Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast

Thread: XCOM Mafia [Concluded]

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [In Play]

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthillius View Post
    HOWEVER

i also kinda think dp is town

i think he's being pushed for bad reasons, and i like his responses

he's reacting in a towny way, exactly like i'd expect, i think he'd be a bit more deflecting contrasted with some aggressive posts

here it just feels pretty natural

with that in mind i'm not putting aside the option of something like pizza scum ?maybe csargo? in there and possibly another person i townread

as of right now again i do like all of the listed

would most like to lynch monty, curious what you people, including dp, have to say about him

struggling a little to find wolves as of right now which is why i'm sideeying my townreads

but eh we'll see
    Monty really needs to post more before I can get a good read on him. How does one even read him?

Cuth, what are your thoughts on El Barto in more detail?

Also, I'd probably not call me cs, if that's what you were referring to. That's mildly confusing with a Csargo in the game.

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

HOWEVER

i also kinda think dp is town

i think he's being pushed for bad reasons, and i like his responses

he's reacting in a towny way, exactly like i'd expect, i think he'd be a bit more deflecting contrasted with some aggressive posts

here it just feels pretty natural

with that in mind i'm not putting aside the option of something like pizza scum ?maybe csargo? in there and possibly another person i townread

as of right now again i do like all of the listed

would most like to lynch monty, curious what you people, including dp, have to say about him

struggling a little to find wolves as of right now which is why i'm sideeying my townreads

but eh we'll see
    Monty is entirely nonexistent this game so far, so I'd say that's scummy for him. Decent lynch, I wouldn't be sad to see him go, but still think Dp is a better candidate though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sooh View Post
    I wonder if I can make Csargo cry harder by doing everyone but his ISO.

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_snow View Post
    Cuth, what are your thoughts on El Barto in more detail?
    since i said that pivoted a little

i don't know exactly how to feel about him

i'm not a HUGE fan of the dp vote from him, buut at the same time it's gutsy as scum

i have no real idea how to read him in general though

so imo wait until some people around interactions with him flip

or something

and i was actually talking about csargo, not you

sorry

Senior Member Senior Member Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion, Snowboard Slalom Champion, Monkey Jump Champion, Mosquito Kill Champion Csargo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by crimson_snow View Post
    Also, I'd probably not call me cs, if that's what you were referring to. That's mildly confusing with a Csargo in the game.
    Aww, I thought he thought I had excellent tone. Now I know the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Csargo View Post
    Monty is entirely nonexistent this game so far, so I'd say that's scummy for him. Decent lynch, I wouldn't be sad to see him go, but still think Dp is a better candidate though.
    talk to me about dp's posts during and since the interaction with pizza

i'm not seeing what you're seeing, evidently

talk to me about dp's posts during and since the interaction with pizza

i'm not seeing what you're seeing, evidently
    He's been better since like partway through the interaction with pizza, but a lot of his earlier posts pinged me as scummy. The spam argument, question to me, early back and forth with Pizza were all questionable. Think the latter part of his iso is better, but that doesn't make me want to move my vote. I wouldn't put Monty, C_S, or anyone else are more scummy than Dp101 at this point in the game. Could be that I'm just wrong though, wouldn't be the first time. The feeling in my gut is strong Cuth, real strong.

He's been better since like partway through the interaction with pizza, but a lot of his earlier posts pinged me as scummy. The spam argument, question to me, early back and forth with Pizza were all questionable. Think the latter part of his iso is better, but that doesn't make me want to move my vote. I wouldn't put Monty, C_S, or anyone else as more scummy than Dp101 at this point in the game. Could be that I'm just wrong though, wouldn't be the first time. The feeling in my gut is strong Cuth, real strong.
    I can't grammar

He's been better since like partway through the interaction with pizza, but a lot of his earlier posts pinged me as scummy. The spam argument, question to me, early back and forth with Pizza were all questionable. Think the latter part of his iso is better, but that doesn't make me want to move my vote. I wouldn't put Monty, C_S, or anyone else are more scummy than Dp101 at this point in the game. Could be that I'm just wrong though, wouldn't be the first time. The feeling in my gut is strong Cuth, real strong.
    i agree with the first bit

but i do feel like i'd rather leave him until tomorrow unless something changes

i agree with the first bit

but i do feel like i'd rather leave him until tomorrow unless something changes
    Give me someone scummier, and I'll be more than happy to switch. No one pings me quite as hard itt, but Dp has been better, so maybe that trend will continue. I just don't see anyone who comes close to Dp101 so far. That could change in the morning.

Give me someone scummier, and I'll be more than happy to switch. No one pings me quite as hard itt, but Dp has been better, so maybe that trend will continue. I just don't see anyone who comes close to Dp101 so far. That could change in the morning.
    seems like kinda a strong reaction for d1 and what we've seen

i personally am not at all fond of monty's calling dp town and then making a joke instead of giving reasons

it seems a bit easy

a bit forced

This is how far the multiquoting limit let me go for this post. Halfway through the thread I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Askthepizzaguy View Post
    Logic town and not grasping the subtleties of the force.
    I think I agree.

If anyone tries to lynch you or Champ this game, wipe them out. All of them.
    "You" here is Jowy, right? Oh, reading on, it's referring to Logic. Meh. I think Jowy is townier tbh.

He barged in here without reading everything, some things but obviously not everything, and began posting.
    Oh, interesting that you did have an actual reason for that read. I was wondering what it could be.

He's also active and engaged, for him, by comparison to the previous game on here.
    Maybe, but he promised in the signup thread that he would do better. Actually he'd probably be more inclined to follow up on that promise as scum than as town.

Quote Originally Posted by Jowy View Post
    Btw I'm liking the play from csargo and crimson. Ya'll can join my town core.
    Not impressed by Csargo, see below, but I really like Crimson's style.

Quote Originally Posted by Dp101 View Post
    This is finals week for me, I don't have much energy. I'll go and reread the thread and post something more conclusive in a minute. If you were looking for more opinions from me though, here's one: you are town.
    Not being able to produce any reads except townreading your accuser is a red flag.
    After following Dp's day 1 mafia play in the championship game I've lost some faith in my ability to tone read him. I'd like to think he should be an easy read eventually though.

He's (Pizza) basically always like this, as both alignments, fwiw.
    I disagree. He changes up his style and tends to be very active, but he doesn't play the helpful townie much. PIS?

I thought I had a quote on Csargo saying Dp101 was the strongest scum read by far so far, to which my kneejerk reaction was "no way". Although after gathering my thoughts so far, it's not such an outrageous statement.

I'll continue catching up in a bit, need to get some work done also.

Okay I read the rest of the thread. I kind of agree that Dp wasn't given much room to breathe there and Crimson pretty much nailed it with his "he could be scum, but it's hard to tell" comment.

To answer Pizza's question from earlier my current top town reads are Crimson and Jowy. Jowy has his normal cocksure persona, as Cuth called it (I think "independent thinker" is a better way to put it), and Crimson just reads townie both in tone and process, really. When someone towns so effortlessly as him you put him in your town list and worry about him being an excellent scum player later.

Notes to self:
    Cuth's angle on Monty seems interesting, I should reread that.
    Also reread Champ's entrance to the thread to see if Pizza's read makes sense.

So in a game with Self-meta analysis, meta analysis, and analysis of one's self meta. I'm just kind of trying to muddle through the white noise. It's probably very useful to those here.

That being said a couple of things did stand out.

Oh, I forgot about something critical. Vote: Csargo. It really looks like you are trying to powerwolf from my perspective, and while I may end up voting a townie who just wants to try hard, hit a scum, soar high, and then get shot down by scum, I feel like this kind of early aggressive pushing is more commonly seen from scum on this forum.
    In a vacuum that I currently find myself in this has been the scummiest single post I've seen so far. I know it was addressed later as DP trying to say that he was trying to prove that he was thinking about it and was pre-thinking of arguments and counter points, which I still think is a bad explanation for the post. If he just stopped with the discussion about him being a powerwolf, and the forum meta read, I would have been fine. Maybe attributing to what I think when I'm scum is unfair, but pre planning answers to arguments is not something I tend to do if my intentions are good. Also a pre-emptive NK analysis seems suspect too.

In the end it did feel like DP put a lot of thought into this post, but more thought then was necessary.

Here's something to break up the post and to separate the thoughts.

The second thing that stands out to me is Barto's pressure of me and subsequent ignorance of it, even after I addressed it in a non-commital, half confrontational way. Early pressure and votes seem to be a rather important part of the meta here. So I kind of have a question that i hope doesn't get lost in this wall of text that's forming. With new players, how likely is a null read lynch likely to happen? Is it kind of a courtesy policy to not lynch a new player in that situation?

If the answer is yes to this question, would a town not reroll for pressure? Further if Bart is scum, it's an easy vote to place knowing it won't get much traction and likely little information, but still appears like he's participating by deliberately picking a weak vote on a not likely to be lynched target.

If he kept pressuring me after my response I'd feel better about this interaction. Playing the helpful townie explaining how the pressure works here, asking if I'm just not going to respond to pressure, are just two options I would have liked to have seen among many. There's a precedent for players not responding to early pressure that has already been stated in thread, but with no meta to read on me there's no way he'd know this. Instead of pushing more, he ignores the interaction entirely then votes for low hanging fruit with some built-in cover. (The Cover being CSARGO and ASTPG who I have slight town reads for different reasons...ASTPG mainly for his insistence that he was going to bed and then not actually going to bed and still posting in thread).

SOOOOOOO

Vote: El Barto

With Bart voting for him, I think DP is likely telling the truth about being unable to participate and just made a bad post (from my perspective), and Barto is trying to cash in on the opportunity to get in some low information participation votes early.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredwood View Post
    So I kind of have a question that i hope doesn't get lost in this wall of text that's forming. With new players, how likely is a null read lynch likely to happen? Is it kind of a courtesy policy to not lynch a new player in that situation?

If the answer is yes to this question, would a town not reroll for pressure?
    I'm not that at home on this forum, but I would venture that the answer is "sort of". It's like on most forums I guess, in that people try to give the new guy a chance, but when it comes down to it they end up as the default lynch anyway. That's how it is on RealmsBeyond at least, where I've played most of my games.

i personally am not at all fond of monty's calling dp town and then making a joke instead of giving reasons

it seems a bit easy

a bit forced
    Fact checking, that's not what he did, though?

Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    DP town.
    Why? Just tone?
    Quote Originally Posted by Montmorency View Post
    It's all we got, babe.
    He gives a reason, namely tone - which is all we've got at this point, according to him. Where's the joke?

Default Re: XCOM Mafia [Game Thread]

Pizza's read on Champ checks out. Champ did start posting immediately and then commented on the night posting rule afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    Henlo xcom
    you stinky humans
    go get flanked, ugly
    Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    posting at night Attachment 19707

I'm going to Vote: Cuthilius for that misrepresentation of Monty, for lack of better ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    This is how far the multiquoting limit let me go for this post. Halfway through the thread I think.

I think I agree.

"You" here is Jowy, right? Oh, reading on, it's referring to Logic. Meh. I think Jowy is townier tbh.

Oh, interesting that you did have an actual reason for that read. I was wondering what it could be.

Maybe, but he promised in the signup thread that he would do better. Actually he'd probably be more inclined to follow up on that promise as scum than as town.

Not impressed by Csargo, see below, but I really like Crimson's style.

Not being able to produce any reads except townreading your accuser is a red flag.
    After following Dp's day 1 mafia play in the championship game I've lost some faith in my ability to tone read him. I'd like to think he should be an easy read eventually though.

I disagree. He changes up his style and tends to be very active, but he doesn't play the helpful townie much. PIS?

I thought I had a quote on Csargo saying Dp101 was the strongest scum read by far so far, to which my kneejerk reaction was "no way". Although after gathering my thoughts so far, it's not such an outrageous statement.

