Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Religious Wars - A Desperate World

Default Re: Religious Wars - A Desperate World

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    BTW great chapter Baby Boomer. I was surprised to find those Swedish ships completely empty. THIS CALLS FOR A SEARCH OF THE SHIPS. One question though can I commandeer the Swedish ships and put them to use for the Russian navy?
    Or are they empty...

If you so wish to, you may. They will be a valuable asset to the war, and contain much supplies. Sweden's decisions included either this afternoon or tomorrow. Tiberius of the Drake and Draco Leman (I think it was so) you have been noted for the requests of maps (Of the Polish situation) But probably won't come 'till after Info PM's.

Hasn't your countries any Calvinist/Lutheran minorities?
    This question was kindly answered by Peasant Phill but a Note to all; on the Front Page (First post of this thread) is three Maps (Europe, North Africa and most of The Ottoman Empire and Arabia) and a long list of Nations and Rules. After the Nations you will see either
    Catholic
    Lutheran
    Calvinist
    Islam
    After them, these are the major religions practised or allowed in this nation (All changeable through PM to me as is your Capital)

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Boomer
    Or are they empty...

If you so wish to, you may. They will be a valuable asset to the war, and contain much supplies. Sweden's decisions included either this afternoon or tomorrow. Tiberius of the Drake and Draco Leman (I think it was so) you have been noted for the requests of maps (Of the Polish situation) But probably won't come 'till after Info PM's.
    Yeah, can I have a round about number of how many ships I have in that harbor and how many Swedish ships are there? Also, a comparison of Sweden and my navy?

I'm kinda scared to burn them in case they're booby trapped and I doubt my ships could get out of there in time. Of course all the Swedish sailors could be hiding on the ships waiting to ambush my guys so it's going to be a tough decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

A Open Declaration from the Republiek of the Nederlands:

We, as a free Republic, currently posses much of the market and several overseas Colonies. We have a strong military system, as regarded by many capable of defeating even a Tercio, not quite Spanish anymore.

The Republiek wishes to inquire of the Heilige Roomse Rijk whether the oppurtunity of a Militaire Alliance is possilbe. If this is possible we'd also ask the same of the Duke's and King of the Prince Electors of the Imperial Diet.

We may consider the idea of a entry into Imperial poltics, such as admission as a member state but we need to know tersm firsthand.

Ondertekening,
    De zeven Staten van Holland,

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

King Jan III Sobieski; Here is a large map of the lands of Bavaria. It includes of Dortmund - Essen to Trier, and then to Mannheim and east to Augsburg and Munich.

Banned ELITEofWARMANGINGERYBREADMEN88's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am a sensible man. All I asked for was an apology from the Swedish King for his actions. When it was apparent that he had refused my generous offer I decided that the only other course of action was war. You may look down upon my decision to invade Finland, but I was not going to wait for the Swedish king to attack me first. I have my country and my peoples best interests in mind and if that means striking the first blow then so be it.

BTW great chapter Baby Boomer. I was surprised to find those Swedish ships completely empty. THIS CALLS FOR A SEARCH OF THE SHIPS. One question though can I commandeer the Swedish ships and put them to use for the Russian navy?

Search our ships if you dare, Dear Tzar, but the Swedish People will not toerlate any more Russian Action toward our people!

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

This is an open message of Western France to the Republique of Corso.
    It is well know that your nation is free. We respect all the clauses being the people of Western Europe catholics.

Now, the people of Corso must learn that Eastern France isnt being attacked now. If we would want to, we could unleash the army and fight for our ideals. But such thing isn't going to happen now.

The allies of my enemies are my enemies. This mean we should we starting to write a formal declaration of war against the Free Republic of Corso. But we do not want such a thing. No sir.

Now, if your nation wants to fight ours, you are in the whole right to declare war. We do not want such a thing. But if has to happen, then don't delay it.

Every nation will receive a proposal of end of war against Eastern France very soon. We consider that fighting has been done.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Still... no pound market

An Open Statement to the Kingdom of Sweden:

The Duchy of Bavaria wishes to extend its hand in friendship.

The Chapter is updated with The Kingdom of Sweden's options. Next Chapter A Second Vote may be set up to sort out the oppurtunity of a Lutheran Papal State. THis will be sorted between those who are Lutheran and submit their King's names and city submitted. The City will have a portion cut off and declared Holy Ground where a Lutheran 'Pope' will rule. There is now a Pound Market. Info Pm's going out soon. Need a bit more talk here!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by King Jan III Sobieski
    An Open Statement to the Kingdom of Sweden:

The Duchy of Bavaria wishes to extend its hand in friendship.

The Kingdom of Sweden Accpects the Allaince Offer of the Bavarians

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

A musician sets up a stage at the market in Wicklow. He raises a board with drawings no doubt to support his song. The drawings include the blockade by sea, a villages surrendering to the advancing Catholic army, the siege of Dublin and a burning treaty. In the centre of the board is a seemingly undecisive silhouette. A considerable crowd had gathered before the musician was done with his preparations. A deliberate cough and the fiddle music began.

The cathy tune and the mocking wit of the lyrics got the crowd to sing along with the chorus almost right away. The musician sung about the hard relations between Anglican Ireland and Catholic Ireland since the beginning of 1450. The blockading of the Dublin harbour, the unhindered march of the Catholic army towards Dublin, the unchallenged sieging of Dublin and the unanswered treaty proposed by King Gerald I.
    After every verse the still swelling crowd sung the chorus which was a jest at the expense of there anonymous leader. How he rather stayed hidden than to protect his people and lead them towards peace.

Afterwards, the lyrics were sold to those who were interested. But every man and woman left with the current political situation on there mind and the idea that there lord perhaps didn't have there best interest at heart.

The musician grinned as he left the market towards another suitable place to earn his living. Perhaps he could even have a political impact he thought. A revolt can start and spread quickly in a situation like this. If not that than the unrest may as well force there 'fearless' leader to at least make a move, be it diplomatic or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Open Statement from Sultan Achmed of the African Alliance:

During the course of the last few months, the African Alliance deemed it neccessary to end the interference to our society and economy posed by the Timbuktu Trading Company. However, it seems that some of the renegades may have escaped and are attempting to flee the country. I hereby officially demand that any ruler who's forces encounter such renegades hand them back over to the African Alliance.

To any renegades who are attempting to flee: if you turn back and return to your homes, you shall be treated humanely, and offered clemency in additon. However, if you continue to attempt to escape and cause trouble for the Alliance, then we shall have no choice but to punish you harshly.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

One easily trifled with Member Target Champion Motep's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kamikhaan
    Open Statement from Sultan Achmed of the African Alliance:

During the course of the last few months, the African Alliance deemed it neccessary to end the interference to our society and economy posed by the Timbuktu Trading Company. However, it seems that some of the renegades may have escaped and are attempting to flee the country. I hereby officially demand that any ruler who's forces encounter such renegades hand them back over to the African Alliance.

To any renegades who are attempting to flee: if you turn back and return to your homes, you shall be treated humanely, and offered clemency in additon. However, if you continue to attempt to escape and cause trouble for the Alliance, then we shall have no choice but to punish you harshly.
    Your rebels will find no home in Spain, should they choose to flee. If they are sighted by any in Soain, they are to be turned over to the authorities, and from there to the African Alliance, to be treated at their discretion. I will post discriptions of the ringleaders to my officers abroad. Hopefully, may your rebels be brought peacefully to their homes, and this matter averted.

To the light of the world, my son, Phillip, has died in the recent war on the portuguese front. I bear no emnity for the portuguese, as he promised to be a weak and lackluster ruler, though he was devout in his faith. Upon my death, I will leave my throne and all other titles to my nephew, Maximillian.

-Charles I
    Last edited by Motep; 02-22-2008 at 04:21.
    TosaInu shall never be forgotten.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

PICK ME! PICK ME!

BTW: BB any ETA on the Information PMs?
    Last edited by Csargo; 02-22-2008 at 04:11.

PICK ME! PICK ME!

BTW: BB any ETA on the Information PMs?
    No! Bad Ivan!

Quote Originally Posted by Motep
    No! Bad Ivan!
    ~:'(

A Message from the Stato Pontificio:

We wish to offer our condolences to the Impero spagnolo, and its King, Charles. Though Philipp may have been a ineffective ruler I am sure he was a devout Cattolica and hoped only for good in this world.

We wish you succes and a more succesful term of reign.

We also want to congratulate the Zar di tutte le Russie upon his war with Sweden. There people within Svezia, and its Re, are completely heretic and such thing is punishable. You follow the right faith, Ivan.

Stato Pontificio,

Ichigo; I make no excuse's and simply say 'The week has been long.'

Just a reminder to everyone. Voting in the .Org Hall of Fame has offically started and will offically end soon. I urge you to vote for whoever; as long as you vote. ( Good to get more people around the Chapter House. From I've seen there appears to be a limited amount of Players, and some who occasionally visit.)
    Last edited by Baby Boomer; 02-22-2008 at 08:06.

That's fine I was just making sure you remembered :P

I've already got my Orders written up was just waiting for the Information PMs in case I need to change something.

Blog Entries

Baby boomer, my little write-up in the beginning of this week was a subtle push to get you to state an answer to my treaty proposal.

P.S. the I haven't seen the pound market.
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Move along. Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Caius; 02-22-2008 at 23:23.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

OOC:Im not sure what to do....Phillip was 13 in 1540...and so was Maximillian. Ah well, we could just say that he was there to learn, and was killed in an ambush. Yeah...

Oh wait! This means that Maximillian hasnt married his cousin yet! I suppose we could yet circumvent that blemish on the genes of the hapsburg family...

Oh yes! It appears the they are related to everybody....Including me. It appears that Good old charles here is a great whatever uncle. (I am related to Napolean from some way or another, but I am still related to his second wife. She is a direct descendant of Francis I, played by Draco) My relation is by the marriage of my aunt, so I dont (as far as I know of) share their blood. My step brothers, having their mother being the cousin to my uncle, are descendents. Fortunately, it is the aunt of my fathers side, and of my step father's ex-wife, so the wired relations are not on the same side.

Here is a couple of happy little trees tellin the tale.

EDIT: I wonder how many thousands, or maybe even more can also claim this....

Last edited by Motep; 02-23-2008 at 00:51.

A Declaration from the State of Anglican Ireland:

We shall accept no peace treaty of yours, FitzGerald! We have many more cards yet to play; let it be known. We shall not give in to your biased demands. Demands favouring you evermore. We would rather curl up and die from starvation; still loyal to our faith then give in to demands which are sour and turn to a diffrent faith.

When our last card is played we will even think of it; for now, I suggest you prepare.

The State of Anglican Ireland,

Quite a interesting family history there Motep; I can't trace my family history back further then my grandfather so your very lucky. Maybe you should rename yourself Motep Habspurg?

The deadline is pushed back to the 30th I mean 1st...

Blog Entries

We wished we could answer you with the same vigour, alas you refuse to give your name even to most of your supporters. And you still claim royal souverinity, working in the shadows while others starve and die for there faceless leader.

Our demands weren't biased. The treay would've given you and the Anglicans in Ireland more influence and security than when We would acknowledge Aglican Ireland as a souverein country. The King of the Scots can confirm this.
    But this discussion is apparently redundant as you've clearly never had any inention to come to an agreement with Us. You've delayed every answer to my questions or propositions to the last possible moment. Always demanding the impossible, never agreeing to anything. Even when you were forced to find a solution, you did nothing. Let me say We are unimpressed with the cards you've played so far and We doubt We'll be impressed with the ace up your sleeve.

Still, We are not looking for a bloodbath. If any other Irish Anglican leader can muster enough support to speak for the Irish Anglicans, We would be glad to offer him the same treaty as before.

Signed by,

King Gerald I
    Of the house of FitzGerald,
    Rí na hÉireann
    By grace of God

Nascent Veteran Member Tiberius of the Drake's Avatar

im still waiting for an info pm...
    "Something can be done, by careful analysis, to sort out truth from propaganda and legend. But this is where the real difficulties begin, since each student inevitably selects, constitutes criteria, according to his own unconscious assumptions, social, ethical or political. Moral conditioning, in the widest sense, plays a far greater part in the matter than most people- especially the historians themselves-ever realize."
    -Peter Green

A Message from the Stato Pontificio:

We wish to offer our condolences to the Impero spagnolo, and its King, Charles. Though Philipp may have been a ineffective ruler I am sure he was a devout Cattolica and hoped only for good in this world.

We wish you succes and a more succesful term of reign.

We also want to congratulate the Zar di tutte le Russie upon his war with Sweden. There people within Svezia, and its Re, are completely heretic and such thing is punishable. You follow the right faith, Ivan.

Stato Pontificio
    The Herzog of Bavaria is extraordinarily displeased (althought not surprised) by the Bishop of Rome's stance in Sweden's war with Russia. Tsar Ivan, I would remind you that the state with which you've allied yourself was also the state which did nothing when your religion's great city - Constantinopolos - fell to the infidel Turks in 1453. It was also the same state which initiated the sacking of your orthodox churches and monastaries in so many ill-planned and misguided crusades. I would urge you to reconsider - stand down, pull back from Sweden, and all will be forgotten.

Albrecht V., Herzog von Bayern
    Last edited by King Jan III Sobieski; 02-26-2008 at 01:11.

Quote Originally Posted by King Jan III Sobieski
    The Herzog of Bavaria is extraordinarily displeased (althought not surprised) by the Bishop of Rome's stance in Sweden's war with Russia. Tsar Ivan, I would remind you that the state with which you've allied yourself was also the state which did nothing when your religion's great city - Constantinopolos - fell to the infidel Turks in 1453. It was also the same state which initiated the sacking of your orthodox churches and monastaries in so many ill-planned and misguided crusades. I would urge you to reconsider - stand down, pull back from Sweden, and all will be forgotten.

Albrecht V., Herzog von Bayern
    The Tsar laughs at Duke Alvrecht's speech.

Am I supposed to listen to you talk about Constantinople and my religion, when you are going against your own religion's leader? I have done nothing wrong the Swedish were the aggressor's here, not I. I will teach the Swedish King some humility, which he has obviously never been taught or has forgotten. Either way I could careless.

Tsar Ivan IV

Blog Entries

The Tsar laughs at Duke Alvrecht's speech.

Am I supposed to listen to you talk about Constantinople and my religion, when you are going against your own religion's leader? I have done nothing wrong the Swedish were the aggressor's here, not I. I will teach the Swedish King some humility, which he has obviously never been taught or has forgotten. Either way I could careless.

Tsar Ivan IV

Tsar Ivan IV,

Me Humility? Do not Worry, I will teach you some. Russia is to agressive in the world, and the Swedish Armies will put a end to it!

Quote Originally Posted by {BHC}AntiWarmanCake88
    Tsar Ivan IV,

Me Humility? Do not Worry, I will teach you some. Russia is to agressive in the world, and the Swedish Armies will put a end to it!
    Hardly, I haven't done anything towards any other nation only the one who provoked me. That's hardly aggressive.

All Info Pm's have been sent out. I am sure you've all received them. Under the History of the Game every Chapter is also a list of all the Maior Wars active and their status (Minor, Normal, Major, Civil) with Attacker/Defender and then a number. Lower the number the worse the Attacker is doing (This is rated by losses)

We may also have a 12th Player amongst us soon depending; after that no more. A limit needs to be reached(Any more and I might collaspe from exhuastion every Chapter).

In the Mead Hall there is also the next Chapter of my novel The Alternate World War One. So far 36 Pages long if you want a long good read check it out.
    Last edited by Baby Boomer; 02-28-2008 at 09:42.

All Info Pm's have been sent out. I am sure you've all received them. Under the History of the Game every Chapter is also a list of all the Maior Wars active and their status (Minor, Normal, Major, Civil) with Attacker/Defender and then a number. Lower the number the worse the Attacker is doing (This is rated by losses)
    I don't see this anywhere.

A Notice from the Imperial Diet:

Let it be known that the capital of the Lutheran religion is to be set up. Please nominate yourself for this if you want to be considered. You shall have the same status of Pope, Holy Roman Emperor and Head of the Chruch of England.

Sweden and Brandenburg has already been nominated. The Holy Roman Empire, Papal States nor any Catholic or Anglican country can be nominated. Everyone shall vote though.

It is there now. Some names might be hard to read and will update it (Maybe) with native names. Depending. Nothing missed out?

Deadline pushed back to the 4th. Understanding that I may have been a bit too strict with deadlines beforehand.

Continue with your international bickering

Also note that the nation which I am currently representing is part of the Holy Roman Empire. The Election of Lutheran leader shall be held next Chapter; if your country is Lutheran you may nominate yourself or others may. Then a Poll will be set up and person voted for. (Similar to Emperor elections.) I'm sure they're are no questions.)

Also the leader shall be 'Pope' but in native language. (I know in Italian Pope means Papa so I will entered word Pope for other language. (Paus, Pape, Papst, påve)

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast