Thread: How to restore my royal family

Im playing as the hre and am doing well but my royal family are all cowards and drunkards, anyone have any handy tips to get them back on track? My kings have been marrying aristocrats because i need to stay allied to most of the european nations to help fight the massive elmo empire, so i dont get proposals from these nations

"The mind is everything. What you think you become."

"The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed."

Buddha

The Novgorod and the Sicilians have been good to me when I play as the Byz. In one game, I had five out of six heirs married to Sicilian princesses. Don't go for the major players, go for the minor factions. They're generally tickled pink to get rid of their princesses. (Though the Hungarians had three princesses just sitting around doing nothing, and they STILL wouldn't give them away!)

Alternatively, find a disloyal governor who is otherwise incredible. Fill his province with disloyal generals. Strip the governor of his title (by hitting him with an emmisary).

With any luck, you'll get a civil war. Support the rebels. The army will split depending on how loyal each general is to the king.

You may end up having to conquer rebel provinces, though. But if you need to improve the quality of your royalty, nothing beats starting a new dynasty.

as pragmatic suggest but a way to ensure more people support you is to have all provinces guraded by armies commanded by generals with 3 or less loyalty if possible and stack all the loyal generals in the kings province
    this way the rebels can easily outnumber the king and winning the civil war can be easier