Thread: Your BEST Valentine's Days EVER !

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

Lightbulb Your BEST Valentine's Days EVER !

I almost proposed on Valentine's day, once, then I wisely waited till 6 months later, well more like 4 months actually.

Ok question for everyone !

What is the best Valentine's day you ever had ? i.e what did SHE do for YOU that made it special ?

I have 2. First one:

First was with my 2nd LTR (long term relationship). I told her I'll cook for her something special. She's European, and she was pretty ignorant about Eastern food at that time, even though she loved it. Her Mom accused me of poisoning her palette, that she wouldn't eat her Mom's Euro food anymore ! I woke up at 05:00 to cook her an exquisite Farsi dish from Mumbai, chicken with apricots, potato sticks and vegetable polo (rice), took forever and I had to do it in the morning or else I wouldn't have time in the evening. Then I rushed the gym and a full day of classes, got back showered and waited for her. We had a great dinner and I thought that was it, when she said we have to go, that she had a surprise for me. I bought her some chocolates and all of course, excellent bottle of wine. Surely bought her a nice gift but ofc I've completely forgotten what it was. I had no idea where we were going and we got on a train to another city. Then went to a Saxophone quartet concert, playing Philip Glass. It was in one of the best halls in Belgium, totally breathtaking architecture. I was completely in love with her. She was dressed SO ELEGANTLY like a real lady, she behaved like a real lady, she was romantic beyond any measure, she blew me away that evening. She paid for everything of course, that too on a very meagre student budget (think 20 Euro a week or even less, in 1997) she must have saved for a couple of months to afford those tickets.

It wasn't that she paid or what it cost her, it was that she knew I love great architecture, I love saxophones, and I love Phillip Glass's music, I love travelling even if it's jus a hop on the train, and she knew I love her. And she combined everything into one awesome evening. Of course it made a huge difference that she saved for this. It meant a lot to me, she sacrificied to make that evening special.

It was one of the best nights of my life. I'll never forget it.
    Last edited by Shahed; 02-07-2008 at 03:14.
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Medical Welshman in London. Senior Member Big King Sanctaphrax's Avatar
    Cardiff in the summer, London during term time.

Default Re: Your BEST Valentine's Days EVER !

Blowjob and steak. Man, that was a good day.
    Co-Lord of BKS and Beirut's Kingdom of Peace and Love.

"Handsome features, rugged exteriors, intellectual chick magnets, we're pretty much twins."-Beirut

"Rhy, where's your helicopter now? Where's your ******* helicopter now?"-Mephistopheles.

Guardian of the Fleet Senior Member Shahed's Avatar

LOL! No beer ???
    If you remember me from M:TW days add me on Steam, do mention your org name.

http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/__shak

Quote Originally Posted by Sinan
    LOL! No beer ???
    Well, he...

<crawls out of gutter and backs away...>
    This space intentionally left blank

by BKS

Giving or recieving?

Beer would have made it better (or taken the taste out of your mouth) ha ha
    "My IQ test came back. Thankfully it was negative"

Been to:

Chieftain of the Pudding Race Member Evil_Maniac From Mars's Avatar

Well, last year, my girlfriend and I just had a quiet day at home, some chocolate, food, etc. It was all fairly relaxed...the funny part was the present I got from my father.

Playboy boxers in red and black, with Austin Powers DVDs wrapped in them.

"I hope your girlfriend likes them."

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    By the way, they're really comfortable.

Tree Killer Senior Member Beirut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big King Sanctaphrax

If both were at the same time, I`m going to make Mrs. Beirut call me BKS tonight just out of respect.
    Unto each good man a good dog

Well if i can fix my fat mistake... then hopefully this one.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Boy's Guard Senior Member LeftEyeNine's Avatar

I just noticed that none of my three flirts covered Valentine's Day.

Two of them had started in March & April. My last one ended by this January.

Boy, I've been cursed.

P.S. Nah nah nah, I'm not one of the ones saying "oh lucky, you fortunately were out of that commercial mess".

Nothing compares to the special moments with your lady.

Grand Patron's Banner Bearer Senior Member Peasant Phill's Avatar
    Somewhere relatively safe, behind some one else, preferably at the back
    Blog Entries

Sinan, can I ask what city this was in? Brussels, Ghent, Antwerp?
    You lucky ******, what a day. Elegance in a woman is something that I can really appreciate.

My girlfriend and me aren't really that big on Valentine's day. We tend to go all out on other, more surprising occasians. This year I waited for her at her work and kidnapped her for a wekkend. Surprises are always the best.

(Language - Beirut)
    Last edited by Beirut; 02-07-2008 at 14:29.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drone
    Someone has to watch over the wheat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TinCow
    We've made our walls sufficiently thick that we don't even hear the wet thuds of them bashing their brains against the outer wall and falling as lifeless corpses into our bottomless moat.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

For me it was Valentine's Day two years ago. I'd just recently met the girl I'd end up marrying, but I ended up getting a State Department internship. Come Valentine's day, I was several thousand miles away from her, working at an embassy in Paraguay.

I had only just gotten there a few days prior, and felt pretty miserable. Paraguayan Spanish is a bit odd, with syllables cut off of words and a lot of the native language mixed in, so it was hard for me to communicate with people there at first. I'd arranged to have roses delivered to my girlfriend, but I wouldn't get to see her when she got them, or even talk to her. If you left a single light on after dark mosquitos would swarm in at you. I was probably feeling a bit homesick as well.

So I went out for a walk that evening and, lo and behold, *Asuncion is crawling with internet cafes. I got lucky and caught Molly on an IM, and we talked for hours. A few months later after I got home we were engaged, and we married last summer.

Best Valentine's Day I'd ever had.

* I know, I'm missing an accent, but I can't remember the keyborad command for it.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Thread killer Member Rodion Romanovich's Avatar

Best Valentine? "Oops, was it the 14th of February yesterday?" Has happened around 10 times so far
    Under construction...

"In countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia and Norway, there is no separation of church and state." - HoreTore

Best Laugh on the Seven Seas Member Good Ship Chuckle's Avatar
    Aboard me scurvy vessel, giving orders to swashbucklers and landlubbers alike. Yaarg!

Lucky you. February is a busy time of year for me, so I'm not sure if I can say the same. Valentine's day often takes the back seat in my life.
    When your mama jokes aren't funny anymore, who ya gonna call?
    Eshmunazar lol

Laughin' out loud since 251 BC.

I almost proposed on Valentine's day, once, then I wisely waited till 6 months later, well more like 4 months actually.

Ok question for everyone !

What is the best Valentine's day you ever had ? i.e what did SHE do for YOU that made it special ?

I have 2. First one:

First was with my 2nd LTR (long term relationship). I told her I'll cook for her something special. She's European, and she was pretty ignorant about Eastern food at that time, even though she loved it. Her Mom accused me of poisoning her palette, that she wouldn't eat her Mom's Euro food anymore ! I woke up at 05:00 to cook her an exquisite Farsi dish from Mumbai, chicken with apricots, potato sticks and vegetable polo (rice), took forever and I had to do it in the morning or else I wouldn't have time in the evening. Then I rushed the gym and a full day of classes, got back showered and waited for her. We had a great dinner and I thought that was it, when she said we have to go, that she had a surprise for me. I bought her some chocolates and all of course, excellent bottle of wine. Surely bought her a nice gift but ofc I've completely forgotten what it was. I had no idea where we were going and we got on a train to another city. Then went to a Saxophone quartet concert, playing Philip Glass. It was in one of the best halls in Belgium, totally breathtaking architecture. I was completely in love with her. She was dressed SO ELEGANTLY like a real lady, she behaved like a real lady, she was romantic beyond any measure, she blew me away that evening. She paid for everything of course, that too on a very meagre student budget (think 20 Euro a week or even less, in 1997) she must have saved for a couple of months to afford those tickets.

It wasn't that she paid or what it cost her, it was that she knew I love great architecture, I love saxophones, and I love Phillip Glass's music, I love travelling even if it's jus a hop on the train, and she knew I love her. And she combined everything into one awesome evening. Of course it made a huge difference that she saved for this. It meant a lot to me, she sacrificied to make that evening special.

What was your second?

This one since I'll actually be in some form of a relationships(I seem to have lost the ability to edit my post-is it cause i have a 2 point warning?)

(Yes - Beirut)
    Last edited by Beirut; 02-08-2008 at 21:54.
    Tho' I've belted you an' flayed you,
    By the livin' Gawd that made you,
    You're a better man than I am, Gunga Din!
    Quote Originally Posted by North Korea
    It is our military's traditional response to quell provocative actions with a merciless thunderbolt.

Senior Member Senior Member Beefy187's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Got a rose first time in my life.. Then I found out that its a present from my mates as a joke..

Still better then nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Beskar View Post
    Beefy, you are a silly moo moo at times, aren't you?

Best Laugh on the Seven Seas Member Good Ship Chuckle's Avatar
    Aboard me scurvy vessel, giving orders to swashbucklers and landlubbers alike. Yaarg!

Dude, I'm sorry to hear about that.
    You know you're unlucky with the ladies, when your first rose is from your mates.
    When your mama jokes aren't funny anymore, who ya gonna call?
    Eshmunazar lol

Laughin' out loud since 251 BC.

Not affiliated with Red Dwarf. Member Ianofsmeg16's Avatar
    Home of Palm trees, cats with no tails, three-legged men, fairies...and more german bikers than germany

I actually got a card last year...

there was party that night which could have been good...I don't remember much though haha
    When I was a child
    I caught a fleeting glimpse
    Out of the corner of my eye.
    I turned to look but it was gone
    I cannot put my finger on it now
    The child is grown,
    The dream is gone.
    I have become comfortably numb...

Proud Supporter of the Gahzette