Not a problem Stark. Don't worry about letting me win, 'cos even then I'd find some way to lose.

Glad to know I've helped at least one person hehe. PSP by the way is Paint Shop Pro, you can use any paint package though to gain RGB values.

Anyway

1) This catches almost everyone out when they use Gnome's editor, did me and will many more. Specifying units to a faction for the campaign is completely different to specifying them for custom games, there's another column you need to edit for this, but first you need to find it

Not that the column is hidden mind, but the text is. Go to the last column, 71, titled "Mercenary Units ..."
Click in the box to edit the entry for Clansmen, and suddenly you notice some more text appears:

YES ALL_PERIODS "FN_ENGLISH,FN_FRENCH"

Quite simple from now on, if you want your faction to have Clansmen, add it to the list of factions:

YES ALL_PERIODS "FN_ENGLISH,FN_FRENCH,FN_FREE01"
-or whatever name you have used-

The other two parts, the YES and ALL_PERIODS. I think you can guess ALL_PERIODS, so just set which periods you want the unit in, you probably don't need to change this though. If you do, remember that one entry here doesn't need speach marks: ALL_PERIODS but multiple entries do "HIGH, EARLY"

They YES has nothing to do with the other two, this tells the game whether the unit is usable for Mercenary Armies in the campaign. Can leave this blank and game will assume not.

2) Things to remember about famous kings/heroes. The date you put in is the birthdate, so if you put a famous King with date 1054 he should be 33 years old at the start.

Not sure about why it only accepts the first VnV, but if you look at all the other Kings/Heroes they have just one VnV too. If you can add more than one, just make sure you put them in speach marks like so: "Attack3, Pious2"

3) Now you're talking complicated

Every name in Heroes.txt must have a label and in the names.txt each must be repeated exactly the same and given an identifier.

In heroes.txt you have to have a list like so:

// 18: Celts
ADD_SURNAMES::
"Cuchulian"
"Owen"
"Roe"
"O'Neill"

So long as these are entirely new names (and not names used by other factions) you then need to define them in names.txt

Just below where the other names are defined, write something like:

//New Celtic names