Thread: General Progress !?

Default General Progress !?

hi all.

first: this is looking awesome. (i love warhammer)
    second: this has been around for quite some time.
    third: this project is very ambitious.

me plea: could u make a general progress thread, where the occasional forum visitor can check the status of this mod?

as with a lot of mods i´ve seen, they seem to die, coz there is nothing to get the attention of the players, willing to offer it some hdd-space.

i think the screens posted are all very nice, but there is nothing here to catch my general attention, as i have no indepth knowledge of WH and no knowledge about modding this game.

i love these fantasy style mods and would greatly appreciate to get my hands on something playable.

i know, some of you will say the old words: its done when its done! but it seems to me that here, nothing is done so far ... (don´t get me wrong butmost ppl need something to stress their pcs with).

so, please, give me(us) some info about the 'how far we are' topic!

thx in advance

Hahn
    In the beginning there was nothing.
    so god said:'let there be light'.
    and there was still nothing,
    but you could see better." style="float:left;margin:0 10px 0 0;" />

Bringer of the End Times Member alexader's Avatar

Default Re: General Progress !?

you don't know how many things have been developed to write here!!
    the modeler has some troubles at the moment by the way,but i don't know if anyone has the strenght to analyze the whole of the mod
    Last edited by alexader; 02-18-2008 at 21:13.
    "VAE VICTUS"

No truly would a moderator please close this thread?
    Bwian asked not to be bothered with Progress threads and stuff. No offense just no more of these threads.

This place called Mars... do you know of it?

Quote Originally Posted by HahnHolio
    hi all.
    Hi back.

first: this is looking awesome. (i love warhammer)
    Everyone here agrees with that haha.

second: this has been around for quite some time.
    What mod has not? Look around.

third: this project is very ambitious.
    Again so is every mod ever made.

me plea: could u make a general progress thread, where the occasional forum visitor can check the status of this mod?
    Read the other threads like the I'm Back Thread, PM somebody maybe... OR! read around.

as with a lot of mods i´ve seen, they seem to die, coz there is nothing to get the attention of the players, willing to offer it some hdd-space.
    So then why are people not modding for STW?

i think the screens posted are all very nice, but there is nothing here to catch my general attention, as i have no indepth knowledge of WH and no knowledge about modding this game.
    If your attention is not caught then why'd you post here? And, why does this mod have some of the most threads and views out of all the hosted mods listed(no offense to you other guys out there)? And if you said you've never modded... then why are you complaining..or at least that's what it sounds like.

i love these fantasy style mods and would greatly appreciate to get my hands on something playable.
    If you have RTW check out the Blue Lotus mod until this bad boy gets released. Or you can buy the other Warhammer game if you cannot wait for this mod. Patience is a virtue...

i know, some of you will say the old words: its done when its done! but it seems to me that here, nothing is done so far ... (don´t get me wrong but most ppl need something to stress their pcs with).
    Are you kidding me

so, please, give me(us) some info about the 'how far we are' topic!
    Well... after a long spell of RL problems, or knight in shining armor (Bwian) is back and the team has been working dilligently on their projects as far as I can tell so there's your update.

thx in advance
    Your welcome in advance

Hahn
    Decker
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Decker
    Hi back.

Everyone here agrees with that haha.

What mod has not? Look around.

Again so is every mod ever made.

Read the other threads like the I'm Back Thread, PM somebody maybe... OR! read around.

So then why are people not modding for STW?

If your attention is not caught then why'd you post here? And, why does this mod have some of the most threads and views out of all the hosted mods listed(no offense to you other guys out there)? And if you said you've never modded... then why are you complaining..or at least that's what it sounds like.

If you have RTW check out the Blue Lotus mod until this bad boy gets released. Or you can buy the other Warhammer game if you cannot wait for this mod. Patience is a virtue...

Are you kidding me

Well... after a long spell of RL problems, or knight in shining armor (Bwian) is back and the team has been working dilligently on their projects as far as I can tell so there's your update.

Your welcome in advance

Decker
    The Spankfurt saes Lol
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste

Quote Originally Posted by Spankfurt
    The Spankfurt saes Lol
    Hope I didn't scare him off The gods of Chaos could use a fun bag

Just kidding
    "No one said it was gonna be easy! If it was, everyone would do it..that's who you know who really wants it."

All us men suffer in equal parts, it's our lot in life, and no man goes without a broken heart or a lost love. Like holding your dog as he takes his last breath and dies in your arms, it's a rite of passage. Unavoidable. And honestly, I can't imagine life without that depth of feeling.-Bierut

nope, you didn´t :)

ok, so i missed the part on 'no progress thread demands' ... k, then i´ll live with it for the time being ^^

btw, the other warhammer games, except DoW prolly, suck big time, so i´m still looking for something to give me the opportunity to remodel the old world

so, cu around then, i´ll check now and then for something to get my attention ^^

no more kidding you for now.

cheers

Hahn

Annoying Warhammer know-it-all Member DrZoidberg's Avatar

I'd like to meet this General Progress. He seems a nice man even if he is a soldier.
    Sorry you must have been boring. -Dr Zoidberg

oohhh,LOL!!!!that was amazing!!!!did you hear by the way anything about capten progress? CAPTEN PROGRESS,REPORTING SIIIIRRR!!!!!
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by HahnHolio
    nope, you didn´t :)

ok, so i missed the part on 'no progress thread demands' ... k, then i´ll live with it for the time being ^^

btw, the other warhammer games, except DoW prolly, suck big time, so i´m still looking for something to give me the opportunity to remodel the old world

so, cu around then, i´ll check now and then for something to get my attention ^^

no more kidding you for now.

cheers

Hahn
    Play warhammer dark omen then! :D
    http://darkomenworld.freeforums.org/

Space Crusade is the only good GW computer game.

...ok, seriously, Final Liberation and Dark Omen are good too. Space Hulk Vengeance of the Blood Angels is up there just because the marines talk one word at a time. "ADONAI! Place.... THE ARCHIVE RECORD VIEWER...... here...". Dawn of War is just another Zerg-rush game, it's just Command and Conquer with marines. But Space Crusade is the best ever. Even the intro's got Dakka-Dakka!

Cheers!
    /General Direction

i have to say i understand his point this mod only has a forum it does not have a main page with progress bars main pics and just a bit of information for people just passing by to read.

not everyone has time to read all the crap thats on forums
    For Middenheim & The Empire!

thats what i wanted to say inna first place :)

Celto-Germanic Spearman Member Kuningaz's Avatar

Hi, I'm new to this mod and I've read some posts about a campaign map existing... Where is it?^^

Quote Originally Posted by Kuningaz
    Hi, I'm new to this mod and I've read some posts about a campaign map existing... Where is it?^^
    It's in the "The Warhammer Campaign" thread. Just look around the pages and you'll find it.

Now, I have followed this mod for a while, but now I'm actually starting to loose faith for it. We haven't had any kind of update so far. I know it hard to make a mod, especially if it's going to be as big as this one, but still. Heck, I haven't even seen Bwian in quite some time now. Would be fun if he could just pop down to the forums and say "hello" or something. Just anything so that I know that this mod won't die like the most large-scale mods do nowadays.

Please Bwian! Give us a sign!
    "Life is pain, get over it."

ooohhh,please,have a little understanding!!his got a real life full of problems!!he will be back when he is ready!!!if you don't find the force inside you,then you will defenetly loose faith for the mod!!!if you aske me!i can wait even at the dawn of times!!you don't win something with just a hello from him!!you will win if you trully love warhammer and the hard work that he putted into this outstanding mod!!!i don't tell you to hold fast(or wait)!!you will have find this!!

i will just remind you this!!"A wizard(Bwain) is never late,nor he is early!!he arrives precisely when he means to!!" Keep Walking.........
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    ooohhh,please,have a little understanding!!his got a real life full of problems!!he will be back when he is ready!!!if you don't find the force inside you,then you will defenetly loose faith for the mod!!!if you aske me!i can wait even at the dawn of times!!you don't win something with just a hello from him!!you will win if you trully love warhammer and the hard work that he putted into this outstanding mod!!!i don't tell you to hold fast(or wait)!!you will have find this!!

i will just remind you this!!"A wizard(Bwain) is never late,nor he is early!!he arrives precisely when he means to!!" Keep Walking.........
    You missed the rant by like 12 days lol

what do you mean i missed the rant???about bwain????hmmmmm,if i'm right you mean that he posted before (12) days??yeah i saw that!!!i have seen all the post in this mod!!!nothing to be left unseen!
    "VAE VICTUS"

LOL...

double this up!!!!!!
    "VAE VICTUS"

Default Re : Re: General Progress !?

in fact this mod is dead since two week...sorry guy

ohhh GOD!!!and then you telling me that i am angry!!!!!whatever,it's a waste of time to discuss that..........for you it's elected dead!!!for THE TRUEBORNS(me,and the other people that we were from the beggining)and we know bwain,it's not just alive,it's undead!!!!just mark my words,for one day the the mod will rise and will prevail!!!!!!!!!!!
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by alexader
    ohhh GOD!!!and then you telling me that i am angry!!!!!whatever,it's a waste of time to discuss that..........for you it's elected dead!!!for THE TRUEBORNS(me,and the other people that we were from the beggining)and we know bwain,it's not just alive,it's undead!!!!just mark my words,for one day the the mod will rise and will prevail!!!!!!!!!!!
    ^ what he said

(i think)that the mod is dead.....this is heresy!!!!!da stake awaits!!!!!....glouuup glouup
    "VAE VICTUS"

(not me),he said that(tito)......
    "VAE VICTUS"

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Alletun's Avatar

Just to make a statement:

The mod is not dead

Have a nice day

Warhammer: Total War Team Member Krazysigmarite's Avatar

What he said.

Try to hold off the end-of-the-world predictions until meteors actually start falling from the sky, lads.

do you know what i remembered right now???do you remember the scene from saving private ruan(rian?),in the omaha landing???between the two american soldiers!!!!<<-WHAT HE SAID??WHAT HE SAID??-LOOK!!!I WASHED UP FOR DINNER!!!!!>>LOL
    Last edited by alexader; 03-05-2008 at 11:52.
    "VAE VICTUS"

Quote Originally Posted by Krazysigmarite
    What he said.

Try to hold off the end-of-the-world predictions until meteors actually start falling from the sky, lads.
    Then you blame the English for all the trouble and make peace with the Chinese and move to the moon and all is saved.

oh NOM NOM NOM Member Spankfurt's Avatar

IT HAD BETTER NOT BE DEAD.

Then.... I'll have to go back to actually painting my own units, and spending money I don't have on over-priced plastic figures :(
    ­­well guys, im off like a lepper teste