Thread: How does valor bonus from buildings work?

I don't really understand how valor bonuses from upgrades work right now as is... If I have the highest level possible swordsmith and I make a FMAA, how much valor will he get when built? What if I make a chivalric MAA, what will it be for him?

I can't figure out what units I should make in campaign.. all this talk about upgrades is confusing... if I understand it right, the more elite units get no bonuses with the best buildings, while the cheap units get good bonuses and are hence better than the elite one's?

I just checked in my game, I have fortresses with the highest possible swordsmith for that level (second highest.. next comes after I get Citadel i think).. yet whether I make feudal men at arms or chivalric men at arms, they all start with 0 valor. Same thing with spear units with the best spear maker buildings.. whether I make spearmen or chivalric sergeants, they all start with 0 valor..

How does it work?

The manual doesn't do a good job explaining it, but I'm pretty sure valor must be earned through battle.

Well, after a quick check, apparently I'm wrong. I'll shut up now...

It's not working correctly and is being patched. I'd wait until it comes out before trying to understand.

Grifman

Senior Member Senior Member Dorkus's Avatar

To answer your question, there are two types of units that are getting valor bonuses from buildings.

The first and second level units in the spear line (e.g., nubian spearman and saracen infantry for egypt... spearman and feudal sergeants for most european factions), and the first and second level units in the militia line (urban militia and militia sergeants for most factions).

Note that if you build the THIRD building in the spear or militia line (spearmaker's guild or town militia), then you LOSE this valor bonus. This is probably (almost certainly) a bug.