Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: Visor's Small Mafia Game [Concluded]

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Tally as of post 264

Dangit, I red the last 100-150 posts in one go today when I was trying to catch up with the thread (most of it was fluff…). If I had known I would have done the tally as I went. :S
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.
    I see I've been sigged yet again -Askthepizzaguy, 02/08/2012
    Hindsight is 20/20 Askthepizzaguy, 10/07/2013

syö minun šortsini Member Space Invaders Champion, Metal Slug Champion, Bubble Trouble Champion, Curveball Champion, Moon Patrol Champion, Zelda Champion, Minigolf Champion El Barto's Avatar

Default Re: Visor's Small Mafia Game [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    It doesn't understand
    unvote, vote: x
    nor
    unvote; vote: x

Just simply post vote: x. You don't need to unvote.
    If you absolutely want to unvote first, do it in a separate bolded segment, e.g. Unvote and Vote: x

In general, if a vote is recognized by the script, the post header will indicate that the post contains a vote.
    So I'd say people had better just unvote or post a new vote, to avoid confusion. What do we do with the votes of those who might not be around to see this before tomorrow? Going through +200 posts is a freaking drag.
    good lord| if you're telling the truth you're setting new records for scumminess as a townie -Renata on IM, 16/09/2011
    Feles deliberatissimae subiugare humanitiati sunt, et res solae quae eas desinunt canes sunt.

This Space For Rent Member Renata's Avatar

Ah.

vote: Newyn

The OP is misleading.

vote: newyns

O hai,
    vote: BSmith

lol

vote: newyn

Quote Originally Posted by El Barto View Post
    What do we do with the votes of those who might not be around to see this before tomorrow?
    @Visor

Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    O hai,
    vote: BSmith
    Isn't it a bit late for this sort of thing?

El Barto, dear, you are being extremely helpful with the votes, but otherwise are pinging neither the useful townie box I've seen from you recently nor the 'scummiest townie ever' box I think I remember. What's up, scumbuddy?

Quote Originally Posted by Renata View Post
    El Barto, dear, you are being extremely helpful with the votes, but otherwise are pinging neither the useful townie box I've seen from you recently nor the 'scummiest townie ever' box I think I remember. What's up, scumbuddy?
    it is an interesting juxtaposition that he cares so much about the votes while simultaneously not caring who is lynched

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Zack View Post
    it is an interesting juxtaposition that he cares so much about the votes while simultaneously not caring who is lynched
    Anyone can care about other people getting their votes in and the game actually working without caring about who dies at the end. This is a really weird attitude from you.

Isn't it a bit late for this sort of thing?
    It's never late to vote BSmith. One day he'll rand mafia and I'll lynch him on D1.

You're only supposed to call me scumbuddy on the mafia QT.

Anyway, I'm trying to find an unhelpful medium ground.
    I already care and am voting for the oddly unhelpful Montmorency. Feel free to join me.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Sipsclar View Post
    It's never late to vote BSmith. One day he'll rand mafia and I'll lynch him on D1.
    Yyyyeah, right. Just admit you want to be the johnhughthom to his Winston.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    Anyone can care about other people getting their votes in and the game actually working without caring about who dies at the end. This is a really weird attitude from you.
    wut

people should care who get lynched

how am i the one with a "really weird attitude"

like you don't find anything wrong with him not being able to find anything to say other than commenting on incorrect tallies? how is that such a weird observation for me to make??

You used the word ‘juxtaposition’. You never use pentasyllables if you can help it.

wut

people should care who get lynched

how am i the one with a "really weird attitude"
    I think people should indeed care about the lynch, I was just saying that it is understandable for them not to have any strong feelings one way or the other and it is more weird to call someone out for trying to make sure the tools for the game are working.

Zack sounds like Dp's partner to me. Don't mind Renata's vote.

el o el

Quote Originally Posted by Newyn View Post
    Zack sounds like Dp's partner to me. Don't mind Renata's vote.
    Why would a pair of mafia have both distrust each other this much and yet still have one call the other town? Makes no sense.

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

You people need to change your avatars, too many people are playing with the forum default.
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "Lemur. Even if he's innocent, he's a pain; so kill him." -Ignoramus
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur
    Mafia: Promoting peace and love since June 2006

Quote Originally Posted by TosaInu
    At times I read back my own posts [...]. It's not always clear at first glance.

Why would a pair of mafia have both distrust each other this much and yet still have one call the other town? Makes no sense.
    Why would they not?

Illuminated Moderator Pogo Panic Champion, Graveyard Champion, Missle Attack Champion, Ninja Kid Champion, Pop-Up Killer Champion, Ratman Ralph Champion GeneralHankerchief's Avatar
    Blog Entries

After the first two games you've played on the .Org, you're seriously putting anything past this bunch?
    "I'm going to die anyway, and therefore have nothing more to do except deliberately annoy Lemur." -Orb, in the chat
    "I'm going to need to collect all of the rants about the guilty lemur, and put them in a pretty box with ponies and pink bows. Then I'm going to sprinkle sparkly magic dust on the box, and kiss it." -Lemur

Blog Entries

I'm not really sure where the parade of Newyn votes came from besides the usual "lol day 1" sentiment but they need to wait because Dp101 really needs to be strung up today.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    After the first two games you've played on the .Org, you're seriously putting anything past this bunch?
    Fair, fair. I will try to find an alternate avatar too, should have done this earlier.

Quote Originally Posted by GeneralHankerchief View Post
    I'm not really sure where the parade of Newyn votes came from besides the usual "lol day 1" sentiment but they need to wait because Dp101 really needs to be strung up today.
    Still sticking to your case, not touching anything else that happened today? Why me still, just a lack of other good options from your POV? I agree with that sentiment broadly FWIW, no one is pinging me majorly (other than Monty, but he looked equally scummy to me as both scum and town so I hesitate to vote him).

One final minor thing in my defence. In every past game I have been in, if you give me a Q/T I have vanished into it and posted far less and far less openly. Last game, I was neighbourised on the first night and did not post that much/talk that much inthread, with most of my transparency lying in the Q/T. In my first game (which I know is a bit of an anomaly because first game, but it is still relevant I promise) the game thread had 950 posts, with 90 by me as a surviving winning mafia. The mafia Q/T, containing 3 out of the 12 players, had 400 posts, and I posted more than half of them. History has shown that if you give me somewhere to post that is not the main thread, I will pour all my thoughts and posts into them and not post as much in the main thread. Yet, this game, have I done that? I have been posting to the best of my ability rather consistently over the day, and always trying to explain why I did what I did, even if that reasoning seems scummy and is more likely to kill me. Would a mafia really give players this much ammunition to use against them, and would I post this openly in the game thread if I had a Q/T? I wish I had an actual good case to push rather than a simple defence, but alas, this is all I have for now to convince people to not kill me.

One final minor thing in my defence. In every past game I have been in, if you give me a Q/T I have vanished into it and posted far less and far less openly. Last game, I was neighbourised on the first night and did not post that much/talk that much inthread, with most of my transparency lying in the Q/T. In my first game (which I know is a bit of an anomaly because first game, but it is still relevant I promise) the game thread had 950 posts, with 90 by me as a surviving winning mafia. The mafia Q/T, containing 3 out of the 12 players, had 400 posts, and I posted more than half of them. History has shown that if you give me somewhere to post that is not the main thread, I will pour all my thoughts and posts into them and not post as much in the main thread. Yet, this game, have I done that? I have been posting to the best of my ability rather consistently over the day, and always trying to explain why I did what I did, even if that reasoning seems scummy and is more likely to kill me. Would a mafia really give players this much ammunition to use against them, and would I post this openly in the game thread if I had a Q/T? I wish I had an actual good case to push rather than a simple defence, but alas, this is all I have for now to convince people to not kill me.

Quote Originally Posted by Stork View Post
    All I am trying to say is that in games where I am given a Q/T I tend to become less transparent, and I don't feel I am doing that this game.

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast