Thread: Retrofit

Default Retrofit

Greetings TW MP’ers

We would like to know your opinion about Retrofit, regarding Multiplayer.

Feel free to not to answer every question but just the ones you want:

1) Do you like Retrofit? If not, why don't?
    2) Do you play Retrofit in Multiplayer? If not, why don't?
    3) What would you like to see changed in Retrofit?
    4) Which units do you think are overpowered in Retrofit (and why)?
    5) Which units do you think are underpowered in Retrofit (and why)?
    6) What factions do you think are overpowered in Retrofit (and why)?
    7) What factions do you think are underpowered in Retrofit (and why)?
    8) Which units are never used in Retrofit (and why)?
    9) Which factions are never used Retrofit (and why)?
    10) What factions are the most used in Retrofit (and why)?
    11) What's your favourite factions in Retrofit (and why)?
    12) Would you like any new feature added to Retrofit Multiplayer? Which one?
    13) Is there any Grand Campaign unit that you would you like to see in Multiplayer?Which ones?
    14) What, in your opinion, should be changed in Retrofit in order to be the best Multiplayer option to play M2TW?

Answering these questions will help a lot in order to know what are Community needs.

Thanks in advance, and best regards.

"The game [M2TW] is actually more balanced than rock/paper/scissor. Combinations that work: rock vs rock - paper vs paper - scissor vs scissor.
    A new frontier that wipes off a bunch of old concepts"
    - Machiavelli69

"Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

Default Re: Retrofit

i'v seen a few people playing it, but i never asked what is was...every time i got mods for tw games it seems like nobody plays them online very much...i think i got 2 rtr games online and not for lack of trying

what is retrofit?
    Last edited by Callahan9119; 03-05-2008 at 22:51.
    And when the brazen cry of achilles
    Was heard among the trojans, all their hearts
    Were troubled, and the full-maned horses whirled
    The chariots backward, knowing griefs at hand...

what is retrofit?
    It is an ''official'' mod for MTW2. This mod improves MTW2 gameplay tremendously. Feels more like a good old TW gameplay.
    Last edited by Fenix7; 03-05-2008 at 22:58.
    ''Constant training is the only Way to learn strategy.''

hmmm cool, think i'll get it and give it a go tonight, i just started playing again yesterday after a long break

i wish it would retrofit me some good ol' nazari from old mtw

Edit"" after some research i havnt found anything official or "official" about this mod
    Last edited by Callahan9119; 03-05-2008 at 23:13.
    And when the brazen cry of achilles
    Was heard among the trojans, all their hearts
    Were troubled, and the full-maned horses whirled
    The chariots backward, knowing griefs at hand...

Member Member Antiochus Nicator's Avatar

A friend and I began playing an M2TW retrofit grand campaign about a month ago. We are both enjoying it very much .

We live far apart, and both enjoy "campaign play", so retrofit is ideal. We are each playing a single faction, with the AI handling all the rest.

I wish all the TW games had a way to play PBEM hotseat. If by "playing multiplayer" you mean fighting battles against each other, I'm not even aware how we might do that. We use the retrofit mod to play a "shared campaign", not to fight battles.

I don't have enough experience with retrofit yet to have opinions about favorites units, factions, etc.

What can I say Mordred. We had serious dispute about first retrofid and I wrote its bad. But new version (retrofitMP) is much better. Normal balance, better archers - you did good job.
    I like this one.
    John Thomas Gross - liar who want put on Poles responsibility for impassivity of American Jews during holocaust

Quote Originally Posted by KrooK
    What can I say Mordred. We had serious dispute about first retrofid and I wrote its bad. But new version (retrofitMP) is much better. Normal balance, better archers - you did good job.
    I like this one.
    Thanks

"The game [M2TW] is actually more balanced than rock/paper/scissor. Combinations that work: rock vs rock - paper vs paper - scissor vs scissor.
    A new frontier that wipes off a bunch of old concepts"
    - Machiavelli69

"Shogun was chess, vi was chequers rome was tiddlywinks and mtw2 musical chairs." - Swoosh So

i like it for online game a lot, more balance plus a lot more unit combination. remove hitpoint on general's bodyguards is the great idea i think, they used to be able to taking on 2 units heavy cavalry and still win. new cost on weapon+ armor is excellent as well, cheaper to upgrade armor+ more expansive on weapon prolong help to prolong the fight. in the vanilla cheap one weapon upgrade+ 11 attack+ 7 charge overwhelms most infantry's max defense. right now, its easier to upgrade armor, it helps a lot for infantry survive against the frontal chage of cavalry. units with armor upgrade under cavalry chages, their causalty reduces 10% compare to units without armor upgrade. the change on horse archers(bowmen) are great too, balanced the horse archer vs mounted xbow problem.

one thing i would ask for next retrofitMP patch, vangragan guards (after -5 shield) 2 units max with price of 700 is way too high. due to increasing strength on archers, remove shields means they are easier target for archers, and 2 units is basicly make me run out of men much faster than before. i had posted a more detailed thread about this on kingdom balance topic.

and also the longbowmen. they are too strong right now. having the range of muskeeters, fast shooting rate, and increasing on accurcy, stakes.... those retined longbowmen wtfpwnt janissary muskeeter easily on missile exchange. not to complaining or anything, just feel its a bit unbalanced right now, aka price vs combat ablity. as english unit section, 8 longbowmen stake camp with crap load of bill+ dis engknights is pretty insane if you aren't expecting it.

too few of weakened vangragan guards, and overpowered english longbowmen + hell a lot of two-handed axemen from their units selections. those are 2 suggestion to be rebalanced in my opinion. for rest of the whole thing, excellent. i would rate Retrofit MP for 9.

i just played a few online game with english again, those longbowmen are way overpowered. i saved couple of replays of the new longbowmen owns everything. they simplely have way too long range now. i fire 1 volley of arrows on passive and move backward before xbowmen could finishing the reload. then i repeat the samething while xbowmen try to get in range...that was not even funny, cavalry got owned hardcore while trying to rush the bowmen too. there is no skill using them, i simplely hold mouse on opposing cavalry, once my arrow icon turns green, ctrl selecet 3 units of longbowmen then right click on the cavalry, those arrows rout chivilic knights before they can even get close to them.

and english units section offers too many twohanders. dismounted english knights, billmen, heavy billmen at late. those twohand axes do great against both infantry and cavalry. basically you got 16 units out of 20 with armor pericing weapon, longbowmen have both weapon with AP effect. 8 longbow, 7 twohand axe, 3 spears, 2 cavalry. this type of army is pretty overpowered now. it simplely out shoot xbow in missle exchange, owns flanking cavalry, wtfpwn rushing infantry.

please, this have to be rebalanced. increasing yamen archer's cost seems to be an good option. you can't allows a unit to fit 3 rolls at same time(wins missile duel. kill infantry, counter cavalry), beside field 7 twohand axe at 10k game is pretty insane.