Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Iberia Rising: A Lusitannan AAR

Default Re: Iberia Rising: A Lusitannan AAR

Chapter II: The Ram Has Touched The Wall
    Hmm, where have I seen that before...

Nice update!

And I'm glad to finally know Mouzafphaerre's secret to such a high postcount!
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    Ego is the anesthetic for the pain of stupidity.-me
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers
    Click here for my Phalanx/Aquilifer mod

Now I'm glad that I didn't leave after all or I would have missed chapter II. Hmm, three chapters in six hours! I think that's some sort of record.
    Congratulations!
    Oh and keep'em coming.
    Last edited by julius_caesar_the_first; 02-10-2008 at 11:39.

Urwendur Ûrîbêl Senior Member Mouzafphaerre's Avatar

The next one will be a

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    +1

But seriously, this is postcount.
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; 02-04-2008 at 17:29.
    Ja mata Tosa Inu-sama, Hore Tore, Adrian II, Sigurd, Fragony

Mouzafphaerre is known elsewhere as Urwendil/Urwendur/Kibilturg...

Yay for spaniards (no, i'm not spanish)

Quote Originally Posted by TWFanatic
    Hmm, where have I seen that before...

Nice update!

And I'm glad to finally know Mouzafphaerre's secret to such a high postcount!
    I think a leader of some tribe in Italy mentioned it once...and Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre
    The next one will be a

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    +1

But seriously, this is postcount.
    Yea that is an insane post count

Quote Originally Posted by julius_caesar_the_first
    Now I'm glad that I didn't leave after all or I would have missed chapter II. Hmm, three chapters in six hours! I think that's some sort of record.
    Congratulations!
    Oh and keep'em coming.
    Yea I have had alot of fun with this. I didn't want it to be too text heavy but I had to find a way to get the elements of the story together. Its always a balancing act. Thank you all for your support!

So you're now fighting the very people you previously ruled!
    Nice
    Alcohol is the cause and solution to all of man's issues

Baloonz: by Pharnakles
    by Jebivjetar (es bastante loco)

Celto-Germanic Spearman Member Kuningaz's Avatar

Ah it's just great to have you back.

Chapter III Return

Winter 542 YAF
    Shortly after the battle the great King of the Lusitannans passed while he slept. It came as a shock to many because he was so healthy.

The men whisper rumors of Celtic agents having him poisoned. Although there is no way to prove this it did not help relations with the Celts that now inhabit southern Iberia. The actions of the kings eldest son, Latronos, certainly did much to damage the relationship with the Celts. Latronos had the men go house to house in the city and systematically going after whole families of Celts.

Many of the Lusitannans that had not intermarried with the Celts were basically doomed to a life of servitude in the mines that reside in the nearby mountains. The positions were reversed. Celts were made into slaves and were to work the mines and the Lusitannans were to hold the whips over them. The men that ran the mines were executed and replaced by Lusitannan nobility. The merchants that sold the gold and silver to Kart-Hadastim were to be of Lusitannan blood. It was a messy affair. Latronos could not be sure in many cases if someone was Celt or Lusitannan. The lines of their heritage had been blurred by intermarriage. They had to prove their loyalty and work under distinguished Lusitannan strongmen. Many were slaughtered in the initial days after the battle out of pure hatred for what had become of their people. Overall about 25% of the population were true speaking Lusitannans. The language was the ultimate test. Celts could generally not speak it fluently. However neither could some of the Lusitannans due to the isolation of their people. Like I said it was a messy affair with many people caught in the middle.
    We remained in the city of Sucum Murgi until Spring and then set out for the nearby city of Baikor. This was almost an exclusively Celtic town. The countryside on our way their was ravaged and Latronos sent word to Lusitania for whole villages to move back to their traditional lands where they had been displaced hundreds of years before. The people loaded all their belongings and took their herds of sheep or cattle and marched along a great river until they got to the areas where they had been displaced. The Lusitannans were on the march. The people and their army reclaiming lost lands. We arrived at Baikor to find the gates sealed and Latronos ordered the men to dig a siege line around the town. Apparently the garrison was substantial and we would have to wait out the besiegers until they either perished, fought, or surrendered.

