Chapter, Baby Boomer!
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Blog Entries

Hmm, I thought the Catholics were already blockading Dublin. Oh well, it hasn't caused an English attack. Let's hope it stays that way*.

A good installment, lots of interesting choices and opportunities.

* Baby Boomer, this is no way a hint to get the Anglican of their arse and into their battledress. I'm asking for peace remember.

A Open Message from Rome:

The Kingdom fo Scotland has disobeyed ancient rules we hold dearest. We have been smacked in the face, in the terms of the Pope! You hold bishops held sacred to the Papal States, and the Pope is willing to grace excommunication upon you, enabling the old but true method of Crusade. We are willing to ask any other Catholic Nation, be that Western France, Ireland, Spain or other, make sure these hehretics return true Roman men!

OOC: Thanks for all the compliments all. I've given this deadline a long break, so don't worry if this is a bit inactive for a while, its just enjoying the holidays!

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Open Message from Western France:

Our country cant tolerate this separation. Eastern France, with their leaders who lead their people to death, made me start this war, such thing is sadly for our people. I have to recognize that my country is looking for war, but I want to share the same flag. I understand the situation, everyone is claiming for peace. I want peace, but we have to fight, as we don't have any chance to talk with the enemy leaders. Also, I want help.

Kind Regards

Western France.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Blog Entries

To Henry, the VIIIth by that name, King of England and Lord of Ireland:

This is my second plea for peace between Your armies and the Irish people. I did not receive any response on my first request so I assume You're still holding counsel on the matter. I am pleased that You do not dismiss me lightly.

I am aware that the Irish ships blockading Dublin aren't reinforcing my plea for peace. Note however that they haven't fired one single shot. None of the Irish troops for that matter have acted offensively. You have my word that they'll keep on the defensive as long as it takes for you to come to a conclusion.
    The blockade itself was necessary to hold of foreign forces that could've toppled the balance that we've struck and thus could drag both our people in unnecessary bloodshed. I'm proud my men were able to prevent such a thing but sad that I had to take such precautions.

I await your response with eager heart.

A Response to Gerald FitzGerald:

Though I, Henry, have control of the Anglican Church, and thus control of all Anglican religions, I do not have authority over the independant States of Yorkshire, Manchester and Essex, unfortunely who claimed their rights to leave the Crown of London during the War of the Roses.

I have no hostilities with you, it is Anglican Ireland who does, but unfortunely, I shall not choose to clam them down, as I have seen no harm done. if you wish for no war, why blockade? You may have killed none good Anglican fellow, but you have starved as many.

The war has done harm, nor good. I shall not end as soon.

Henry of London, Pope of the CHurch of England.

To the great Pope of Rome:

We are deeply sorry for our recent actions, my King was not of a clear mind when he sent out his orders for the detainment of the Catholic bishops. However, he has since recovered and begs me to tell you that the previous orders were, although a rash one, not without reason; Europe is a wartorn land, Your Holiness, the fact that the great minds of the age seek to find solace in Scotland, shows that we are to be trusted; they had chosen our land, and even the mighties words could not change this fact. Even if we obeyed your orders immediately, the passage from Scotland to Rome would be a most dangerous journey, and no doubt, some, if not the majority of the great men would be killed or kidnapped through their journeys through the war-torn lands which they must pass through. The months since then has allowed us to build up our navy, allowing us to transport your loyal servants safely to Rome, and now, we shall finally be able to send your loyal servants home. Our most beloved pope, we meant no disobedience by our actions, and we beg you for forgiveness for our actions, and to recall the armies of the English states.

Yours sincerely,
    S. H. Lynn of Scotland, Chief advisor to the King of Scotland.
    Last edited by shlin28; 12-21-2007 at 19:52.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast