Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The War to End All Wars

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Default Re: The War to End All Wars

Once everyone gets their information up we can start. Turns will be done by you with plans, how many troops, etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Sorry guys going to have to pull out of this one... looking like its gonna be a big IH... good luck

Just dont have time :O!!
    In the absence of orders, find something and Kill it - Erwin Rommel

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ravie
    Sorry guys going to have to pull out of this one... looking like its gonna be a big IH... good luck

Just dont have time :O!!
    It's alright. Italy is now open.

My Info, I hope its enough

Monarch -
    1.Carol I, King of Romania (1866/1881-1914)
    2.Ferdinand I, King of Romania (1914-1927)

Prime Minister -
    1.Titu Liviu Maiorescu, Prime Minister of Romania (1912-1914)
    2.Ion Brătianu, Prime Minister of Romania (1914-1918)

Romanian Generals -
    1.Alexandru Averescu
    2.Constantin Prezan

Romania was an autonomous principality within the Ottoman Empire until it gained independence in 1877. After the Second Balkan War in 1913, Romania's size increased to 140,000 square kilometres.

Romania's economy was primarily based on agriculture and its 7.5 million people, who were mainly concentrated in the fertile Wallachian Plains. Romania depended heavily on trade with Germany. Its other powerful neighbour, Austria-Hungary, was unpopular as it was believed that the government had done very little to stop the maltreatment of 3 million Romanians in Transylvania.
    Romania's peacetime army was manned by limited conscription. All adult males spent time in the territorial reserve and this gave it a regular strength of around 100,000 men. On the outbreak of the Second Balkan War in 1913, conscription was introduced and the army grew to 400,000.
    In August 1916, Romania joined the Allies against the Central Powers. Within weeks Germany responded by invading Romania and by the end of the year controlled Wallachia and Dobrudja and most of the country's natural resources including its oil supplies.
    After Russia withdrew from the fighting Romania was placed in an impossible situation and in December, 1917, the prime minister announced a ceasefire. Under the Treaty of Bucharest, Romania became a virtual economic colony of the Central Powers. Germany stripped the country of food and raw materials and it is estimated that the occupation led to the deaths of 500,000 civilians.

Royal Romanian Army
    23 Infantary Divisions (First 10 are special forces)
    Five home guard reserve brigades
    1st and 2nd Cavalry Divisions

1 Division = 25 000 troops

The Royal Romanian Artillery Corp
    1-20 Field Artillery Brigades
    1-2 Guard Artillery Brigades
    1 Frontier-guard Artillery Brigade
    1-2 Heavy Artillery Brigades
    1-2 Fortifications Artillery Brigades
    1-2 Mountain Artillery Brigades

Royal Romanian Navy

Danube Fleet
    River Monitors:
    NMS I. C. Bratianu
    NMS Al. Lahovari
    NMS L. Catargiu
    NMS M. Kogalniceanu

Gunboats:
    NMS Grivita
    NMS Oltul
    NMS Siretul
    NMS Bistrita

Fluvial Motor Torpedo Boats:
    NMS Major Ene
    NMS Captain L. Bogdan
    NMS Captain Romano
    NMS Major Giurascu
    NMS Major Sontu
    NMS Major Gr. Ioan
    NMS Lt. Calinescu
    NMS Captain V Maracineanu

Black Sea Fleet

Cruisers:
    NMS Elisabeta

Torpedo boats:
    NMS Smeul
    NMS Zborul
    NMS Naluca

Royal Romanian Air Force
    During World War I, Romania acquired 322 aircraft from France and Great Britain including: Nieuport fighters (types 11, 12, 19, 21, 23, and 28), Farman reconnaissance and light bombing aircraft (types 40 and 46), and Breguet-Michelin heavy bombers. On September 16, 1916, a Romanian Farman-40 shot down a Luftwaffe aircraft near Slobozia; this was the first victory in the history of the Romanian Air Force. By the end of World War I, Romanian pilots had achieved about 11,000 hours of flight and fought 750 air battles.
    Last edited by Sarathos; 02-23-2008 at 07:02.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

I'd rather be Italy then Bulgaria so if no one jumps into take it I will.

But if there is a new player that's wants it then go ahead. I already start Bulgaria anyways.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country". -Nathan Hale 1776

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

I need info about mah faction.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    But when all is said and done
    It's you I love

http://battlefields1418.50megs.com/uniform4.htm

http://militaryhistory.suite101.com/...h_army_of_1914

Done your research for you Caius

And to Austria:

You unchivalrious backstabbers! Would we, the peaceful nation of Serbia, detain an old and ill man, no matter where their allegiance lies?

If you have have not released the old marshal by next week, prepared to be pwned by the royal Serbian army.

Honorary Argentinian Senior Member Gyroball Champion, Karts Champion Caius's Avatar

Tnx.
    Last edited by Caius; 02-19-2008 at 00:26.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Quote Originally Posted by shlin28
    http://battlefields1418.50megs.com/uniform4.htm

http://militaryhistory.suite101.com/...h_army_of_1914

And to Austria:

You unchivalrious backstabbers! Would we, the peaceful nation of Serbia, detain an old and ill man, no matter where their allegiance lies?

If you have have not released the old marshal by next week, prepared to be pwned by the royal Serbian army.
    I dont know, maybe you would just assasinate him instead while he is on a peaceful endeavor in Sarajevo.

Oh, wait, that was our Archduke Ferdinand...

You have two choices, lay down your arms, or we will make you. Serbia has to long been fueling instability and anarchism in the Balkans. We will see that you are put in your place.

Decided I will rejoin if thats ok Ichigo (ill make time :D), but would prefer and smaller faction

waiting on Pinard about swapping for bulgaria :)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravie
    Decided I will rejoin if thats ok Ichigo (ill make time :D), but would prefer and smaller faction

waiting on Pinard about swapping for bulgaria :)
    I'm fine with that.

Ya me and Ravie are switching factions. I'll go look up the italy stuff right now.

Other Countries take note
    make sure you send PMs to the right person.
    "I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country". -Nathan Hale 1776

Aye.. i am now Bulgaria and Lt.Pinard is Italy

Cheers dude.

Alright list updated.

Italy
    By 1911 Italy had a population of 34.7 million. Although primarily an agricultural economy, there was considerable industry in the northern areas of the country. To feed its growing population, Italy needed to import some foods, notably grain from Russia and Germany.
    A large Italian population remained within Austria-Hungary in the Trentino and Trieste regions.
    Italy was a constitutional monarchy. Victor Emmanuel III had been king since 1900. People were appointed to the upper house of the National Assembly but the lower house was elected by universal adult male suffrage. The prime minister was Antonio Salandra
    The Italian Government introduced military conscription in 1907. However, only about 25 per cent of those eligible for conscription received training and by 1912 there were only 300,000 men in the Italian Army.
    In July 1914 General Luigi Cadorna became chief of staff of the Italian Army. Although the Italian government declared its intentions to be neutral on the outbreak of the First World War in August 1914, Cadorna expected war and began building up his army. He decided to concentrate his forces on the borders with Austria-Hungary.

The main Italian Fleet in August 1914, based at Taranto under Vice Adm HRH Luigi di Savoia, Duke of Abbruzzi, includes most of the major warships -

all three completed dreadnoughts (again with three more to follow),
    eight pre-dreadnoughts,
    eight out of ten armoured cruisers,
    light and scout cruisers,
    destroyers, torpedo boats and submarines.
    Other vessels are based in Albanian, Aegean and Libyan waters.

Wasnt as easy to find stuff on italy as I thought it would be.

Amphibious Trebuchet Salesman Member Whacker's Avatar

This IH is not very well run.

/runs

Edit - \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ Chillaxe brah, I'm just giving Itchy a hard time. Hence the /runs, which indicates the humor.
    Last edited by Whacker; 02-19-2008 at 05:51.

"Justice is the firm and continuous desire to render to everyone
    that which is his due."
    - Justinian I

This IH is not very well run.

/runs
    Yo what the hell is that, Whacker

That is pretty rude and unnecessary.

Who are you to come in here and say that. Its not even like u offer advice to support your claim or to help improve it.

If you dont like the way its being run then stop reading the thread.
    Last edited by Lt. Pinard; 02-19-2008 at 05:44.

He wasn't being serious Lt. Pinard. Whacker's a pretty cool guy, he trolls my posts and doesn't afraid of anything.
    Last edited by Csargo; 02-19-2008 at 05:53.

OO I see

my bad

Still need info from Kamikhaan and Caius.

Caius should be free, he is probably just researching. But Kamikhaan hasn't been active for awhile now.
    Total Mafia Games played ~ 30
    Total Mafia Awards = 1

will post it laterz.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

Spirit King Senior Member seireikhaan's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Info on German Army:

http://www.worldwar1.com/sfgarmy.htm

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

http://www.spartacus.schoolnet.co.uk/FWWinGermany.htm

In 1914 the regular German Army comprised 25 corps (700,000 men).

The German Navy was the second largest in the world in 1914. It had 17 dreadnoughts, 20 battleships, 5 battlecruisers, 7 modern light cruisers and 18 older cruisers. Germany also had 30 petrol-powered submarines and 10 diesel-powered U-boats, with 17 more under construction.

In 1914 Germany had 246 aircraft and 11 airships.
    Last edited by seireikhaan; 02-19-2008 at 23:54.
    It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then, the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell.

The standard unit of infantry in 1914 was the Régiment d'Infantrie (R.I.). Each one was individually numbered, and there were 173 R.I. on the outbreak of war. A typical R.I. was consisted of 70 officers and 3,400 other ranks and was organised into three battalions. In addition to the regimental commander and his staff, the regimental headquarters also included 12 mounted scouts and 120 men in an admin platoon: stretcher-bearers, sappers, armourers, butchers, cooks etc. The R.I. was then split into three battalions, each one organised as follows:

Headquarters
    Machine-Gun Platoon
    Medical cart plus personnel
    Four Companies each of 4 officers and 250 other ranks
    The Republic, smarting from losses to the Germans in 1870 and suffering from a low birthrate and small male population conscripted 84% of its male population and established in 1912 the length of service as a conscript of three years. By contrast the German army only conscripted 50% of their population for two years of training. These efforts kept a peacetime army of 700,000 men organized in 173 infantry regiments and 59 of cavalry serving in European (metropolitan) France. . When mobilized with reservists and fully fleshed out this army amounted to 1,100,000 men in the front lines when war was declared on August 3rd, 1914. This outnumbered army was to oppose the 1,750,000 man mobilized German Army.
    Four years of war saw 8,660,000 Frenchmen of all backgrounds placed into the blue uniform of the Poilus. The graves of the western front, Gallipoli and salkonia kept 1,390,000 of these men for all time while another four million took home visible life changing wounds. This figure was augmented by the colonial troops of the extended areas of the empire. During the conflict the French army drew 163,000 Senegalese Tiraillieurs from West Africa, at least 200,000 turbaned spahis cavalry and Zouave infantry from North Africa, and no less than 70,000 Southeast Asians from French Indochina. It is estimated that some 40,000 of these colonial troops lost their lives in the fetid trenches of the French homeland.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

More info on the italian army and the way the country mobilized back then.

http://www.worldwar1.com/itafront/mobilize.htm
    the government organized the mass conscription of over 5 million men which were called into the army. More than half of these men were peasants

I think most of everyone's information has been posted. If you want to start sending your orders in you can.

Well How are we running this? do you want us to just PM you with what we want our country to do in response to the ultimatum?

Are we doin the whole pick a, b, or c type deal with each turn?

I'd like to see a map where we can start to see whats going on.

Names, secret names
    But never in my favour
    It's you I love

http://www.greatwarmap.com/

Map offers alot of the cities in Europe and tells you day by day events of the whole war. The borders shown are not of 1914 unfortunately but if you compare with the map on page one of this thread it's fairly easy to figure out.

More info on Italy. Army and Navy the most useful
    http://books.google.com/books?id=gWM...IZRc#PPA383,M1

Italian Army after mobilization had 4 armies.
    -w/ 4 army corps in each Army for a total of 12 corps
    -Each Army corp had a effective infantry strength of over 50,000 men plus support(artillery, cavalry, engineers etc) and service units.

Can't find an Order of Battle or anything for Italy at the time. So I was wondering if it was ok if I make it up. Cause I know how many Armies and Army corps and divisions they had so I can number/name them myself.
    Last edited by Lt. Pinard; 02-20-2008 at 22:33.

Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Pinard
    Well How are we running this? do you want us to just PM you with what we want our country to do in response to the ultimatum?

Are we doin the whole pick a, b, or c type deal with each turn?
    I've said a couple of time how turns will work. You will send whatever you want to do, attack, build trenches, move navies, etc. etc. As long as it is do-able it is fine. Turns will run two weeks in game and probably a week and a half between deadlines.
    Can't find an Order of Battle or anything for Italy at the time. So I was wondering if it was ok if I make it up. Cause I know how many Armies and Army corps and divisions they had so I can number/name them myself.
    That is fine.

I'd like to see a map where we can start to see whats going on.
    There are maps in my first post that show the borders in 1914. You can also request a map and I'll try to find it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast