Thread: Marriages rarely accepted

Member Member Mori Gabriel Syme's Avatar

I have noticed that after about 50 years, no one will marry my princess or give a princess to marry my princes--even my allies. Most of my generals & governors end up married; might as well give them some extra loyalty instead of getting the spinster message.

Am I doing something wrong? My king's influence is as high as it can be; I may not be the very largest faction, but I'm not small either. It's really puzzling, & as my heir approaches 60 years old, it's becoming worrisome.

------------------
    Others enslave by victory,
    Their subjects, as their foes, oppress;
    Anna conquers but to free,
    And governs but to bless. -- Edmund Smith (Anna stands for England)

They probably percieve you as a threat, or noone woirth bothering with. Check out the threads about alliances/ceasefires not being accepted, it's the same thing.
    Some people get by with a little understanding
    Some people get by with a whole lot more - A. Eldritch

I had a question about marriages and stuff as well. One I get one of my sons married to a princess from another faction....is it possible to lay claim to that faction if they have no heirs ?

Basically my plan was to assassinate all of the heirs and faction leaders of another faction in order to get their lands. Does anyone know if this is possible ?
    Let your manhood be seen by the push of your pike:- Owen Roe O'Neill at the Battle of Benburb 1646

It should be, but I have never observed that happening, and would be really interested to hear if somebody has. There was a discussion a while back where it was suggested that you have to have a princess married to the king who dies without a heir, and not just anybody, for this to occur, but it was only a speculation as far as I know.
    Some people get by with a little understanding
    Some people get by with a whole lot more - A. Eldritch

Well Hrvojej I havent either gained any provinces from marriage...but I have seen on several occasions that factions get eliminated and turned into rebelstates cause the dying King has no heirs.

[This message has been edited by Earl of Sweden (edited 10-09-2002).]