Page 4 of 140 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Capo de Tutti Capi - II [Concluded]

Poll Smoker Senior Member CountArach's Avatar

Default Re: Capo de Tutti Capi - II

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief
    That whole thing died with Mafia VII, which you were a part of, IIRC.
    Yes I remember that and I was his scum-buddy I believe.He found a loop-hole in the statement. If we can make a loop-hole-less statement then we are fine.

As to knowing norwegian nerd - we have met on another forum, as he implied.
    EDIT: Just read back over his comments and I must say... I don't know why he trusts me... I know that I certainly don't trust him...

After looking back over the rules that the Director has, I choose to change my vote for Director:
    Unselect: Farad
    Select: Kommodus

I missed the last little bit that made them immune to killings, something that might help keep Kommo alive.
    Last edited by CountArach; 02-05-2008 at 03:06.
    Rest in Peace TosaInu, the Org will be your legacy
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Blum - For All Mankind
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CountArach
    Yes I remember that and I was his scum-buddy I believe.He found a loop-hole in the statement. If we can make a loop-hole-less statement then we are fine.
    Trouble is, making sure that its free of loopholes. His loophole in that game was as tiny as the difference between Mafia and mafia(first letter). Frankly, I don't trust any question we can come up with, as he'll(if he's mafia) somehow find a loophole around it.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian
    Looking at the rules, in particular those for the succession when the Don is dead, it does imply that the Mades (of whom the Luca is one) know each other, unless they are kept in the dark at the start and only informed by Seamus when the time comes. We could ask GH about this, as it would relate to his previous game's experience and not this game's, and thus it wouldn't be technically breaking any rules. Perhaps Seamus can clarify this point.

One option would be for norwegian's buddy to step up, for both of them to state their roles and their relation to each other, and for us to lynch one of them. If the investigation proves they were telling the truth, then the other will be a confirmed pro-townie who can be protected for the rest of the game. And given that players are supposed to play for a team win, sacrificing one townie in order to guarantee the innocence of the other should be a price worth paying, especially since townies can upgrade once they've participated in enough night actions.

But if norwegian is unwilling to open up, then the best course would be to lynch him, given what we know of the game.
    You may be right, but it still doesn't make sense for norwegian to come out like that if he is mafia. Though it begs the question, why aren't you questioning why Glenn seems to trust GH for no apparent reason? Why are you just going after norwegian? Why focus on one person when you have so many other people to question? It doesn't make any sense in my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

As to knowing norwegian nerd - we have met on another forum, as he implied.
    EDIT: Just read back over his comments and I must say... I don't know why he trusts me... I know that I certainly don't trust him...

After looking back over the rules that the Director has, I choose to change my vote for Director:
    Unselect: Farad

I missed the last little bit that made them immune to killings, something that might help keep Kommo alive.

I never said I trusted you... I said I knew who you where.

In a top-secret lab planning world domination

Select: Ichigo

Since at this point everyone is equally trustworthy (and equally untrustworthy), I'm picking someone whose instincts and experience have proven quality.
    If you define cowardice as running away at the first sign of danger, screaming and tripping and begging for mercy, then yes, Mr. Brave man, I guess I'm a coward. -Jack Handey

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ichigo
    You may be right, but it still doesn't make sense for norwegian to come out like that if he is mafia. Though it begs the question, why aren't you questioning why Glenn seems to trust GH for no apparent reason? Why are you just going after norwegian? Why focus on one person when you have so many other people to question? It doesn't make any sense in my opinion.
    Because norwegian's stated that he knows the ID of another player, in a game where by default townies don't know who each other are? Go back a couple of pages and you'll find a post by norwegian that said that he doesn't trust anyone except his buddy, which prompted me to probe him further, which eventually led to that damning statement. We've seen blunders like this before, like Kralizec's in Capo 1 that led us to Beirut, with the difference being that I caught norwegian's post and quoted it so it can't be denied later.

Quote Originally Posted by kamikhaan
    Trouble is, making sure that its free of loopholes. His loophole in that game was as tiny as the difference between Mafia and mafia(first letter). Frankly, I don't trust any question we can come up with, as he'll(if he's mafia) somehow find a loophole around it.
    And more to the point, as I said even before M7, staking his truthfulness takes the fun out of the game.
    Last edited by Pannonian; 02-05-2008 at 03:19.

Even if you hadn't quoted it, I wouldn't have edited it. I have nothing to hide.

Weird Organism Senior Member Drisos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andres
    Selecting abstain seems rather pointless to me
    it's just to prove they're not lurkers :P hehe :P

since when was I ever not pointless...

I know I can trust him because the gamemaster told me I could trust him and if I don't trust the gamemaster there isn't much point in playing a game of mafia.
    What makes you belive I shouldn't trust him?
    this indeed seems rather indicating for a mafia role.. of course, I don't know all kinds of pm's sent to the different roles, but when I compare mine to what norwegian nerd sais about his, he must be some kind of guilty, probably..

and ichigo, I can see why pannonian is going after this and not after the stuff around director selection.. this is more serious. at least, it seems. director selection seems abstract, and a slight addition to the game with few importance. voting randomly isn't normally suspicious because of this light nature.. but of course it's possible that mafia will use it to their advantage.

I must say though, I'd much rather lynch NN then Glenn now.
    - Chu - Gi - Makoto - Rei - Jin - Yu - Meiyo -

Philologist Senior Member ajaxfetish's Avatar

Well, since I have no past experience to guide me, and it still seems mostly a random decision,

select: Andres

Let Chaos Reign.

Ajax

"I do not yet know how chivalry will fare in these calamitous times of ours." --- Don Quixote
    "I have no words, my voice is in my sword." --- Shakespeare
    "I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it." --- Jack Handey

select: kommodus
    Quote Originally Posted by Reenk Roink View Post
    Act all cool and stuff, only taka knows about your true noobness.
    Tainted Evil, Reenk's synopsis

Quote Originally Posted by Sasaki Kojiro View Post
    taka points his finger at iskander and says "pew pew pew". He then points his finger at atheotes and repeats the odd gesture "pew pew pew". The other gunfighters look at him oddly.
    Gunfight at the O.K Corral

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I intend to

Select: GeneralHankerchief

One who I currently trust, and who will be a popular candidate for the axe if he isn't elected to prove his worth.

I am paranoid of what will be thought of everything I write!

So I must edit to say I trust GeneralHankerchief because I believe he would be given a more moderate role this time - instead of a largely evil one such as in previous games.

Don't credit my guess too faithfully..
    History shows us that mafia often tries to get their own elected as director. Two things about this post:

He is paranoid about his posts, and edited it to add reason. Mafiosos are more paranoid than townies. His reasoning for selection is also bogus as has been pointed out.

Quote Originally Posted by scottishranger
    If everyone voted for themselves, and Seamus was forced to randomly choose a director then it could also be bad. We are better off just voting for the people who we think will make a difference. Anyways, is the Director really all that influential in the long run. Yes he is immube to death, but it is not like he gets an INSTA KILL! on anyone he wants. We need to choose a safer player, someone who is reliable and is known for telling the truth. Then again, since they are random roles, that person could be the Don, but honestly what are the chances that on the first day out of 79 players and 4/5 Dones one is picked?

I say we go for someone. If we are wrong, so what? Its the first day and I doubt it will matter much. If we are right, yea, we protected a good player for a few days and now he can go on the manhunt.

Also, I have been impressed by General Hankerchief, even though I have hardly ever seen him before. He domonstrates knowledge, and if he was scum, then why make a post about randomly selecting people?

I vote General Hankerchief
    Scottish ranger also uses scummy reasoning and lots of unnecessary explanation for a vote for GH. These two stand out to me from all the nominations of GH.

I would go for Kommodus but he noted in the last game that holmes has trouble here because of the multiple mafia factions. So I will Select: Sasaki. If someone could do a tally it would be sweet.

Guys, methinks we've found our first lynch. Post 68 in case he edits it out.
    I agree.

Master of Few Words Senior Member KukriKhan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Rains,
    You know, Rick, I have many a friend in Casablanca, but somehow, just because you despise me, you are the only one I trust. ...
    Select: Louis VI the Fat.

I do not despise him, nor think he does me, but he's the first CdtC2 player to PM me wishing me good luck. Plus, his nick resembles our setting (Fatlington), plus I've always imagined he looked and acted as Captain Renault in that movie - quick-witted, a little corrupt, but ultimately fair-minded, with the overall good of the community his ultimate goal... a fine random selection for our first Director, in my random opinion.
    Last edited by KukriKhan; 02-05-2008 at 04:13.
    Be well. Do good. Keep in touch.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Because norwegian's stated that he knows the ID of another player, in a game where by default townies don't know who each other are? Go back a couple of pages and you'll find a post by norwegian that said that he doesn't trust anyone except his buddy, which prompted me to probe him further, which eventually led to that damning statement. We've seen blunders like this before, like Kralizec's in Capo 1 that led us to Beirut, with the difference being that I caught norwegian's post and quoted it so it can't be denied later.
    You're probably right, but we'll have to wait until Day 2 to lynch him and see. I'm still not sure what to think of his post, but I doubt he's mafia honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Drisos
    and ichigo, I can see why pannonian is going after this and not after the stuff around director selection.. this is more serious. at least, it seems. director selection seems abstract, and a slight addition to the game with few importance.
    The director is guaranteed two rounds without being able to die. I think that's a pretty good reason to care about who selects who.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan
    Select: Louis VI the Fat.

I do not despise him, nor think he does me, but he's the first CdtC2 player to PM me wishing me good luck. Plus, his nick resembles our setting (Fatlington), plus I've always imagined he looked and acted as Captain Renault in that movie - quick-witted, a little corrupt, but ultimately fair-minded, with the overall good of the community his ultimate goal... a fine random selection for our first Director, in my random opinion.
    Is this a meatball which I see before me
    The spaghetti toward my hand?

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

General of Carthage Member Hannibalbarc's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norwegian nerd
    Even if you hadn't quoted it, I wouldn't have edited it. I have nothing to hide.
    We are not allowed to edit our posts, are we?
    I don't have much experience in mafia so I'll just, Select:Andres
    Ten soldiers wisely led will beat a hundred without a head- Euripides

Sasaki has shown that he is always probing of everyone's statements in all cases, and there are many times he was innocent and many times he was guilty and deceived everyone.
    Therefore he is dangerous - yet I do not suspect him of anything.

I am, I admit, annoyed that after I joked and said I was paranoid and tried to give good reasoning for voting GH, mainly because I felt sorry for him, that someone still picked something in this to try and turn the light upon me.

Such attention is unwanted in any role.

I would ask what everyone here would have me do to avoid suspicion that Hankerchief and I are connected in this game in anyway, but until someone suggests - I will simply change my vote.

Deselect: GeneralHankerchief

Select: True Praetorian

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Louis also PM'd me wishing me well, but i feel i must Elect: Pannonian

It will ease my thoughts after last game. He still hasnt accepted my apology over his forced suicide.
    Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Scummy scummy scummy. I don't see how anyone can read your first post and come away with the impression that you were joking when you said you were paranoid (funny that you claim this after I say paranoia is a scumtell). You also said that you were voting for GH because you "trusted him" not because you felt sorry for him. It looks like you were selecting a scum buddy for director, made up some reasoning (as you say "tried to give good reasoning for voting GH") and now are trying to change that.

I'm going to vote to lynch glenn tomorrow.

Here's his first post for reference:

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn
    I intend to

Select: GeneralHankerchief

One who I currently trust, and who will be a popular candidate for the axe if he isn't elected to prove his worth.

I am paranoid of what will be thought of everything I write!

So I must edit to say I trust GeneralHankerchief because I believe he would be given a more moderate role this time - instead of a largely evil one such as in previous games.

Don't credit my guess too faithfully..

Quote Originally Posted by Hannibalbarc
    We are not allowed to edit our posts, are we?
    I don't have much experience in mafia so I'll just, Select:Andres
    Yes we are able to edit our posts. Its just that if you do it people may take it as a sign that you edited something out and as such have something to hide. You also should never rule out that someone saw what the post was like before you edited it.
    Nothing established by violence and maintained by force, nothing that degrades humanity and is based on contempt for human personality, can endure.

Select: Kommodus.

Why not
    Last edited by Lt. Pinard; 02-05-2008 at 17:55.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country". -Nathan Hale 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Pinard
    Select: Kommodus.

Why not
    Bold your votes, it helps.

Quote Originally Posted by pevergreen
    Louis also PM'd me wishing me well, but i feel i must Elect: Pannonian

It will ease my thoughts after last game. He still hasnt accepted my apology over his forced suicide.
    No hard feelings mate.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Looking at the rules, in particular those for the succession when the Don is dead, it does imply that the Mades (of whom the Luca is one) know each other, unless they are kept in the dark at the start and only informed by Seamus when the time comes. We could ask GH about this, as it would relate to his previous game's experience and not this game's, and thus it wouldn't be technically breaking any rules. Perhaps Seamus can clarify this point.
    A Mafia family starts play with 1 Don, 1 Luca, and 1 Made. All 5 families are in play.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Derictor has some power, first of all it can protect a Don from the wrath of the town and also provides a good exscuse for staying alive. They also have a fair amount of influence in the voting selection. Even if a twonie dies its not a huge lose to the town (as long as they arn't power town), as they can still add to the debate. So the mafia have a preaty big advantage in trying to get one of there own in there. Look at the Godfather I where the role was introduced, GH was scum and got elected for basiclly the whole game. From there he was able to manipulate the town making it so all of his teammates survived. It was a crushing victory.

That being said you can see why have some distrust for GH or any really strong player getting the post, its just to dangerous in expert hands. Kommodus is two fold as Holmes it self would be preaty esay to use to manipulate the town. That being said inexperianced supicous player is better off in office then an expert suspicous player.

So I'm going to go with one of the noobs, chosen at random,

Select: Chimpyang
    When it occurs to a man that nature does not regard him as important and that she feels she would not maim the universe by disposing of him, he at first wishes to throw bricks at the temple, and he hates deeply the fact that there are no bricks and no temples
    -Stephen Crane

the G-Diffuser Senior Member pevergreen's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would encourage a newer member to the director position.

All I can remember is GH getting killed night 1 after selecting me. Got attacked for selecting a newbie.
    The org will be org until everyone calls it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by KukriKhan View Post
    but I joke. Some of my best friends are Vietnamese villages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemur
    Anyone who wishes to refer to me as peverlemur is free to do so.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Bold your votes, it helps.
    A Lot!

Current Tally for Director:

Kommodus - 10 (BSR, Charge, CA, Drisos, EMM, Hiji, LtP, Moros, Ry, taka)

Andres - 8 (ajax, Andres, Craterus, CR, hb, Ichi, Kami, shlin)

GH - 6 (GH, Joe, Myrd, TotD, Tin, Tb)

Sasaki - 4 (Husar, Sasaki, True, Xiahou)

Several with 1 or 2 votes.
    Last edited by Seamus Fermanagh; 02-05-2008 at 05:22.
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Okay, I'm logging off for the night. A couple of quick hits before I go:

- From what I recall, Kommodus sucks as mafia. Putting him in the spotlight might not be such a bad idea.

- The question is now, do I change my vote from myself to Kommodus? After all, one can get hit both ways for this. If I keep my vote on me, I get blasted for not following above logic, people saying I'm scummy, and saying that my impending "well, the logic is sound, but I'd still rather it be me because I'm the only one I can trust" defense is weak.

- On the other hand, considering my last long post ("everybody, vote for yourselves!"), they'd say I'm a flip-flopper and that's scummy. Finally, considering that several people are under fire for selecting me (never mind that Seamus just posted that the initial families get two people they know and I have roughly six votes ), backing off and voting someone else would also be considered scummy.

Ahh, Capo.

Anyway, I'd rather be hit with the allegations coming from my first choice, so I'm leaving my vote on me right now.

G'night.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Either you are putting me under as much pressure as possible to determine my role, Sasaki, or you consider me a personal threat to your own safety and so refuse to see any innocence in whatever I say.

At this rate, if anybody shows any affection for anyone in this thread, they will have given - apparently - sufficient evidence for a lynching.

You haven't responded to the meat of my accusation.

Why would I have considered you a personal threat?

Quote Originally Posted by GH
    Finally, considering that several people are under fire for selecting me (never mind that Seamus just posted that the initial families get two people they know and I have roughly six votes ),
    The number of votes for you is irrelevant, it is the manner in which those votes are made that is important.

Page 4 of 140 FirstFirst 123456781454104 ... LastLast