Thread: Crusades all era

Default Crusades all era

It has all the factions of mtw and the balance is proper.

Why does the community not move to it? If it is the era which is the problem we can set a "no guns" rule and play as if it was high era.

Community has an interpreting problem?

Senior Member Senior Member Tomisama's Avatar

Default Re: Crusades all era

Time to experiment with all of the possibilities provided by Kingdoms has been hard to come by. As far as the Clan Wars Competition was concerned, we just grabbed Teutonic for our first contest, because it had more playable factions.

The Crusades was in the administrative discussion, and will probably be our next Kingdoms contest event. But at the time that we were discussing it, I am not sure that we even understood what use “All Era” might have for anyone.

We all need explorers like yourself to investigate and show us the way
    Thanks Kyolic!

http://clanwars3540.yuku.com/directory
    Last edited by Tomisama; 12-15-2007 at 16:47.
    HONOUR IS VICTORY - GO WITH HONOUR - KEEP THE CODE

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198003816474

No guns???? LOL!!! Guns suck in kingdoms? People make rules and statement before they know their reason.
    All eras is better because it has more factions what is bette with high?

Quote Originally Posted by Lupu
    No guns???? LOL!!! Guns suck in kingdoms? People make rules and statement before they know their reason.

If that is directed towards me I said "If it is the era which is the problem we can set a "no guns" rule and play as if it was high era". I did not say we should play with "no guns" rule because I think guns suck in Kingdoms. It is the community which does not like late era not me.

If it is not directed towards me then try and make them move to Crusades instead of playing the broken balance vanilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Lupu
    All eras is better because it has more factions what is bette with high?
    If you mean why it is better than mtw, it is better because mtw factions unit stats are balanced different than vanilla and they make sense.

If you do not mean that, please state in a different way so that it is clear to understand.
    Last edited by Wolf_Kyolic; 12-15-2007 at 18:14.

Tomi when you choose All Era in Kingdoms the game turns into MTW2 + the factions of Crusades. However stats are proper this time. The only gap is that (for me its not a gap where balance is good) the guns of late era are available for selection but if people insist playing on high era you set a "no guns" rule and the game turns into high era.

This would mean having a MTW2 with a proper balance.

I really do not understand how people prefer to stay on broken balance mtw2 vanilla where it is possible to play a proper balance mtw2 on Crusades. May be it is because they like broken balance tw better. A trend that settled with Rome.

It is obviously ready there. Just logon to Crusades, select all era and you have mtw2 with proper balance plus the factions of Crusades.

Thats what i posted about in CCS forums, in the first poll moste votes were for crusadses-all eras, in the second most said 1.2/1.3.
    The reson is that the community prefers high era because its high era(pointless) because theyre noobs(no, but they like fewer units because than its not so much effort in unit choosing(what i mean with noobs) andsome factions become more OP than before, so they can win with chosing factions, the battles in 1.2 are like chosing an army with most OP units and clicking everything running in the middle of enemy army, and youll win)

the community just likes bad balance, i dont know why, theyre just stupid(my approximate unitil someone sais why)

Well at this point I feel like moving away from the game. I refuse to play the vanilla and I thought the reason for the community to not to play Kingdoms was that it was seperated into four different games but now I see that (your polls is the proof) the main reason is different. They like the game this way and when we say "they" we are talking about old and well respected clans as well. I cannot be bothered with one trick pony vanilla mtw sorry. Let them enjoy it.

Most people don't have kingdoms, thats also a reason

I'd better borrow a vi cd-key from someone (cannot find mine) and install samwars mod.

Well, on kingdoms its boring, nearly only cojot plays there and im sick of clanintern games, but I also refuse to play vanilla(balance :()

Well I refuse to play a game that deliberately, fully ignores the needs and wished of the entire multiplayer community. I cannot explain why else CA made all these mistakes.... again.

I haven't played tw in like 4 months now and I don't intend to start playing again til Empires... And if empires isn't as good as promised it's time to say good bye I guess

Denali this time it is not only CA but the community as well. A good balance MTW is available there in Crusades but people refuse to play it.

Yes well let me rephrase: I don't expect a game to be perfect right when it comes out. But I expect a bug and lagfree game by no later than.. lets say.. 6 months? And by bug free I don't mean things like "princesses can now also negotiate".

You are right about kingdoms though but to be honest I don't resent (the major part) of the community for not buying kingdoms. There was something like a 30-pages thread about bugs in vanilla and it continued after the 1.1 patch and then after the 1.2 patch. This is free stuff for CA right there. We are like beta-testers and we don't even ask for money. But even asking to fix these things seems to be to much. I just don't understand it.

When I look at games like Company of Heroes or World in Conflict which have tons of great mp features and then look back at tw... its just sad.
    Even 5 or 6 years old Age of Mythology (I used to play that a lot) has friend lists, quick-match features, lots of balanced maps and a very decent mp support. This games has way more to offer than tw ever had.

Unfortunately there is no real alternative besides total war. Otherwise I would've left a few weeks after BI came out.

And eventually something positive: Despite all the bugs, the lack of support, the lag and CA's dourness I still enjoyed rome, BI and medieval (and VI but I only played that a few times and wasn't really into the community back then). But the famous longer-term fun is just not possible without at least a bit of support.

edit: Oh and one last thing: If the next (and final) patch that has been announced lately fixes the 4 .exe problem and adds some decent balanced maps I might start playing again... But until then.. why should I wait in the kingdoms lobby for 2 hours in order to find somebody to play one single game that probably crash anyway?
    Last edited by Denali; 12-16-2007 at 17:54.

Wolf_NimbleNota Member NimbleNota's Avatar

things like "princesses can now also negotiate".
    lol, be even funnier if it were not so true, CA could not gtive two shits about MP, but who can blame them right no $$$ in it.

The reason that they dont get much money for MP is that they make it bad, its an evil circle...

Senior Member Senior Member Cheetah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf_Kyolic
    Community has an interpreting problem?
    Well, the community is AFAIK is dead.

The problem is that after so many disappointment no one takes the effort to try Kingdoms. RTW was a failure, MTW2 vanilla was a failure. We had many old players coming back and leaving soon after they found out the sorry state of affairs. Why would they come back the 3rd time?
    Also, the basic game always have more ppl. Shougn and MTW, RTW had more ppl than MI, VI or BI (despite that fact that for example BI is much better than RTW). That is the same for MTW2, not to mention the fact that it has 4 (!) EP splitting up further the available ppl.
    Lional of Cornwall
    proud member of the Round Table Knights

"If you wish to weaken the enemy's sword, move first, fly in and cut!" - Ueshiba Morihei O-Sensei