Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast

Thread: EXIT NEGOTIATIONS

Blog Entries

Default Re: EXIT NEGOTIATIONS

There's a triggered joke in there somewhere.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Quote Originally Posted by Strike For The South View Post
    Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

It was an "identity politics" parallel.
    Vitiate Man.

History repeats the old conceits
    The glib replies, the same defeats

Quote Originally Posted by Greyblades View Post
    Without majority popular approval for a referendum to take place May would be justified in denying them a second referendum so close to the last.
    "Close" is a relative notion. I don't think the time span between the referenda is stipulated by some law. Moreover, Scotland may state changing the international status of the UK (against the will of the Scots) as a reason for a new referendum. So if Nicola is really determined to get a referendum and not just trying to get favorable concessions from London (much as Cameron did with the EU) she should popularize it within her realm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Suraknar View Post
    The article exists for a reason yes, I did not write it...

Blog Entries

It's not a legal issue it is a public patience issue and as exhibited by the poll public patience is against referendums in the immediate future despite such arguments as change in status. This 69% majority against a referendum before brexit is done gives May carte blanche to ignore sturgeon for at least two years.
    Being better than the worst does not inherently make you good. But being better than the rest lets you brag.

Don't be scared that you don't freak out. Be scared when you don't care about freaking out

It's not a legal issue it is a public patience issue and as exhibited by the poll public patience is against referendums in the immediate future despite such arguments as change in status. This 69% majority against a referendum before brexit is done gives May carte blanche to ignore sturgeon for at least two years.
    In the article 51% was mentioned, not 69%. And this is a precarious majority, easily overcome given proper PR campaign.

Praefectus Fabrum Senior Member Anime BlackJack Champion, Flash Poker Champion, Word Up Champion, Shape Game Champion, Snake Shooter Champion, Fishwater Challenge Champion, Rocket Racer MX Champion, Jukebox Hero Champion, My House Is Bigger Than Your House Champion, Funky Pong Champion, Cutie Quake Champion, Fling The Cow Champion, Tiger Punch Champion, Virus Champion, Solitaire Champion, Worm Race Champion, Rope Walker Champion, Penguin Pass Champion, Skate Park Champion, Watch Out Champion, Lawn Pac Champion, Weapons Of Mass Destruction Champion, Skate Boarder Champion, Lane Bowling Champion, Bugz Champion, Makai Grand Prix 2 Champion, White Van Man Champion, Parachute Panic Champion, BlackJack Champion, Stans Ski Jumping Champion, Smaugs Treasure Champion, Sofa Longjump Champion Seamus Fermanagh's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gilrandir View Post
    "Close" is a relative notion. I don't think the time span between the referenda is stipulated by some law. Moreover, Scotland may state changing the international status of the UK (against the will of the Scots) as a reason for a new referendum. So if Nicola is really determined to get a referendum and not just trying to get favorable concessions from London (much as Cameron did with the EU) she should popularize it within her realm.
    Doesn't this just transform then into a Alba version of the Quebec separation referenda ad nauseum stuff?
    "The only way that has ever been discovered to have a lot of people cooperate together voluntarily is through the free market. And that's why it's so essential to preserving individual freedom.” -- Milton Friedman

"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule." -- H. L. Mencken

Headless Senior Member Pannonian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Doesn't this just transform then into a Alba version of the Quebec separation referenda ad nauseum stuff?
    The Leave the EU campaigners promised before the 2016 referendum that they'd continue to campaign to leave if they lost. The Tory right have the situation exactly as they want it, so they're now arguing that any more referendums would be against the will of the people.

Blog Entries

Chronologically the SNP started the trend of bad losership in these matters. In the capacity for bitterness on the other hand would tie the SNP and remain quite evenly.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-09-2017 at 18:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Seamus Fermanagh View Post
    Depends on the determination of those at power who would like to initiate referenda until they get the result they want.

I call it exitmania. The UK wants to exit the exit negotiations:
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/n...00bn-h9cqqtsxc

master of the pwniverse Member Fragony's Avatar

They can, why don't. The EU is holding an empty gun at their head. Eurocrats need humiliation
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-21-2017 at 05:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Fragony View Post
    They can, why don't. The EU is holding an empty gun at their head. Eurocrats need humiliation
    Are you moving to the UK any time soon so that you can experience life outside the EU? Or are you still going on about how life will be brilliant, whilst not having to face any of the consequences?

Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    Are you moving to the UK any time soon so that you can experience life outside the EU? Or are you still going on about how life will be brilliant, whilst not having to face any of the consequences?
    I already did. You seem to forgetting that the protective rules imposed upon you were a burden for making deals with growing economies outside the eurozone. Or maybe there was nothing you could forget because you just didn't know that operating outside the eurozone has consequences for the UK, the EU wants it's cut even if you are a net payer, figures if you don't know that, who does, there is nobody to tell you
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-21-2017 at 08:55.

I already did. You seem to forgetting that the protective rules imposed upon you were a burden for making deals with growing economies outside the eurozone. Or maybe there was nothing you could forget because you just didn't know that operating outside the eurozone has consequences for the UK, the EU wants it's cut even if you are a net payer, figures if you don't know that, who does
    Are you saying that you've moved to the UK?