I'll continue catching up in a bit, need to get some work done also.

Quote Originally Posted by novice View Post
    I'm not that at home on this forum, but I would venture that the answer is "sort of". It's like on most forums I guess, in that people try to give the new guy a chance, but when it comes down to it they end up as the default lynch anyway. That's how it is on RealmsBeyond at least, where I've played most of my games.
    So as the basis for my read, does him rolling a random new guy for pressure give you any useful information? Do you think the answer is enough for me to reassess my read?

As for Cuth: I'm a stickler for misrepresentation usually but Cut's post didn't ping me as misrepresentation when I read it. I'll grant that I didn't look back at Monty and DP's interaction though.

Know the dark side Member Askthepizzaguy's Avatar

Sup.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Ok after sleep and a quick re-read of the whole game, these are my contrarian thoughts.

What is so towny about Jowy? Help me out here. I'm not seeing it. Lot of people saying Jowy is townie but I didn't see anything alignment indicative to me. So someone knows something about Jowy that I don't. Sell me if you're selling.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

My feeling about csargo was that I liked his methods and style and risk-taking this game, but I cannot say he's especially towny.

In fact, if dp101 is town especially, I feel like csargo could be taking advantage of my friendly posture towards him in recent games, knowing that I am a csargo fan and want to see him town well.

At least, that's the unspoken vibe I'm getting.

I don't have a specifically scum read on him, no case, I just feel a bit taken for a ride, as a good possibility.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Feel better about Cuth but no strong lean yet. He's not out of any zone.

Monty, no bet. His process and reads across games seem ass-backwards to me, and he's not revealing a lot about himself this game.

So, he'll always be tough to read. But I don't have a scum lean there.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Not comfortable with Novice, not comfortable with Fredwood. Will re-read both.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

Not going to get on Winston's case yet or Sooh's or Auto's or BSmith's for not posting much yet.

This game and this site too casual to press on that kind of thing, so enjoy your free round. I want to see a process I can understand, and 4 townies and a scum lean by midday D2 from each of you. 2 townies a day is not hard to find.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

individual isos now. Free talk whenever I'm done, leave questions for me. No one's here anyway.
    #Winstontoostrong
    #Montytoostronger

My feeling about csargo was that I liked his methods and style and risk-taking this game, but I cannot say he's especially towny.

In fact, if dp101 is town especially, I feel like csargo could be taking advantage of my friendly posture towards him in recent games, knowing that I am a csargo fan and want to see him town well.

At least, that's the unspoken vibe I'm getting.

I don't have a specifically scum read on him, no case, I just feel a bit taken for a ride, as a good possibility.
    I genuinely think Dp is scum, so I make no apologies for pushing/voting him. If I'm wrong, then so be it, but I don't think I am. I also hate the theories pushed by C_S/novice just fyi. This is D1, and the pressure Dp has been under is moderate, but not terribly severe I don't think. Not enough to make a townie post poorly imo, so those arguments make me sad.

Enjoy the paranoia about me though, that's always nice. Gearing up to lynch me tomorrow, or maybe today ATPG? I won't go gently into that good night, so just be warned. Do you see any parallels between this game and the Pokemon one ATPG from me? I don't understand why you're trying to throw shade on me right now, considering in this game, you've got the most experience playing with me. I just find it terribly odd. If you come after me though, at least it'll be fun.

I hope you enjoy the ride ATPG :)

Facilitating Understanding Member Dp101's Avatar

Ok after sleep and a quick re-read of the whole game, these are my contrarian thoughts.

What is so towny about Jowy? Help me out here. I'm not seeing it. Lot of people saying Jowy is townie but I didn't see anything alignment indicative to me. So someone knows something about Jowy that I don't. Sell me if you're selling.
    I think I actually agree with this statement. I only gave him a single town point for keeping to his meta, which really doesn't mean much in the grand scheme of things, and I would like to see more from him at this stage.

Page 12 of 75 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast