Page 2 of 140 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Capo de Tutti Capi - II [Concluded]

One of the Undutchables Member The Stranger's Avatar

Default Re: Capo de Tutti Capi - II

select:abstain for now

We do not sow.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Nobody is voting for themselves. Some of us are mereley selecting themselves
    Real funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Selecting abstain seems rather pointless to me
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Keeper of the Pax Romanum Member TruePraetorian's Avatar

Select: SasakiKojiro

only because I just read a finished mafia game with him in it, and he seems veteran.
    Last edited by TruePraetorian; 02-04-2008 at 23:40.
    The Gods envy us.

They envy us because we are mortal, because any moment might be our last.
    Everything is more beautiful because we are doomed.
    You will never be lovlier than you are now.

We will never be here again.

If everyone voted for themselves, and Seamus was forced to randomly choose a director then it could also be bad. We are better off just voting for the people who we think will make a difference. Anyways, is the Director really all that influential in the long run. Yes he is immube to death, but it is not like he gets an INSTA KILL! on anyone he wants. We need to choose a safer player, someone who is reliable and is known for telling the truth. Then again, since they are random roles, that person could be the Don, but honestly what are the chances that on the first day out of 79 players and 4/5 Dones one is picked?

I say we go for someone. If we are wrong, so what? Its the first day and I doubt it will matter much. If we are right, yea, we protected a good player for a few days and now he can go on the manhunt.

Also, I have been impressed by General Hankerchief, even though I have hardly ever seen him before. He domonstrates knowledge, and if he was scum, then why make a post about randomly selecting people?

I vote General Hankerchief

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Unselect:myself, Select:Andres

I'm not a big fan of GH being the director.

Also, I have been impressed by General Hankerchief, even though I have hardly ever seen him before. He domonstrates knowledge, and if he was scum, then why make a post about randomly selecting people?
    To make him look less scummy? Just a thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Selecting abstain seems rather pointless to me
    since when was I ever not pointless...

We do not sow.

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

scottishranger, you give alot of explanation for something you claim to be in fact unimportant...
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Quote Originally Posted by scottishranger
    If everyone voted for themselves, and Seamus was forced to randomly choose a director then it could also be bad. We are better off just voting for the people who we think will make a difference. Anyways, is the Director really all that influential in the long run. Yes he is immube to death, but it is not like he gets an INSTA KILL! on anyone he wants. We need to choose a safer player, someone who is reliable and is known for telling the truth. Then again, since they are random roles, that person could be the Don, but honestly what are the chances that on the first day out of 79 players and 4/5 Dones one is picked?

I say we go for someone. If we are wrong, so what? Its the first day and I doubt it will matter much. If we are right, yea, we protected a good player for a few days and now he can go on the manhunt.

I vote General Hankerchief
    because he knows what kind of effect that post will have on people like you...

We do not sow.

AKA Leif 3000 TURBO Senior Member Leet Eriksson's Avatar

I promise everyone TRUE CHANGE, I Have covertly campaigned for 35 years for this change, and voting me will get you this change.

AS SUCH

I Select: Myself
    Texas is Gods country! - SFTS
    SFTS = The rest =

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Select: Jubal Barca

As thanks for hosting the TWC games.

There is no need for all this suspicion as of yet!

Criminals are going to slip through in any case in the first round - certainly, and it is a common fault in previous games for people to spend far too long gazing into the words of others for clues when it is impossible to tell friend from foe.

Sasaki, Andres, the General, Myrddraal, and the likes of these are prime candidates because nobody else is known to the public - and no one of them can be labelled any more suspicious than any of the 70 people playing.

However, I am going to recede slightly, as I don't want feuds and bitterness to begin over this simple argument.

Finally, Scottishranger, the Stranger is right - if you praise and support GeneralHankerchief in the way you have done, simply because of his idea to help the Townsfolk, you deceive yourself as readily as though who suspect everyone too easily.

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Well, this first director selection might as well be totally random, as we have nothing to go on. That said, I'm reluctant to vote for anyone who wants the role, or for any veteran players who have a track record of scheming skull-duggery, and will be able to use the position to best advantage if they are, in fact, mafia. With this is mind I Select: Ichigo.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

I personally think I should be major.. if it only be because people always lynch me for spamming... bleugh...

We do not sow.

i never spam... where do they get it from??? not from me... thats for sure...

We do not sow.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    There is no need for all this suspicion as of yet!

Criminals are going to slip through in any case in the first round - certainly, and it is a common fault in previous games for people to spend far too long gazing into the words of others for clues when it is impossible to tell friend from foe.

Sasaki, Andres, the General, Myrddraal, and the likes of these are prime candidates because nobody else is known to the public - and no one of them can be labelled any more suspicious than any of the 70 people playing.

However, I am going to recede slightly, as I don't want feuds and bitterness to begin over this simple argument.
    What's wrong with feuds? Feuds generate discussion, which makes for a good game. As long as it's kept within the spirit of the game, there's nothing wrong with irrationally wanting another player dead. Heck, if you can persuade enough people to go along with you, you can do something about that too.

and exactly a reason not to listen to you, pann... because you will just ask people to suicide... a lot of discussion there...

We do not sow.

(S)elect: Andres

If only to save him from alphabetical lynch in the first round

Yes, feuds do make the game interesting - but as this is my second Mafia game, (the first being Fimbulwinter), I do not wish the be involved in the first feud that encompasses Capo II!

Quote Originally Posted by The Stranger
    and exactly a reason not to listen to you, pann... because you will just ask people to suicide... a lot of discussion there...
    No suicide pacts I'm afraid. Seamus has evidently taken note of my muses on the subject, and banned them from this game as a gamebreaker.

good... because it is a real gamebreaker..

We do not sow.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian
    No suicide pacts I'm afraid. Seamus has evidently taken note of my muses on the subject, and banned them from this game as a gamebreaker.
    Correct on all points.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Peter von Kastilien - RIP Member gibsonsg91921's Avatar

Select: Big King Sanctaphrax

The director should have a sweet name with a lot of titles.
    The late Emperor Peter von Kastilien the Tyrant, Lamm der Wahrheit.

Join Capo de Tutti Capi II! It's totally amazing!

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Select: Andres. Can't really go wrong with picking the mod, imo.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Speaker of Truth Senior Member Moros's Avatar

Select: Kommodus.

If he's towny we really should keep this guy alive. The games I've played, I know he was a great Maffia hunter. If he isn't well...better than just random I guess.

And now off to bed. I have a lot Claymore episodes to see tomorrow.

Protecting the border fort Member Chimpyang's Avatar

Select : shlin28

Lets keep the voting open for now, lets keep the race for this first spot open without apparently tying it up too early. Don't want to end up with only something like 2/3 candidates left with a realistic chance of winning after only a few more hours.

Unselect: SasakiKojiro
    Select: Leet Eriksson

"Topic is tired and needs a nap." - Tosa Inu

Well seeing as I only can only really trust 2 people, my self and my buddy. And that neither of us are really gaining any support voting does nothing. The only other person I have RP'd with is countarach though I have no reason to trust him over anyone else. So I will not vote for I have no reason to vote for anyone only a reason not to vote.

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Why the change, Husar?
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Member Senior Member Proletariat's Avatar

Select: Prole Selecting the only innocent person I know..

Page 2 of 140 FirstFirst 1234561252102 ... LastLast