Yes, Utrecht Kommunity.

and back, just spended some time. You are so pessimistic about all this, there's no reason for that. i know I really annoy you for saying that but I can assure you that what I say isn't just hollow talk, the EU has never been more than a very costly restriction to the global market, fueled only by a ideoligy of the idiotic idea that the EU is responsible for peace in Europe. Get it of me for me please I fucking hate the EU and their judas-kiss, and thankly, you much more influential Brits swamped them and boy are they kicking, knowing

and back, just spended some time. You are so pessimistic about all this, there's no reason for that. i know I really annoy you for saying that but I can assure you that what I say isn't just hollow talk, the EU has never been more than a very costly restriction to the global market, fueled only by a ideoligy of the idiotic idea that the EU is responsible for peace in Europe. Get it of me for me please I fucking hate the EU and their judas-kiss, and thankly, you much more influential Brits swamped them and boy are they kicking, knowing
    Have you ever heard of the song "Common People"?

Have you ever heard of the song "Common People"?
    Sure, was it about you because I don't buy that really, you talk like a upper-middle-class heritaged

Sure, was it about you because I don't buy that really, you talk like a upper-middle-class heritaged
    You really don't get the point of that song, do you?

You really don't get the point of that song, do you?
    I don't get any point that doesn't penetrate my internal-organs, got any poetry to further the point I love sentences from dead man who can't say anything back. Do you understand it all? Of course I don't but at least I know it. I turn ignorance into art

I don't get any point that doesn't penetrate my internal-organs, got any poetry to further the point I love sentences from dead man who can't say anything back. Do you understand it all? Of course I don't but at least I know it. I turn ignorance into art
    It's a bit easier to understand when the author explains the point himself. The headline point is the practice of slumming. However, the salient point is that you don't truly get what a life is like when you can exit it at any time. You've passed through the UK. That's not the same as living in the UK. Stop telling people who live in the UK what the UK is like and will be like. You don't have a clue.

Cos everybody hates a tourist
    Especially one who thinks it's all such a laugh
    And the chipstains and grease will come out in the bath
    Last edited by Pannonian; 05-21-2017 at 13:13.

Ja mata, TosaInu Forum Administrator edyzmedieval's Avatar

The EU won't back down out of this - the 100 billion proposed will stay, so that's a serious stumbling block.
    Ja mata, TosaInu. You will forever be remembered.

Proud

Been to:

Swords Made of Letters - 1938. The war is looming in France - and Alexandre Reythier does not have much time left to protect his country. A novel set before the war.

A Painted Shield of Honour - 1313. Templar Knights in France are in grave danger. Can they be saved?

It's a bit easier to understand when the author explains the point himself. The headline point is the practice of slumming. However, the salient point is that you don't truly get what a life is like when you can exit it at any time. You've passed through the UK. That's not the same as living in the UK. Stop telling people who live in the UK what the UK is like and will be like. You don't have a clue.

Cos everybody hates a tourist
    Especially one who thinks it's all such a laugh
    And the chipstains and grease will come out in the bath
    Explain it better than, all I get is booohoooohooo that was my Ken-dolll you don't understand. Nothing happened so far no, of course not everybody benefits. And not everybody comes there for tourism either.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edyzmedieval View Post
    The EU won't back down out of this - the 100 billion proposed will stay, so that's a serious stumbling block.
    You seem to be rather confident of thier nerve, considering the game of chicken hasnt even started yet.

When the hope of May's undermining finally dies with the election results then I believe we can start making such predictions.
    Last edited by Greyblades; 05-21-2017 at 16:00.

Member thankful for this post:

You seem to be rather confident of thier nerve, considering the game of chicken hasnt even started yet.

When the hope of May's undermining finally dies with the election results then I believe we can start making such predictions.
    When the odds are 27/1 it looks like Mays game of chicken is her standing blindfolded on a motorway.
    As for undermining, did you see the buffoon Boris telling more lies about the lies on the leave bus?
    Last edited by Elephantine; 05-21-2017 at 16:11.

Blog Entries

I saw corbyn saying he'd take a bad deal over no deal, that is a far greater threat to our negociations than a long irrelevant talking point.

If you are here to debate I suggest bringing arguments instead of regurgitating your favourite commentator's one liners. If you are just here to vent, I am sure you can find any number of willing echo chambers on reddit.

heh Brits don't like to be bullied, wether they like miss May or not

edit, that was fast http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...llions-pounds/

Very big lol, stfu, you must (yoda voice)

I love you Brits X, a few indifferences in the past alas

edit2, the UK can actually do this, this is so beautifull, never screw what you can get back three times, are the old ways
    Last edited by Fragony; 05-21-2017 at 16:55.

I saw corbyn saying he'd take a bad deal over no deal, that is a far greater threat to our negociations than a long irrelevant talking point.

If you are here to debate I suggest bringing arguments instead of regurgitating your favourite commentator's one liners. If you are just here to vent, I am sure you can find any number of willing echo chambers on reddit.
    Aren't you a Corbyn fan? ISTR you posting some of their echo chamber arguments in the Labour thread, to counter primary sources that I'd posted.

A bad deal over no deal? Do you understand what no deal entials?
    Perhaps you are just regurgitating the meaningless nonsense that is doing the rounds in the current Mayverse echo chamber.
    Whatever next, brexit means brexit or a strong and stable slogan means a strong and stable slogan?

But anyway , if you are here for meaningful debate do you have any comment on the Boris lying this morning when he claimed that the lie that was sold to the nation over Brexit is included in the manifesto?
    And if it is as you claim a long irrelevant talking point why was the minister talking about it again this morning and trying to convince the voters that the lie he sold is indeed the truth?

oh ffs why is Boris even an argument he's a dead man walking he will be dumped. I'm not English and not good in English sarcasm but even I get that much

Page 9 of 121 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959109 ... LastLast