Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Lack of Information

Default Re: Lack of Information

A strategy game like TW, with our current technology, can't expect sales like GTA, no matter how well designed. However reaching out to the mainstream means more sales which (you hope) means more money can be invested in later editions. The problem is going "mainstream" can have consequences. A lot of people here love EB, but its a niche game. What would you rather have, a game that takes a lot of intellgence to play, or a game that has loads of money dumped into it but is dumbed down so everyone can play it?

I'd rather have a FOSS Battle simulation game, so that modder's efforts don't get wasted and commercial annoyances can be removed.

Then various spins would occur, catering to historical accuracy, fun playability & vareity (includes cool fantasy units). Furthermore as engine improves all the time periods would get updated to. No need to artificially freeze ancient battle version, because a different period is required to obtain revenue.

I'd probably prefer the more intelligent game, unless it's too smart for me
    to understand the slightest bit .

Quote Originally Posted by Severus
    A strategy game like TW, with our current technology, can't expect sales like GTA, no matter how well designed. However reaching out to the mainstream means more sales which (you hope) means more money can be invested in later editions. The problem is going "mainstream" can have consequences. A lot of people here love EB, but its a niche game. What would you rather have, a game that takes a lot of intellgence to play, or a game that has loads of money dumped into it but is dumbed down so everyone can play it?
    Simplicity in control does not necessarily mean "dumbed down". If "mortal combat" with its fancy pain-in-the-butt controls can go mainstream, any game with the right "feel" can do it.

I think epic lifelike battles are very appealing to the mainstream. Look at Braveheart, The Patriot, etc.

The problem is in control, feel, and appearance. You may be correct that current technology isn't ready yet. But it can happen without sacrificing your intellect.
    "Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds." -Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    The Backroom is the Crackroom.

So it's may and we are still stuck with wallpapers and faq's how exciting. GUess I'll see you all again in june for more of the same. Way to excite the fans CA.

So, we had that CGI teaser clip, which really was pretty teasing :P and we had the interview of the stuntmen performing for the game, and then the most interesting bit about AI, a nice change from pictures all in all, but, when're we going to get something a bit more chewy on proper land battles, like something new with the terrain, something about moral, or general's guard and stuff........?
    Last edited by rajpoot; 07-04-2008 at 11:59.

The horizon is nothing save the limit of our sight.

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would wait for another 3 or so months before getting anything really awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Luckily my good man, I am awesome and I am already here.

I may upload myself to youtube, so you can be impressed with my bump mappings.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345