I found out more about the people of these lands. They were called the Carpetani and had migrated a great distance from lands far to the north. Somewhere between two-three hundred years ago they arrived in these rich valleys and began to systematically drive out the native Iberians. This land apparently has a long history of bloodshed. There was a war here many years ago and another one now. It is debatable as to who these original inhabitants were. Latronos says they were Lusitannan. Until proven otherwise I suppose that will have to do.

Summer 543 YAF (271 BC)
    I took the liberty of accompanying some of the natives as they resettled in these lands. An old temple was found on a large hill that had been burned down a long time ago. The black marks of fire still evident on some of the stones. Another casualty of a long forgotten war. Many of the people were crying as they marched through the lush valleys. They had come home. But their return exacted a heavy toll on the Celts that inhabited this region. Without the army of Baikor to protect them the Lusitannans, they drove the Celts off the lands. Many resisted but perished. Militia accompanied many of the returning villagers and they systematically destroyed entire villages and then rebuilt their own on lands nearby. It was a terrible sight to behold. What was right and what was wrong became indistinct as the Celts were forced from lands they had driven the Lusitannans from so many hundred years ago. Anything of Celtic origin became hated.
    I made a surprising discovery on the road that eventually wound its way to the coast to the port of Mastia. The men had stopped a caravan of wagons. Instantly I knew the wagons were not Celtic or Lusitannan. This caravan came from Mastia. I recognized the crest on the side of the lead wagon. I was terribly excited and ran over to the Lusitannans who had stopped the wagon. My Lusitannan was quite good and the men allowed me to act as a translator. Essentially they were taking cargo to Baikor. They wanted to know if the roads were safe. I told them that they were but that the Lusitannans were running things in Baikor. The Carpetani had been driven from the lands over the course of the last several months. I inspected all the wagons and the one in the rear was guided by a familiar face. Videllac was making his twice yearly journey to Baikor deliving silver coin fresh from the Republican Mint. He barely recognized me as my hair had grown long and I had the traces of a beard. He told me his village was a couple miles up the road and I realized it was one that had been burned to the ground. The people of that town resisted but many were killed. It had happened only a few days ago so I accompanied him there. When we arrived he searched the mass grave that had been dug for the bodies and spent th better part of a day searching. He never found his family. I talked to some of the soldiers who told me the survivors fled east into the mountains and would likely travel north, As Carpetania was no longer safe for the Celts that resided here for some 300 years. We talked at length and he told me he was going to bury the coin, take what he could carry and set out to find his family. I wished him the best and told him to be careful. I expected him to be angry because I was "with" the Lusitannan. I think he realized that I was an observer. I told him that his people's story would be told as well.

Winter 543 YAF
    It was expected that any day the garrison would storm out and sally against the Lusitannans who had surrounded their town. Huge olive groves covered this rich valley. The resources of the land were immense and the nearly black soil provided more food than you could eat. It was a land worth fighting over for sure.
    The garrison stormed out of the town on a cold winter morning. Although it wasn't snowing here you could see the snow in the distant mountains. Oddly enough the Celts of this town had adopted weapons and other things from the Lusitannans. They poured out of the gates and began to run toward the hastily drawn up lines of the Lusitannans. The skirmishers stayed behind the more formidable spear infantry. Latronos ordered the skirmishers to lay on a steady and deadly rain of javelins into the lines of approaching men. They released their own javelins and did some damage to the infantry line. However their numbers were diminished and truly did not stand a chance. Some of their men fought hard as their Celtic Chief was seen rallying his men. Eventually the men of the enemy that survived the onslaught ran back into the town. A week later however they surrendered. A lone elder came out of the gates to deliver the news to Latronos. The Chief had fallen on his sword in disgrace. Baikor fell to the forces of Latronos. The ground before the town was littered with the dead and the dying. Using their spears the men checked the bodies and extinguished any survivors.
    Capture of Baikor:

Video of the Battle:
    http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...reofBaikor.flv
    Later that evening the bodies were burned. No prayers or sympathy for the dead. Latronos had come down to the massive blaze to watch it for himself. I stood beside him and looked at the bodies as they lost human form. "The Celts treated us like rats Castulo. They drove us from our homes. They took our lands, and married our womenfolk. They tried to breed us out. Planting their Celtic seed wherever they could." He looked at me, the reflections of fire dancing in his eyes. "Now they are the rats, burning in the fires. Our suffering will be our rallying cry. We will leave no stone unturned." He left to retire for the evening and I was left with many of the men who stared silently at the flames. Their thoughts on their lands, people, and heritage.

I like the story. Mine comes along slowly as im overloaded with coursework and actul work hopefully my next piece will be up torromow
    As I walked through the Glenshane Pass I heard a young girl mourn
    The boy form Tamlaghtduff 'she cried 'is two years dead and gone'
    How my heart is torn apart this young man to lose
    Oh I'll never see the likes again of my young Francis Hughes ....

The Bad Doctor Senior Member Chaotix's Avatar

Awesome! Just as great as the last 3 AARs, Chirurgeon. And the videos are back, too!
    Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer: The Gameroom

An Imperfect Follower of Light Member Wolfman's Avatar

All hail Iberia! May those that curse her fall by the sword and their lines be cut off all the way down to him that pisseth on a wall! Excellent update Chirurgeon!
    Last edited by Wolfman; 02-05-2008 at 19:14.
    Tales of Gods and Kings - An Arverni AAR-DEAD
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...82#post1930882
    A People of the Mist - Casse AAR-ALIVE!!!!
    https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showth...Mist-Casse-AAR

*sigh* Be glad I don't have admin powers here, because I have a special keyboard for those forums over which I hold dominion...

I think a leader of some tribe in Italy mentioned it once
    That's one way to put it...another is HBO ROME EPISODE 5 (approximately).

I like your style btw. I'm thinking of writing an AAR myself (got an amazing KH campaign in progress) and I have soaked up elements of your AAR that I think will go well with what I have in mind for mine.
    Last edited by TWFanatic; 02-05-2008 at 15:51.
    It would be a violation of my code as a gentleman to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed person.-Veeblefester
    It is better to keep your mouth shut and be thought of as a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.-Sir Winston Churchill
    ΔΟΣ ΜΟΙ ΠΑ ΣΤΩ ΚΑΙ ΤΑΝ ΓΑΝ ΚΙΝΑΣΩ--Give me a place to stand and I will move the earth.-Archimedes on his work with levers

*sigh* Be glad I don't have admin powers here, because I have a special keyboard for those forums over which I hold dominion...

That's one way to put it...another is HBO ROME EPISODE 5 (approximately).

I like your style btw. I'm thinking of writing an AAR myself (got an amazing KH campaign in progress) and I have soaked up elements of your AAR that I think will go well with what I have in mind for mine.
    I saw that series but did not know that the episodes had titles. I did not intend on plagarizing. Why do you wish to ban me? Or is that sarcasm? I had heard Julius Caesar say that once and thought it appropriate for the chapter title. He used to say that he would give quarter until the Ram touched the wall. After that he could not be responsible for a town's fate.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhughthom
    Typical, you wait days for the first chapter of a new Chirurgeon AAR and then three come along at once!
    Great start, tell me to wait and see if you want but I was just curious as to whether to plan to let the Karthies build up for a while in Spain to have an epic war with them or have you other ideas?
    I am hoping the Carthies behave as I deal with troubles in the interior. Yes I had a flurry of updates. I am making much smaller chapters this time around. It makes it flow a little better I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Shylence
    I like the story. Mine comes along slowly as im overloaded with coursework and actul work hopefully my next piece will be up torromow
    Fortunately I have a light week at school and will be able to play more than I did with the Ptolemaic AAR. thanks for following!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfman
    All hail Iberia! May those that curse her fall by the sword and their lines cut off all the way down to him that pisseth on a wall! Excellent update Chirurgeon!
    I was hoping you were following. You are a devout Lusitannan! The adventure has just begun my friend

Quote Originally Posted by Moosemanmoo
    So you're now fighting the very people you previously ruled!
    Nice
    I guess you are referring to the Kart-Hadastim AAR? I love Carthage and Iberia so i wanted to combine elements of both hence the main character being from Carthage :) Its been fun so far.

Quote Originally Posted by julius_caesar_the_first
    Congratulations!
    Oh and keep'em coming.
    Yea my fingers were trying to keep up with my brain. I had so many things up there I was trying to type out. Next thing I know I found myself working on chapter IV LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Reality=Chaos
    *stops lurking for a while*
    Wow churgeon, I've read most of your AAR's, I love 'em . I especially liked the Sands of Africa. This one just looks like it's gonna be awesome . Now get me another update before I get withdrawal symptoms
    *descends into lurking mode once more*
    I thank you for your cameo appearance. Always good to hear from lurkers. I always like to hear from the 95% of people that read these but don't comment. Your support is greatly appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus Seleukeia
    *Sits himself comfortably, grabs for the popcorn and a drink*
    Let the show beginn!
    No family tree bashing ok? I know you were just kidding. I promise never to marry my sister

Quote Originally Posted by The General
    *Sees the title "Iberia Rising: A Lusitannan AAR"*

*Sees 'Chirurgeon' reading under the title*

Uuuhhyeash!

Will be following this one.
    Thank you sir

:O 9 posts in a row? That has to be a record. You know, you can quote multiple times in one post.

I saw that series but did not know that the episodes had titles. I did not intend on plagarizing. Why do you wish to ban me? Or is that sarcasm? I had heard Julius Caesar say that once and thought it appropriate for the chapter title. He used to say that he would give quarter until the Ram touched the wall. After that he could not be responsible for a town's fate
    I was joking with mouz about the ban key. Need to make it more clear who I'm talking with, sorry.

I didn't know Caesar said that for real, all I knew was it was the title of an HBO Rome series. Didn't mean to be rude, please don't take me too seriously.

Cheers

:O 9 posts in a row? That has to be a record. You know, you can quote multiple times in one post.

I was joking with mouz about the ban key. Need to make it more clear who I'm talking with, sorry.

I didn't know Caesar said that for real, all I knew was it was the title of an HBO Rome series. Didn't mean to be rude, please don't take me too seriously.

Cheers
    Ah I apologize about the ban thing. I didnt know who you were talking to. Im trying to get to 5000 posts so I figured I would reply to everyone individually...Just kidding. I just looked back at this page and realize that I should have responded en masse. Unfortunately I was back on page one and kept forgetting who I responded to. I will do that in the future. I remember the Caesar quote from a book on the 10th legion I read a while back. He may have also said something about it in his gallic war book as well.

Thank you to the Mod that fixed my multiple replies. I will have an update shortly

All your base are belong to us!

So, in Mouzafphaerrish means:

Please keep up the good work Chirurgeon. The mere mention of the names Tantalos and Latronos brings fine memories, Lusotana being my first ever EB campaign and the one with the longest duration and attunement. Heck, I have entire family trees tabled and printed out!

As I mentioned earlier, I have my own incomplete "Annals of Lusotana" on my hard drive. When I have the willpower it will be completed, along with the campaign itself. But again as I said, yours beats mine clearly. Nevertheless, the style and format are totally different and I'm planning to post that one, once completed, anyway; if only for proving yours superiority again.

Waiting impatiently for the upcoming chapters!

Chapter IV: Hinterlands of the Two Rivers

Winter 544 YAF (270 BC)
    We marched back to Sucum Murgi where many of the men left the army to be with their families. We trekked west across a beautiful but difficult land. We traveled on a high plateau with distant mountains all around us. We crossed over the Guadiana (modern) river and made way to the capital. Oxtraca was situated on a beautiful plain with the most incredible views. For a town of barbarians it was surprisingly nice. The walls were solid built albeit of wood. Inside the streets were mostly stoned and the residences were a uniform square shape. Local materials were made in the roof and walls. It was quite busy. After several years of fear and war it seemed things had returned to normal. Trade had begun in earnest with the Punic colonies of Gader and Mastia. Many people had left to travel to Sucum Murgi and Baikor. However the people of the countryside in distant villages relocated to the city to take advantage of crafting jobs that had been transported with the migration of people to the East. I celebrated my 20th birthday.
    During the autumn a diplomat arrived in the capital from Gader. I was exuberant and asked Latronos If I could travel to Gader to see long lost friends. I was homesick. I left at the first spring thaw. However Latronos said he would send word if the army was to march again. I assured him I would return by the following winter. He trusted me enough to leave. I arrived in Gader to find my father who had been worried about me. Turns out that Videllac sent word to Mastia to assure my father I was fine and was traveling with the Lusitannan army.
    Having spent the better part of the year at home my body ached to travel north again. I wanted to see the Lusitannan people. I wanted to know what was happening. I though once I arrived back in Gader I would not want to go back. However there was a primal drive that lured me away. It would be a little more complicated this time however. While here in Gadiz I met a girl. Anastadae was half Lusitannan and half Punic. She was beautiful in so many ways. Olive skin smooth as the finest linen. Eyes a deep brown that seemed to gaze through me. Her hair a dark brown like the rich soil of these lands. I had met her when I went to Academy for some extra study. She was impressed with my language skills and eventually we began to call on one another. Her father was a merchant that dealt in horses. Fine Iberians fast and strong. They were prized all over the great sea. Her father had relatives in Oxtraca and she agreed to come with me. Her father was concerned because the Celts might launch an offensive against the recent holdings. I assured him that I had seen how the Lusitannans fight and the Celts would have a hard go of it. Merchants from Oxtraca had said the tribes north of the Douro (modern) river had claimed the land between the Douro and the Tagus rivers. This would no doubt stir the anger of the king. I smiled having gotten to know his mind almost as well as he. He would retaliate swiftly. A week after the rumors were first heard I recieved a letter from the king and he requested I join him immediately. The rumors were true. The Galacian Tribe had raided some villages across the Douro river. However with much of the army having taken their leave he would have to raise another force. It could be a year before he is ready to march. No doubt he will try to retrieve as many veterans as possible. I told Anastadae about this development and she agreed to come with me to the capital. I told her that should it get bad we can always return to Gader.

Winter 545 YAF (269 BC)
    Once the worst of the winter weather had cleared I traveled north with my wife. Anastadae and I had been wed just before our journey. She was thrilled to be with her relatives in the capital and I was thrilled to meet up with the soldiers. I had become well accepted and honored because of my chronicling of the war they had fought. While my wife settled in with her family I met up with the King. He had spent the year re-gathering his men. Some were scattered as far as Baikor. He needed veterans. Finally before winter's icy grip enveloped the land we travelled north.
    The lands north of the capital were beautiful as well. As we left the city we followed the heavily rutted road north. We passed scattered villages that found excellent grazing for their herds. Horses roamed freely here. The stout beasts were proud and defiant.

The Lusitannani would capture some of the herds that roamed these plains and use the animals for many purposes. Windswept open areas dominated the landscape. This was one area where great mountains were not present. However as we approached the Tagus river a mountain range emerged on the horizon to the north. The river was quite narrow and ran swiftly.

We arrived at a bridge that was maintained by two villages on either side of the river. The people of the village ran out to greet the army and told us of the devestation that had occured just east of here. As we marched east on the horizon great columns of smoke could be seen. The men became visibly tense and quiet. On this clear late autumn day the smoke contracted sharply against the sky. Later we arrived at the remains of a small village in the foothills of a small chain of mountains just north of the Tagus River. The dust of these culprits who had destroyed the village rose to the east. Latronos came up beside me to see the damage. "Celtic dogs! They will pay for this." A soldier called Latronos over to the center of the burned out village and noted a new Totem that had been stuck in the ground. Latronos looked at the totem in disgust "Galecians from the mountains. They lay claim to these lands." The farms and some of the harvested grain was still intact and Latronos decided to make camp here for winter. Hunting parties were organized and talented spies traveled some 20 miles to find details of this enemy.
    The tribes from Galecia had migrated south and claimed land that was clearly not theres. One particular chieftain defiantly paraded his army around the land.

Klutanos was a good warrior but I felt the King would use his forces appropriately. The size of the two forces were about equal. The Lusitannans had more skirmishers but the Galecii had heavy warriors. The edge, Latronos thought, would be the slingers he hired around the Baikor region. From the Belaric Isles these slingers would offer their services. I could hardly believe what he paid for them. He clearly thought they would be important. Both of the armies were encamped for the winter. The brutal winds coming off the plateaus and mountains and sweeping through the valleys. This was no time for a battle thats for sure. The warmth of spring would change things.
    Spring of 546(268 BC) came quickly enough. I rode south back to the capital to be with my wife before the spring campaigning season could begin. I was astonished to find out that she was with child. The gods have blessed me with a child. My wife was even more beautiful knowing that she contained the seed that we both labored to create. I truly was the happiest man alive. With a short winter the men north of the river would begin preparations to march and I had to return to them. I promised Anastadae I would return as quickly as the king allowed.
    The days leading up to a battle were sometimes unnerving. The two forces had a series of light skirmishes before finally the enemy chieftain found himself a small hill to hold. The Lusitannans would have to pass through a small valley and start up this hill to engage the Galacii. The whole of the forces marched in step towards the enemy. I was impressed with the organization of the army. The Belaric Slingers marched first. Behind them were light skirmishers. Behind them were heavy spearmen and behind that main battle line were some reserves along with the King. Suddenly the slingers stopped. Perhaps they had encounterd a concealed unit? No they were actually winding up their slings and unleashing a barrage of lead into the enemy. Incredible! Their range was simply amazing. And by the number of men dropping out of the enemy battle line their accuracy was deadly. The skirmishers stopped just behind the slingers as for quite a while they sent lead into the ranks of the enemy. You could see some of the enemy fleeing and running up the hill holding parts of their bodies having been stung by the ferocity of the lead balls. Soon the slingers had exhausted their supply of bullets and retired for the day. I watched in amazement as they walked through the lines to the rear talking about how many men they had killed. Next the Lusitanns deployed light skirmishers which affected the enemy but they took alot of casualties due to the height difference. As they unleashed their javelins into the ranks of the enemies main battle line our own main battle line advanced and stopped just behind the skirmishers. The skirmishers withdrew and the main battle line unleashed their javelins and charged into the ranks. The center of the enemy had been weakend by the slingers and skirmishers and began to break apart. Latronos took his cavalry to our left flank where Klutanos was trying to turn the tide of the battle. The kings bodyguards peppered the chieftains own men with javelins and then charged in for hand to hand fighting. Klutonos was overwhelmed and fell from his horse. The enemy had enough. The quit the field en masse and ran away.
    Battle of the Hinterlands:

Video of the Battle:
    http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h3...interlands.flv
    They threw down their shields and weapons. The armor they wore found their way onto the ground as well. After the battle the dead were gathered up and burned. The lowly skirmishers were set to task to gather the discarded armor, shields, and weapons. For the moment the Hinterlands were secured. But Latronos knew they would be back. I sat with him as we ate our victory feast.
    "So Castulo I hear you are going to be a father?"
    "Yes my lord that is correct. A boy I hope."
    "Ah I hope the gods protect your unborn. My own son has come of age and is now governing in Sucum Murgi."

He sighed and looked at all the men gathered around in the camp. Some dancing and music had broken out and a gleeful mood was evident. Latronos took it all in. "My men are simple. They live for the day, caring little for the future. I dont have that luxury. The king of the Galacii will be furious that his army was destroyed. No doubt he will retaliate. As soon as he is able he will send raiders into the Hinterlands and destroy more villages and take over our mines. It is unacceptable."
    "No doubt your people have suffered immensely knowing that at any time they could be attacked by an unseen enemy." I added.
    He looked at me and managed a smile. "Ah you are right. When we are finished celebrating we will return to the capital and I will recruit an invasion force. We will attack the Galacii on their own turf. These Celtic mountain men shall fear our revenge."
    I sat at the table and sighed quietly to myself. My wife will have to depend on her family to help care for our child. Once again the Lusitannan tribe is on the war path.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouzafphaerre

All your base are belong to us!

So, in Mouzafphaerrish means:

Please keep up the good work Chirurgeon. The mere mention of the names Tantalos and Latronos brings fine memories, Lusotana being my first ever EB campaign and the one with the longest duration and attunement. Heck, I have entire family trees tabled and printed out!

As I mentioned earlier, I have my own incomplete "Annals of Lusotana" on my hard drive. When I have the willpower it will be completed, along with the campaign itself. But again as I said, yours beats mine clearly. Nevertheless, the style and format are totally different and I'm planning to post that one, once completed, anyway; if only for proving yours superiority again.

Waiting impatiently for the upcoming chapters!
    Your wait is over. And thank you for the support. Please do post your campaign at some point I would like to compare the two. I grow quite fond of my little tribe as they grow in importance. I really am enjoying things. I will provide more details about the specific types of soldiers that are on campaign.

What I have liked most about Iberian units: Javelin shower before the charge!
    Last edited by Mouzafphaerre; 02-06-2008 at 04:48.

chirurgeon you never fail to amaze me. How long is this threead up, 2 days? And already 4 chapters+prologue. I very much like your new style, too. The role of the observer gives much more insight on the smaller things than that of a royal general. Well, I guess this will be another excellent story

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

@Mouz: Yes nothign like a nice javelin shower before a charge. In seiges I have killed upwards of 40% of the defenders with javeleins. Makes melee much easier. The Beleric slingers rock! Incredible range and decent lethality.

@ Basileus Seleukiea:
    Thank you sir. Its been fun writing as an observer. I am trying to show the inter-related nature of the Iberians and the Carthaginians. Trying to put myself in their shoes. In my research looking for pictures the rivers of spain and Portugal look like something out of lord of the rings. What a beautiful country.

Really good, Chirurgeon!!

Might I add that you give your pictures an oil painting look? I mean your pictures of the countryside, the horses etc. Cameras wern't around in them days and things would have been painted.

Anyway, really good work!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom0
    Really good, Chirurgeon!!

Might I add that you give your pictures an oil painting look? I mean your pictures of the countryside, the horses etc. Cameras wern't around in them days and things would have been painted.

Anyway, really good work!!

Thank you I try to use paintings or sketches whenever possible. I don't have photoshop or anything so I cant really make pictures look like paintings. Although that would be pretty cool. I do pictures of the terrain so that you might get a sense of what it might have been like walking around those areas.
    thanks for following!

Yeah ive been to spain its a great place especially Gallicia the countryside is very northern eroupean in some ways. also the basque country is nice i cant wait to see the pickies you bring when campainging in that part of the world. The pictures help to set the scene and i have stolen that idea graciously haha although its hard to get pictures of southern england wilderness due to southern england not really having any true wilderness but i try my best
    As I walked through the Glenshane Pass I heard a young girl mourn
    The boy form Tamlaghtduff 'she cried 'is two years dead and gone'
    How my heart is torn apart this young man to lose
    Oh I'll never see the likes again of my young Francis Hughes ....

Keep on trying my friend

You are right Chirurgeon, those pictures actually come close to what I imagine the Anduin to be. Beautiful indeed. And the other one could show the plains of Rohan, while you're looking towards an outskirt of the misty mountains...
    Damn, who told you that I'm in total Tolkien mood since a couple of days? Fourth Age Total War, rereading the LotR, borrowing "the sons of Hurin" from a friend, and now you refernce. You can't escape good ol' Tolkien, I guess

Speak up for those who were silenced forever.
    Visit https://www.HellenicGenocide.org

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast