Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Thread: Resident Evil 2: DISCUSSION THREAD

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Andres View Post
    Regardless of what you do, I love you.
    What? You're on a lovers team with Pizza?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

Default Re: Announcement

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    What? You're on a lovers team with Pizza?
    Nobody can resist pizza once he has it for you. He knows exactly how to smell and when. I shared some of my happiest moments in life with him.
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

Member thankful for this post:

Default Re: Resident Evil 2: DISCUSSION THREAD

I know how to smell. I just don't know the when.

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I know how to ruin the joke.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Alright.

Plenty of folks have shown a lot of support and are willing to be flexible about the time, even willing to adjourn the game and come back when it's possible to continue. That's good news.

The issue is that we're approaching Super Bowl week, and not just that one day, but the days leading up to it and even afterward are much busier than usual. Every day is like two days worth of business. And I'll be working long days, most of the week.

So nothing can possibly be done until after that's done. After that, I'll request again to my boss that my schedule get restored to what it was prior to Christmas, so it will leave me at least a day or two a week to devote purely to this game.

If you guys can humor me until then, we'll give this one more shot. If I can't make it happen then, it will be a real pity, but I think we all knew I was crazy to try this while holding down a full time job anyway, so at least it wasn't a total surprise.

Fingers crossed this gets resolved soon.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Members thankful for this post (9):

+ Show/Hide List

Liar and Trickster Senior Member Andres's Avatar

You heard the guy. Humor him

Take your best jester suit and be funny !
    Andres is our Lord and Master and could strike us down with thunderbolts or beer cans at any time. ~Askthepizzaguy

Ja mata, TosaInu

It must be more than seven years since I last ordered a pizza. I can't be blamed for this.

smell the glove Senior Member Major Robert Dump's Avatar

I must also point out that Americans are enormous, lazy buttholes and like to order pizza in foul -- especially cold -- weather. And of course not tip. And right now it is cold in the USA
    Baby Quit Your Cryin' Put Your Clown Britches On!!!

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

And how is it in Okrahoma?
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

It's cold there, too, but I am not there nor will I ever be. Here on the island it is a brisk 72F with medium gusts of wind and mild precipitation..... weekend forecast Partly drunk with a chance of horny

I want to play but I don't want you killing yourself to host it :)

I do understand short staffed and too much work.

Pizza: I'll be ready when you are.

Mr Self Important Senior Member Beskar's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You won't get rid of our bromance that easily, Pizza!
    Days since the Apocalypse began
    "We are living in space-age times but there's too many of us thinking with stone-age minds" | How to spot a Humanist
    "Men of Quality do not fear Equality." | "Belief doesn't change facts. Facts, if you are reasonable, should change your beliefs."

just checkin in, pm me when we move forward

Me too PM me on 2+2 please

^^
    co-signed, would prefer a 2+2 PM.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Greetings everyone.

UPDATE and conclusion:

With each passing week I held out some kind of hope that things would improve.

After assistant manager lady quit around Super Bowl time, we lost a ton of drivers, followed by another manager, followed by a third manager, and we're about to lose a fourth manager at the beginning of April. All of these managers were replacements from out of town, and simply could not hack it. As a result of the massive lack of help at work, and the fact that I'm one of the few who seems to continue to show up to work, my off days have been rare and I've usually been too exhausted to do a damned thing when I get home.

The bad news is that this is only going to get worse.

It is now a distinct possibility that I am about to get a promotion at work. One which will move me from hourly to salary, and force me to take on a minimum number of hours and days at work.

This means that I either turn down the promotion (which, tbh, I am considering. I'm exhausted) or I accept, and if I do, that pretty much ends my ability to host games of any kind... ever.

My days will be 10-11 hours long, and I'll be even more exhausted than I already am.

It will never again be possible for me to host a game of this type, and hosting even regular, ordinary mafia game will be pretty much out of the question, unless I'm on vacation. And I can't run a game in 7 days.

Unless the winds of fate change rather dramatically in the next few weeks, I will need to retire completely from being a game host, and also cut back radically on mafia gaming in general.

With a heavy heart, I must give this long-delayed game its resolution. I did not anticipate any of this, I've worked at this place for several years and I've never seen the sort of business we've been getting, or the horrendous staffing and management problems.

Even if I decline the promotion, my hours aren't going to drop. There's just no way out for me.

I regret very much that I am unable to put this game back in gear. Fortunately we didn't get too far in, and its been on pause for a while, so I doubt very many of you will have missed out on too much, except what might have been. This game was supposed to be something grand and it just cannot be.

I'm sorry for all of this, but I want to end on a positive note.

Thank you all, my many friends, most of you have been players in games of mine (and vice versa) for several years, and to the newcomers as well. Thank you for signing up and thank you for participating, and chewing through all those rules and getting those orders in. Thank you to my co-hosts who volunteered to give me some help with gathering stuff together and getting it ready for me, and so on and so forth.

If, and this is a big if, my situation drastically changes, I have all of the game information, map, story, and so forth, all that data is saved. If it is ever possible for me to actually host this thing, I will absolutely invite back everyone who is interested in playing it out. I don't know when that will be, if at all. But it will always be a thing at the back of my mind that I wanted to see played out.

I realize this is just a game but it's rather heartbreaking for me to have to do this. I'm sorry if I haven't responded to PMs about the game. It's been frankly depressing that I couldn't do anything about this game I worked so hard on, and contemplating its early death has been quite saddening to me.

That's all I can really say about that. Thanks for everything, my friends.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Members thankful for this post (14):

+ Show/Hide List

Vindicative son of a gun Member Jolt's Avatar
    Chuck Norris' hand is the only hand that can beat a Royal Flush.

Well, it was good while it lasted. Good luck on your real life ATPG. ;)
    BLARGH!

Thanks for everything pizza. I hope that whatever the outcome is at work, it will turn out best for you.

Oh, and don't be a stranger around here.
    This space intentionally left blank

Go not gentle into that good night...

Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

I DECLARE MYSELF THE WINNER

Quote Originally Posted by The Moocher View Post
    I DECLARE MYSELF THE WINNER

Sultry Gangster Babe Member Diana Abnoba's Avatar
    In a Gangster's Paradise, eating lobster and drinking fine wine.

Understandable Pizza, and thanks for letting us know.

Best of luck with your RL issues, I hope things improve at work for you soon. I know you'll make the best decision for yourself in this matter.

Please don't rule out at least joining some games in the near future (and hopefully hosting again, 'cause you are an awesome host), because the org. (as well as many other forums) would not be the same without you.
    Sultry Mafia Babe
    Diana Abnoba- Goddess of the Hunt

Please don't decline a promotion to a salaried position to host this game. Your career and livelihood are far more important.

Members thankful for this post (3):

Well, we'll miss you, señor Pizzaguy. Don't sacrifice your real life for forum games.
    Last edited by El Barto; 03-23-2014 at 00:54.

<Insert Joke Here> Member Choxorn's Avatar

Solution:

1. Invent Device that allows you to control time.
    2. Get Infinite Time.
    3. Use Time to Host Game.
    4. ???
    5. Profit

Your level of dedication to your job is admirable and also highly depressing.

If you managed my pizzeria in the Philippines, you wouldn't be working nearly as much. Death to America

still making Bowser jokes Member Roach Kill Champion, Donkey Rocket Champion Double A's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Major Robert Dump View Post
    Your level of dedication to your job is admirable and also highly depressing.

If you managed my pizzeria in the Philippines, you wouldn't be working nearly as much. Death to America
    vote: Pizza Hut

At least I got to kill a zombie

Therefore I win.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast