Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ZOMBIES!!

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: ZOMBIES!!

Location: Some location with high walls and thick doors able to hold off zombies, far from population centers in a mountainous regions. Hopefully with a nice ski resort nearby.

Times: Modern.

Weapon(s): Barret M468 in 6.8mm caliber, or maybe just the FN SCAR in .223, since that ammo is much more plentiful.
    A longsword and CZ-75 for up close and personal.

I think we have to remember fighting against zombies is not the same as normal infantry combat. Body shots (.50 BMG excluded) are not effective, so head shots are the way to go. And that means a light, accurate bullet - no point in 7.62 rounds when a .223 will make a head shot just as well and weighs less, so more ammo can be carried.

Music: Jesus is just Alright by the Doobie Brothers; Gimme Shelter by the Stones ; Ready, Steady, Go ; The Planets: Mars, Bringer of War.

Would you want to waste your entire clip on a few zombies? I think not.
    I think anyone with a weapon that has a clip is doomed.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Time: Modern winter. Weapons get better, Zombies don't.

Location: A little house in Siberia. The zombies will simply all freeze, and I can go outside and shoot them in the head one by one. Of course, the house would be heated and stocked with food. A lot of food.

Weapons: Accuracy International AW, Barrett M82, Desert Eagle (big bullets), bricks. A lot of bricks and mortar. I could build a wall. If 99.95 of the human population were zombies, they obviously wouldn't be good for conversation or putting out new video games, so I'd take my girlfriend, unless she was a zombie, in which case I'd just build a wall. A man's gotta have something to do.

Music: Thriller, Master of Puppets, all the Lenny Kravitz I can steal from the now-zombified music store owners, and Eric Clapton.

Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae
    Number one rule of zombies: A single shot to the brain kills it. This is why a single bullet from a rifle (even something as crappy as a .22) is better than an automatic weapon. Would you want to waste your entire clip on a few zombies? I think not.
    It depends on the type of zombie, if it's the animated corpse type then the brain is non functional anyway and the creature can still attack while headless. The post nuclear mutant zombie might be more vulnerable to this. The safest method is to explode the creature into fragments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kekvit Irae
    And another thing... anyone who blares out music while fighting is destined to be the first to die. Wearing earphones dulls the senses, and using a megaphone or speaker attracts more unwanted company.
    I disagree entirely. Playing the first verse of Black Lace's "Agadoo" has been known to cause zombie and zombie like creatures to spontaneously explode. The downside is that the attacker must wear ear mufflers when deploying otherwise they may become deranged.
    Quote Originally Posted by Husar
    In that case they would also survive normal explosives, a nuclear bomb isn't just about radiation, it's rather hot and has a big blast radius.
    No, the zombies in the vicinity of the blasts would be destroyed but those only within the radius of the fallout would not as radiation would only seriously effect the living. I agree it would be effective at clearing your immediate region but it would also make the surrounding area uninhabitable for you and not for the zombies.
    Quote Originally Posted by drone
    Hence my choice of the Barrett. Nothing minor about the size of it's perforations, plus the extreme range allows you to score headshot after headshot on the slow moving (and non-dodging) horde from a distance.
    While the Barrett is an highly effective long rage sniper rifle, a head shot would be useless as the creature would continue headless. Also they would soon sight your position and move in for the kill.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rodion Romanovich
    But ranged weapons remove the entire cool factor from the zoombie slaughtering
    The cool factor does usually not involve being overwhelmed and eaten alive. I must refer you to the typical classic zombie movie: The big guy with the swords/chainsaw/shotgun with 2 rounds/assault rifle with half a magazine that tells the others to go on while he holds them off... he usually clutches a granade and utters a last cliched line before the big bang. Do you still want to be the melee weapons "hero"?
    Last edited by caravel; 01-22-2008 at 00:05.

Arena Senior Member Crazed Rabbit's Avatar
    Blog Entries

While the Barrett is an highly effective long rage sniper rifle, a head shot would be useless as the creature would continue headless.
    Sir, I know not of what beast you speak of, but I do know you are not talking of zombies! It is a well known scientific fact that zombies are neutralized when the head is removed or the brain destroyed.

CR
    Ja Mata, Tosa.

The poorest man may in his cottage bid defiance to all the forces of the Crown. It may be frail; its roof may shake; the wind may blow through it; the storm may enter; the rain may enter; but the King of England cannot enter – all his force dares not cross the threshold of the ruined tenement! - William Pitt the Elder

place and time: good for zombie slaughter

weapons: Full plate armor and sniper rifle, couple 9mm pistols + a good polearm

song: What a wonderful World
    Ja Mata Tosainu Sama.

Ranting madman of the .org Senior Member Fly Shoot Champion, Helicopter Champion, Pedestrian Killer Champion, Sharpshooter Champion, NFS Underground Champion Rhyfelwyr's Avatar

Weapon: Flamethrower
    Song: Johnny Cash, Ring of Fire
    At the end of the day politics is just trash compared to the Gospel.

Location: The Thin Pass in Sparta (The place in the movie 300). Cuz their numbers don't count.

When: Anytime

Weapons: A sword and a a million javilin spears, to go Spartan on their zombie ass.

Song: Let the Bodies hit the Floor - By: Drowning Pool

YAHHHH!!!!!
    "I thought CA was unarmed? Unless he got some samurai swords or something... I only got some rocks and some sticks." Shlin in BR realizing he has no weapons what so ever.

Where: In ur bunkr, chewin on ur brainz!
    When: Immediately post-infection.
    Time Period: Time period? Who cares.. I'm hungry!
    Weapons: Teeth, and hordes of like-minded corpses.
    Song: Eat It! - Wierd Al

Heh.. yeah. Otherwise:

Where: Remote and abandoned Oil Platform.
    When: After sealing all entry points.
    Time Period: Present day.
    Weapons: AK-47 (with lots and lots of ammo), a Cricket/Baseball Bat, and a Cavalry Sabre.
    Song: Funeral of Queen Mary - Henry Purcell

Oh yus.
    When Adam delved and Eve span, Who was then the gentleman? From the beginning all men by nature were created alike, and our bondage or servitude came in by the unjust oppression of naughty men. For if God would have had any bondsmen from the beginning, he would have appointed who should be bound, and who free. And therefore I exhort you to consider that now the time is come, appointed to us by God, in which ye may (if ye will) cast off the yoke of bondage, and recover liberty. - John Ball

Keeper of the Pax Romanum Member TruePraetorian's Avatar

Where: In a giant spiked bulletproof gerbile ball. The food would be algae grown on the walls that I would lick off, the water would come from the condensation. I couldn't get sunburned because of the algae grease (its a super algae that grows at astonishingly high rates and would have protein and taste like steak).

When: All year baby, the super algae has very high insulation propertys in the winter months and in the summer keeps out the heat.

Weapon: The ball and other assorted primitive weapons made from hardened super algae. A bow string can be made also if you wet it and twist it for a day (holds the propertys of sinew)

Music: Put you on the game by The Game
    The Gods envy us.

They envy us because we are mortal, because any moment might be our last.
    Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed.
    You will never be lovlier than you are now.

We will never be here again.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When: Present day is fine.

Where: A nice shelter that's far underground, preferably packed with enough food, water, and video game systems (plus electricity) to last several decades. Oh, and beautiful women won't hurt either.

Weapon: Commands for the world's various nuclear arsenals would be nice.

Music: 1812 Overture.

"Serious" one to come.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When: About four months from now.

Where: The island of Tristan da Cunha. Nice and isolated, plus, only a few hundred people.

Weapons: Flamethrower, with lots of napalm, and a katana for backup.

Music: Iron Man, by Black Sabbath.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 01-22-2008 at 02:30.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Place - a wide open plain with a small mound in the centre for me to stand on. Maybe somewhere in Antarctica, after global warming has made it nice and warm. And all the zombies in the world have gathered.

Time - now

Weapon/s - A brilliant and absurd minigun with infinite ammo. Plus a chainsaw. With mini chainsaws attached on either side for pushing through crowds.

Music - I'm walking on Sunshine. I love singing along to that while committing carnage in games, why should real life be any different?

That would be a good larf.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeus Caesar
    Weapon/s - A brilliant and absurd minigun with infinite ammo.
    That's not very realistic

Nobody Important Member Somebody Else's Avatar

Half-brick in a stocking. Who needs anything more?

And for music... Jingle Bells

When? Christmas - goes with the stocking and the jingle. Plus, I might get pressies!

*edit* Could substitute my mother's christmas pudding for the half-brick...
    Don't have any aspirations - they're doomed to fail.

Rumours...

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by caravel
    The cool factor does usually not involve being overwhelmed and eaten alive. I must refer you to the typical classic zombie movie: The big guy with the swords/chainsaw/shotgun with 2 rounds/assault rifle with half a magazine that tells the others to go on while he holds them off... he usually clutches a granade and utters a last cliched line before the big bang. Do you still want to be the melee weapons "hero"?
    Grenade? Bah, that's cheating! As for telling the others to go, no way, it's no good splitting up too much when outnumbered.
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

The Black Senior Member Papewaio's Avatar

Cool Re: ZOMBIES!!

