Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

Throne Room Caliph Senior Member phonicsmonkey's Avatar

Default Re: V&V OOC/Signup Thread I

Nice, I like it.

Where is it from? I haven't heard it before.
    frogbeastegg's TWS2 guide....it's here!

Come to the Throne Room to play multiplayer hotseat campaigns and RPGs in M2TW.

Involuntary Gaesatae Member The Celtic Viking's Avatar

That's supposedly something John F. Kennedy said, but I first heard it in Black Ops' zombies mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Nightbringer
    OOC,
    honestly, the only reason I recruited those troops is because the two players I was asking permission from were absent from the game at that time. I had gone a couple of turns trying to wait to get permission and simply missed my chance to move because they were not available to respond. I felt confident that given the players past acceptance and my relations with them that they would accept again so I just went through with it to keep the game moving. If the players had spoken up to deny permission I would have simply loaded the save and cancelled this action.

In any case though, I'm willing to play through it like this since their has already been IC debate, I just wanted you to know that I had meant that as an OOC decision with an assumption that the avatars had indeed given permission.
    I still feel that you've overstepped the boundaries, though. No actual permission is no actual permission, so you legally you can't do it no matter how probable it is that you would get it were they to respond. We work with what we've got, not with what we would have if....

Of course, just so that I'm 100% clear here, my issue about this is 100% IC. My (or, more correctly, the Margrave's) complaints are all directed at Jens Herden, not to you, Nightbringer.

Here's an interesting question. A count is created by a duke and can have his title and property taken away by that duke at the drop of a hat.

Does that mean that the Duke can do recruitment, queue up buildings etc in the count's city without his permission? and by extension, could the duke give permission for someone else to recruit in the count's city?

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

As I said, it is for the Kaizer to decide.
    (I thought as much, just was making sure you didn't think I was trying to stretch ooc rules of the game) :)
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

I don't think it does, and it certainly doesn't imply it.

Wandering Metsuke Senior Member Zim's Avatar

If the Duke can take land at whim then I guess he could do it, but only by stripping the count of land and title, likely making himself an enemy.
    V&V RIP Helmut Becker, Duke of Bavaria.

Come to the Throne Room for hotseats and TW rpgs!

Kermit's made a TWS2 guide? Oh, the other frog....

Quote Originally Posted by Zim View Post
    If the Duke can take land at whim then I guess he could do it, but only by stripping the count of land and title, likely making himself an enemy.
    That's how I take it, too.

I love being the most popular guy in the game.

The Margrave and his men just have such a way with people. I'm envious myself.

I know! Makes me wonder why more people don't love him. Actually, it reminds me of my time as the king in WotB. Everyone ended up rebelling against me. I think people must be threatened by the grace and eloquence that I imbibe into my characters.

Senior Member Senior Member Ibn-Khaldun's Avatar
    Blog Entries

If You become king in the coming EB game as well I can assure you that at some point this could happen as well.

In case a new character emerges, my timezone is GMT +10.

Does anyone know whether, if you leave a guy in siege until the city automatically gives up to you, that's considered an aggressive act in defiance of a Papal order?

From what I can remember, it is considered a breach of the mission, so yes.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

I've noted something odd about those missions: Sometimes if you blockade a port by putting a unit on top of the land tile that acts as the port city, it violates the mission but doesn't result in excommunication. Once you fail the mission, you can then perform a more aggressive action which would have ordinarily gotten you excom'ed.

That only works on the "you may be excommunicated" missions. The more serious "You will be" will get you excommunicated.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Hi guys

Just to let you know, I want to create a new subforum in here to move all the V&V game threads into. This is because there is another RPG starting and those guys would like their own sub-forum to keep it separate from this game. So the structure will be TW RPGs as the parent forum and then three sub-fora: Vassals & Valour, Kings of the Nile, Archive Games.

Can you foresee any issues with that, before I go ahead and get it done?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

phonics, your PM caught me as I was about to get ready for work - expect an answer in about 10 hours or so.

Also, we tried the multiple subforums idea a while back but it didn't work for whatever reason. I'm fine with it one way or the other, but just letting you know.

-edit- of course, I may be confusing my memory. It could have been that the subforums worked fine, it's just that the games themselves were inactive. Either way, everything's eventually going to be moved back into the TW RPGs forum once the games in question are finished, I think.
    Last edited by GeneralHankerchief; 06-10-2011 at 01:59.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    phonics, your PM caught me as I was about to get ready for work - expect an answer in about 10 hours or so.

Also, we tried the multiple subforums idea a while back but it didn't work for whatever reason. I'm fine with it one way or the other, but just letting you know.

-edit- of course, I may be confusing my memory. It could have been that the subforums worked fine, it's just that the games themselves were inactive. Either way, everything's eventually going to be moved back into the TW RPGs forum once the games in question are finished, I think.
    Yeah, it's true that the sub-fora will have a finite life. But there are certainly advantages to having the games separated while they are ongoing, for ease of reference for players and spectators, aren't there?

I was thinking we should have a (temporary) sub-fora for each active game and then one permanent Archive sub-forum to put the completed or inactive game threads in. But maybe we just have all the 'archive' threads in the TW RPG parent forum as you suggest.

My PM was just intended to expand upon my post in the Diet - so you can answer publicly if you prefer.

Blog Entries

The subforums worked fine in the past. The games were the ones that became inactive very fast(except WotB that ran a year).
    And it's quite logical that the game threads will be moved here when the games end.

No problems with the subforums that I recall.

What would people think of a new subforum for V&V separate from the archive?

Blog Entries

Although I am not playing V&V, I have followed it from the start. It's own forum could attract people to join the game. The same goes for any other big game.
    Much easier to introduce/advertise a game like this in it's own fora than in a generic forum like this.

True, and I think especially having multiple rpgs it's best if they all have their own subforums apart from an "archive" one. If Cecil is for it I'll request one for both rpgs.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I'm quite happy for the games to get their own subforums; I think it will function as an extra bit of advertising.

Ouch, this will be a bad turn for Von Essen. I waited to late to check on something

Mmmm, Antares is tasty! Senior Member Alien Attack Champion Nightbringer's Avatar

I have a ooc request to make about the recruiting procedure for the Reichsmarshall. Could it possibly be changed so that I have permission extending over several turns or something like that. I have missed several turns now because I have missed the deadline after waiting for a response about recruitment.
    Moderator of The Throne Room
    “Being a Humanist means trying to behave decently without expectation of rewards or punishment after you are dead.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
    "Education: that which reveals to the wise, and conceals from the stupid, the vast limits of their knowledge." ― Mark Twain
    "Imagination is a quality given a man to compensate him for what he is not, and a sense of humor was provided to console him for what he is." ― Oscar Wilde
    “While money can't buy happiness, it certainly lets you choose your own form of misery.” ― Groucho Marx

Do the current rules specifically say by turn? I tried to give a "till end of term" permission.

The Count of Bohemia Senior Member Cecil XIX's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Guys, I'm really sorry for the delay. I accidentally stepped into something IRL that has proven to require much more of my time than I thought. I've taken steps to alleviate the situation, and will get the turn up as soon as I can find the time.

No problem mate, we're standing by. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ugh, this is the worst possible timing I can imagine. I really want to fight this battle (seriously, I've been waiting for about 3 months) but the other day, as I mentioned in the Levantine Struggle thread, my Kingdoms disc chipped and now my computer won't recognize it. I've been around looking for cheap replacements but all of my local stores either don't stock Kingdoms or bundle it with Medieval 2 and Rome and are selling for $30 (which I absolutely refuse to pay considering I have all four games).

I'm probably just going to have to bite the bullet and buy it off Steam, but please don't skip me just yet.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast