Thread: Quick Expert question...

I have a quick question about expert difficulty... I heard that on this mode the AI either gets bonus morale or damage or something in battle, but what about the strategy map? Does it behave more "intelligently" on the strategy portion as well (more trade routes, rebuild destroyed buildings, etc) ?

I just wonder since on hard, the AI seldom seems much different than the easy ai on the map.

Oh yeah and what exactly is the bonus on expert in combat again for ai? Extra damage/Attack?

I've only played expert...and I find it hard to believe that the campaign AI could make worse decisions I think there is a 30% valour bonus, or morale bonus, never really paid much attention to it, whatever it is, its not enough. You really need to play 'house' or 'ironman' rules to make it challanging, can't expect the ai to do it;(.
    Mal

Cocky bastard........

I mean that in the best way possible.

------------------
    What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.
    What is it that makes a complete stranger dive into an icy river to save a solid gold baby? Maybe we'll never know.

I wanna be a real boy! Member chunkynut's Avatar

I think on another thread it was said basicaly a +2 morale bonus for the AI troops on top of the Hard difficulty.

But the AI is the same behaviourly.

Draw up your own conclusions as to whether you use expert or hard (because all expert gets is a bonus on hard). I play on hard because i feel that it reduces the fairness for the AI to get a bonus but no increase in ability. Thats my opinion tho and your game style may romp over the Hard AI.