Weapons:
    The stock weapon from gears of war would be useful. Assualt rifle with a chainsaw bayonet.
    Sidearm: Handflamer from 40k
    Melee: Lightsaber or a silver handled stake (useful for Vampires and Werewolves).

Music:
    Losing my Religion by REM

Time:
    Would it matter?
    Our genes maybe in the basement but it does not stop us chosing our point of view from the top.
    Quote Originally Posted by Louis VI the Fat
    Pape for global overlord!!
    Quote Originally Posted by English assassin
    Squid sources report that scientists taste "sort of like chicken"
    Quote Originally Posted by frogbeastegg View Post
    The rest is either as average as advertised or, in the case of the missionary, disappointing.

Master Procrastinator Member TevashSzat's Avatar

Time Modern Obviously

Place Small island in the middle of nowhere

Weapons Ah, where will I start? First, I have schools of zombie flesh eating piranahs around the island.

Then, An outer island ring that is rigged with mines and autotargetting turrets

The inner sea will actually be a highly flammable swamp like area that can be lit on fire if the above defences are breached.

100 foot tall electrified and reinforced wall is naturally there.

Followed by rigged explosives inside the wall.

I will be in a bunker whose door is one of those blast doors that can stand large bombs and stuff.

If you get past the door, you must get through a labrynth filled with various mines/traps/auto turrets

And then another maze containing I don't know, some flammable gas such as white phosphorus?

And finally, another I don't know 7 blast doors before the zombies finally reach me.

Overkill? I don't think so
    "I do not know what I may appear to the world; but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the seashore, and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me." - Issac Newton

Lesbian Rebel Member Mikeus Caesar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony
    That's not very realistic
    It could be done. Just have a small bunker under my mound full of ammo, and some contraption that keeps feeding me the ammo. Then i just have to spin round and round, blasting into the undead hordes.

And then get my chainsaw and go die gloriously to the greatest music of all time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranika
    I'm being assailed by a mental midget of ironically epic proportions. Quick as frozen molasses, this one. Sharp as a melted marble. It's disturbing. I've had conversations with a braying mule with more coherence.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

On top of a building with a high powered rifle with a scope and maybe a couple of pistols just in case
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

A Confused Asian Member Ayachuco's Avatar
    In the No Man's Land between Homelessness and abject Poverty

Quote Originally Posted by kamikhaan
    Music: Iron Man, by Black Sabbath.
    Oh, hell yeah! Except I would have a mental breakdown and start laughing, snickering, screaming, and shooting in time to the intro guitar riff.
    "Has he lost his mind"...(yeah, I have)..."Vengeance from the grave kills the people he once saved"...(didn't know I was saving people)..."Nobody helps him now he has his revenge."...(That's right).

Anywhere I happen to be but since I don't have a cache of weapons laying around, I would have to assume I could go anywhere I want and have guns and ammo magically appear whenever I needed it. Personally I would like to go to the Bermudas since that's one of the few places you can wear knee-high socks and shorts. For impractical reasons and fun, I would go and commander a trailer and go cruising the country and do battle with the zombie horde of Democrats (Thanky Mr. Colbert and Sorry Beirut and BKS...I couldn't help myself).

Weapons:
    I want something portable so I guess a carbine version of assault rifles and scoped rifles with the the butt end having two holes hollowed out so I can stuff more ammo and a fire starting kit. I don't know what to do about ammo but I hope I can go to Mexico and find those green ammo cases like in Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter. Short ranged?...hmmm...I'm just going to go with a TV or something I can find along the way like in Dead Rising or maybe a lead pipe in Condemned: Criminal Origins. Maybe some grenades and explosives wouldn't hurt either since I'm "TNT, I'm DYNAMITE"...(Man, I love that sound effect in Wolfenstein: ET).

Music:
    Like I said, If I'm down to one last grenade I would like the chorus from TNT - AC/DC playing in the background cause "I'm TNT, I'm DYNAMITE (pull the pin)...(waiting for it)...TNT, Watch Me EXPLODE!!!" For the rest of my last time on the face of this planet I would like to listen to "Black Hole Sun" by Soundgarden and remember those fake plastics people.

Time Period:
    I want it NOW!!! Right now!!! Or maybe tomorrow...I'm kinda tired.
    Through the ages every weapon has evolved from two basic design philosophies, either a rock or a sharp pointy stick.

"We're not Communists, we're not pinko... we can't be, 'cause you pay to come and see us and we sell t-shirts at our gigs". Cedric Bixler-Zavala of At the Drive-In
    “I grew an afro. Not only did it make me cool, but it did wonders for my career. Oh, and I can get chicks now, too.” Omar Rodriguez-Lopez

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Time: Now's fine. I have an English Final in half an hour that I wouldn't mind being delayed.

Weapons: Marlin 30-30 lever action rifle with a 4x scope, Remington 870 pump action shotgun, and a melee weapon. All of which is conveniently in my house at the moment.

Music: Punk and Pop-Punk such as Green Day, Bowling for Soup, Bouncing Souls, Jettingham, Dropkick Murphy's, and occasionally switching to stuff like Gospel and "What a wonderful world" because it's fun to do that in BF2.

Other: I'd also start looking for a way to turn into a vampire(Gothic version, not Uberzombie style). I'd love to lead a vampire army into a post-apocalyptic battle against the zombie hordes.
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Location: Mount Ngongotaha, because it's on my home turf and I'll have the high ground. My Japanese friend's parents run a restaurant up at the top too so I'd be able to eat there.

Time: Present day.

Weapons: Flamethrowers, MG42s and a lawn mower would be fun too (if anyone's seen Braindead they might understand).

Music: I really don't know. My usual random mix of music from all corners of the globe in all sorts of styles I guess.
    Last edited by Hepcat; 01-23-2008 at 21:48.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Time: Present day.

Weapons: Portatil Ion Cannon. Flamethrowers. Shotguns

Music: Eye of the Tiger - Survivor ; Forever Young - Alphaville; Big in Japan - Alphaville ; Chop Suey! System of a Down.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

Wisconsin, It's like Russia, but colder.
    Sigged
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

Prince of Maldonia Member Toby and Kiki Champion, Goo Slasher Champion, Frogger Champion woad&fangs's Avatar

Sweet, I'm in the same signature as Churchill and Plato.

Also, It's just Woad, not Woad"s"
    Why did the chicken cross the road?

So that its subjects will view it with admiration, as a chicken which has the daring and courage to boldly cross the road,
    but also with fear, for whom among them has the strength to contend with such a paragon of avian virtue? In such a manner is the princely
    chicken's dominion maintained. ~Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by woad&fangs
    Sweet, I'm in the same signature as Churchill and Plato.

Also, It's just Woad, not Woad"s"
    fixed
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Hmm... I like this thread:

Lighthouse, decent housing and its an island so they can't really reach me. Also it's in a populated area, so Im in reach of food and other various entertainment stuff.

Time: Present Day

Weapons: The RPC- RPC M1B- In Action
    An Ak-47 as my main (the more updated version whatever that is), a Coast Guard Boat, a small helicopter, my gf. Umm... and whatever else I can pick up at local gun stores and whatnot. A dog by likes of the one in I Am Legend.

Music- My Entire CD Collection and then some. Mostly listening to AC/DC Shot Down in Flames, Thunderstruck, Back in Black, TNT, Shoot to Thrill, etc...
    Last edited by Decker; 01-25-2008 at 01:26.
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

Coffee farmer extraordinaire Member spmetla's Avatar

If you're serious about zombie defense/survival check out this forum:

http://zombiehunters.org/forum/

These guys will help you avoid the many mistakes of us "newbie" zombie killers such as packing katanas and wearing chainmail.

"Am I not destroying my enemies when I make friends of them?"
    -Abraham Lincoln

Four stage strategy from Yes, Minister:
    Stage one we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage two, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    Stage three, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage four, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Philologist Senior Member ajaxfetish's Avatar

Hmmmm . . .

I'm thinking somewhere between 1 million and 4 million years ago, in the hopes that 99.5% of the people on Earth would add up to about 2 dozen or so zombies. That would be a little more manageable.

In that case I guess I'd be limited to animal bones and rocks lying on the ground for weapons. Ah well, comes with the territory.

Location would have to be Africa, Indonesia, China, or somewhere else people had gotten to by then.

Music in real life would be limited to whatever guttural noises my primitive lungs could produce. The soundtrack in my head, however, would include O Fortuna from Carmina Burana, Crawling by Linkin Park, Another One Bites the Dust by Queen, and You Know My Name by Chris Cornell (from Casino Royale).

Ajax

"I do not yet know how chivalry will fare in these calamitous times of ours." --- Don Quixote
    "I have no words, my voice is in my sword." --- Shakespeare
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." --- Jack Handey

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Top of great wall of china would be a great place for Zombie slaying.

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12