Thread: Hard vs Expert

I recently finished a expert game. I thout it was damn hard in battles. I read somewhere that playing on expert the ai got a bonus on their valor.

Anyway I started a new campain on hard only to see the diferens.

I began as I did in the expert game but it didnt go that well even if I had more money from the start. And in the battles I lose the same but sometimes I lose more.

So my question to all of u is:
    Which difficulty do u think is harder???

This is my first game on hard so I dont have that much exp on this level, but I was stunned that it is harder on hard then it is on expert.

Well the battles are harder on Expert but the overall is harder on Hard. Hope u understand what I mean.

------------------
    There I see my father.
    There I see my mother, my sisters and brothers.
    There I see my line of ancestors back to the beginning.
    They call on me and ask me to take my place with them in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.
    There I see my father.
    There I see my mother, my sisters and brothers.
    There I see my line of ancestors back to the beginning.
    They call on me and ask me to take my place with them in the halls of Valhalla where the brave may live forever.

TheViking a.k.a AggonyViking a.k.a FearTheViking a.k.a WildboarViking

The ai is a joke whether it be on hard or expert. Just get 15 peasants and a katapractoi and stand on a hill.

The devs said the tactical AI is at its best on Hard. On Expert you're simply fighting enemy troops with an unfair morale boost.

Quote The ai is a joke whether it be on hard or expert. Just get 15 peasants and a katapractoi and stand on a hill.[/QUOTE]

Problematic? Yes. But I wouldn't call it a joke as it is among the best tactical AI in a wargame since Sid Meier's Gettysburg and the Breakaway games based on that same engine. My biggest complaint is the apparent lack of decisiveness the AI exhibits when attacking and its inability to stay put on good ground when defending. On the attack it's flanking maneuvers are impressive and appreciated but when it comes time to engage your troops it simply doesn't commit to a full on attack as it should. I'd say it suffers from a bad case of 'second thoughts'.
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)