Thread: Encouraging reemergence

Is there any way to encourage a faction to come back? For example, in my current game the Sicilians have eliminated the Papacy. A new Pope has come back once but didn't survive for long.

I want the papacy around so that I can crusade. I would also like to have the Spanish show up more often to keep the Elmos off my back.

I know many people feel that factions come back too often, but I would still like to support a faction's return. Anyone know of anything I can do to increase the probability? I wish I could just march in a liberate the Papal states, but there is no way to donate a province...which sucks.

------------------
    Kyle Goodridge

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

Try sending in 10 to 15 spies to stir the pot. I did that in Constantinople after the Sicilians were eliminated from that province by the Hungarians. It took about 5 years of rebellions by rebel factions, then suddenly the Sicilians re-emerged there.

------------------
    Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.

[This message has been edited by Hosakawa Tito (edited 10-10-2002).]
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

I wanna be a real boy! Member chunkynut's Avatar

Hosakawa Tito's answer is a good subversive one but you could attack the normal papal lands and then withdraw.

Thats only if that is feasible i.e. you dont mind war with scilly.

I think below 140% loyalty is the faction comeback time for the spies tho.