Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Religious Wars - A Desperate World

Default Re: Religious Wars - A Desperate World

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Boomer
    A Open Message from Rome:

The Kingdom fo Scotland has disobeyed ancient rules we hold dearest. We have been smacked in the face, in the terms of the Pope! You hold bishops held sacred to the Papal States, and the Pope is willing to grace excommunication upon you, enabling the old but true method of Crusade. We are willing to ask any other Catholic Nation, be that Western France, Ireland, Spain or other, make sure these hehretics return true Roman men!!
    We would ask his most serene and powerful Holy Father not to forget his faithful subjects in Bavaria, also!

Albert V, Duke of Bavaria

OOC: THats because Bavaria is Luthrean

Open Message From The Ottoman Empire:

We, the Ottoman Empire, call upon the African Alliance to surrender themselves to our armies, which nervertheless will happen in due time. You have only escaped our attention due to several mishappeningsin Europe. We have a large Turkish Army heading straight to Egypt now. Call down your Nubian friends, call down your armies and we will spare you the fate of Cyprus.

We also call upon Genoa to stop its barbaric invasion Venice, but do not wish for Austria to be involved.

Sultan of the Turkish Empire,

Dost the Pope not respondst to thy loyal servant's plea?

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Merry Xmas to all catholic factions.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Merry Chirstmas to all Players!

@shlin28,
    Nope, Rome is trying to make you all sad and annoyed by isolating you. Merry Xmas all! I won't be online for a fewdays now.

A Confused Asian Member Ayachuco's Avatar
    In the No Man's Land between Homelessness and abject Poverty

Correspondence from the Imperial Offices of Austria,

To the Exalted Sultan of the Ottoman Turks
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    We do not think highly of nations that threaten the duchy of Austria; either directly or indirectly. We have already begun an invasion of the Genoese held territory in Venetia as punishment for their snide remarks and indirectly threatening Austria. They thought we would stand by and watch them conquer Venetia and gain a nearby base to launch possible attacks at the underbelly of Austria. They, too, did not want Austrian involvement in their conquest of Venetia and will now pay dearly for their arrogance. They represent all that is the opposite of the Austrian people and the Germans for that matter. They even tried to sabotage our economy and the stability of the Holy Roman Empire by trying to persuade the German states to move the capital of the florin to Paris and they don't even use florins. How do we know they are not responsible in some way or played a part in the Augsburg Crisis?

Now you, Sultan of the Ottoman Empire, is also meddling in Austrian affairs in the Italian Penisula and is threatening us also. We never protested or said anything about your actions in the Aegean or Egypt/Afrika. The Afrikan Alliance is what Genoa is to us and you dare criticize our invasion when your actions are also invasive in everything but name. Yet, we never said anything about it nor have we made any threats against you. Do not think that you are our betters since you control Hungary. Perhaps, it is time for me to reconsider my relationship with the Afrikan Alliance and reclaim my status and rights as King of Hungary.

Ferdinand I
    Archduke of Austria
    King of Bohemia, Hungary, Croatia, and Slavonia
    King of the Romans and Heir to the Holy Roman Emperor
    Through the ages every weapon has evolved from two basic design philosophies, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

"We're not Communists, we're not pinko... we can't be, 'cause you pay to come and see us and we sell t-shirts at our gigs". Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At the Drive-In
    “I grew an afro. Not only did it make me cool, but it did wonders for my career. Oh, and I can get chicks now, too.” Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Open letter to the Ottoman Emperor

Emperor, you dare to demand the Alliance's surrender? Surely the experiences of brushing aside small disorganized tribes has made you lazy and complacent. The Alliance is a far stronger opponent than any opponent you have ever faced in Africa before. Furthermore, you demand that Genoa stop its 'barbaric' invasion of Venice, and yet you yourself bring an army to the door of the Alliance? You are nothing more than a snake-tongued hypocrite. We shall NOT surrender. We shall NOT give up our freedom. We shall NOT allow a traitorous warlord to rule over all of Africa and the Islamic world. On the contrary, it is YOU who should be accepting a ceasefire. It is YOU who shall eventually suffer defeat. It is YOU who will beg for mercy and forgiveness. However, any Ottoman troops that see the truth behind their Emperor are welcome to surrender, and shall be treated with the utmost care, of course.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Since The Sultanate of Ottoman Turkey isn't taken, can I choose them?

Whoa! You picked a hard nation there, Yes you may, I shall add you now.

I will add your decisions, and send you a PM with infomation concerning the Empire, there are a few things needed to discuss concerning it.

Alright thanks. Looks like I'm gonna get boned, this is my first participating in any Interactive History.

Blog Entries

Welcome aboard, Shogun! Looks like you and me are going to have ourselves a grand ol' time here.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

and the plot thickens....
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Shogun, your choices have been added, if any more maps are needed, please inform me (Thats to everyone else as well, I have heaps of them)

Seeing as most of Europe has a Currency, I am adding the Tugra as the Empire's currency. Russia, Poland and Swedens hall probably also get a new currency if wanted. Ichigo, please say (OC) what you prefer.

@Caius, I shall PM you that map requested now.

@everyone, expect a envoy from Genoa soon.

@Tiberius, True, I hope to heat stuff up for some of the more idle nations.

Caius, here are your maps:
    Map of the Rouen Teritory.

Map of the Siege of Rouen

Last edited by Baby Boomer; 12-28-2007 at 03:53.

Shogun, your choices have been added, if any more maps are needed, please inform me (Thats to everyone else as well, I have heaps of them)
    They are? Where? I didn't receive a PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun
    They are? Where? I didn't receive a PM.
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showp...0&postcount=51

Yours are at the bottom. The post is back on page two, so that's why you might've missed it.

Blog Entries

Hmm, a question just occured to me. Boomer, what's the value of the Dirham relative to the other currencies? It doesn't say.

The Dirham? I've never used the Dirham in this Interactive History, did I refer to it earlier?

The currency is as follows (For Played nations)
    Scotland: Pound Sterling
    Catholic Ireland: Pound Sterling
    Western France: Cruzcados
    Bavaria: Florins
    Austria: Florins
    Teutonic Order: Guilders
    African Alliance: Has none just yet, it depends whether the Tugra is used.
    Ottoman Empire: Tugra or (Florin/ Ducat)
    Russia: Guilders

I think everyone is included.

May I be the first to wish all Players a happy New Year.

@Shogun, You might want to read over the previous 3 Chapters to keep up to daate on the situation.

@Everyone Else, I was doing some thinking and have decided to expand the game in some areas, as I have noticed with other gams the focus is always on war. In the coming CHapters I will try to Play Off religion a bit more, somehow.

But the currency part I find interesting. Perhaps there could be several companies which own a certian share of a currency, and it is your job to buy them out (This can be done by soldiers as well) so you own the currency properly? What does everyone think of that, it would certianly spice up bits of the game other then military and religion.
    Last edited by Baby Boomer; 12-28-2007 at 11:02.

as long as the game doesnt get bogged down in too many details.When that happens, most of the time bad things follow.
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

Meh, I don't get why the African Alliance and the Ottomans are fighting, both fellow Muslims aren't they? I feel like the villain here.

correct me if im wrong, but the Ottomans were Sunni Muslims and the Africans were Shi'aa
    -Peter Green

Yeah, but I doubt they've been fighting each other at the time, it was a strong conflict, but I don't think it went as far as war until modern day.

Quote Originally Posted by Caius
    Merry Xmas to all catholic factions.
    Thank you.

~ The Bavarian people

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

A merry christmas and a happy new year from the good people of Ireland.

Don't think I'll mind if the game becomes more focussed on religion and trade (currency). As the small that I play, I already had to be careful not to attrack to much (military) attention. Nevertheless, military migth was and is still used frequently as leverage in international relations.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

I haven't done anything yet and I'm already the world's biggest threat.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I think my currency is wrong. I think it was Ecus. Or something like that.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

I'm very confused with this currency thing. Can somebody tell me the differences in number from Tugra to the rest?

Blog Entries

The African Alliance
    2) Set your Economic Capital. Your currency is currently the Dirham but it has no Economic Capital. Here is the list of possible places:
    (a) Choose one of the map.
    That's kinda what gave me the inkling that that I was using the Dirham.

I think the Tugra is most likely going to be the currency I will use, according to the info I've been getting.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shogun
    Meh, I don't get why the African Alliance and the Ottomans are fighting, both fellow Muslims aren't they? I feel like the villain here.
    Well, that would be because you ARE the villain here. You're the one bringing an army to invade me. I was just sitting over in my little corner of the world, minding my own business, when all of a sudden, I get word that the Ottomans are bringing an army with which to invade me. Now that wasn't very nice, now was it?

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast