Thread: auto assign titles good or bad?

Noob question...

Should I turn auto-assign titles on or off? Do they automatically assign them to people with low or high loyalty? or what?

i havent had good experiences with them. every time i've had it off, loyalty hasnt been a problem. when i turn it on all of a sudden my many of my generals are disloyal. But that might be because I've been checking more lately.
    Que usque tandem abutere, Catilina, patiencia nostra?

Personally, I try to control everything as much as possible....Of course when you get tons and tons of provinces it gets to be a big pain in the arse....but when you are smaller you really should do it all yourself......
    How many times have we gone and let the ai control a battle, seeing that we have the enemy outnumbered and we are in defense....just to see the defeat screen....
    That is what taught me not to let the puter run MY empire... LOL
    But then it is fun to let it do things just to see how it will work out.....IF I am serious about the campaign I take the time and energy........
    But I will be getting my internet up to the new mountain house soon and probably won't be doing much more sp anyway,,,,

------------------
    Watashiwa Yagyu Jubei desu! Ganbate!
    Watashiwa Yagyu Jubei desu Ganbate

I think the biggest draw back in using auto-assign is that the computer assigns titles to the best general in that turn. If a better general spawns later on you have to reassign manually. I hate this as I want my govenors with highest acumen possible adminstering my best economic provinces.

Slapshooter Senior Member el_slapper's Avatar

Assigning titles is quick, and can REALLY make the difference. If you have just built the admiralty, and have a 7-stars general 2 turnes aways, well, waiting till he's there is a good idea...

------------------
    War is not about who is right, only about who is left
    War is not about who is right, only about who is left

Having a point of view upon everything is good
    Having a view upon every point is better

you can drop titles on units anywhere
    they dont have to be in the same province...