Thread: Ahh... surrounded they said

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

well, im in the middle of a hard HRE campagin, and decided to try tough it out early and get my provs with a higher tech than most others... so i go along playing, making alliances with all my neighbours bar the french. As it happens, theyre the first do decide they dont like me, so i see the little frogs invade, lucky for me i anticipated it, and won the battle, as a result the polish break there alliance with me, no big deal. The next turn sees me take tolouse and ille de france, leaving the frenchies with only thier northern provs and brittany. I decide to consoidate, and i get some relative peace.

about 10-15 yrs down the track i end up getting annoyed at the french for getting some forces, so i take over flanders and champagne, leaving them with brittany. The same turn the daft poles decide they want bohemia, and no anticipating the attack, i let them have it. The next turn see's me all but wipe out the poles, but at a large cost.. most of my allies side with the weak poles. The next turn im off fighting the danes who thought saxony looked good, and i am soon left with only the Aragonese as allies. By this time i have finally got some ships in the north, and i see that the danes have left the rest of scandinavia as usual.

Going back to the french, and they launch a campagin against the English, leaving them with nothing... that is until the abandoned a seige to attack me... well, from there it was the end of France, i pillage thier new lands, and leave them with brittany and a king with no hiers. I leave the English lands in france, as i want them to remain my allies... moving north again.

I find now that i might as well conquer those sweedes... here is where it all went odd... first of all in the turn after i attacked, the norweigens decide on helping thier rebel friends, i loose the battle, and soon realise that somehow there is a rebel empire forming here... leaving just one rebel faction to control sweeden and Norway... i leave them as i dont have the manpower to take them immediatly, and then i find them taking Denmark and saxony from me. This is where i srand now.. a ravaging united viking army in the north, a divided france in the west, a strong border to the east, and preparing to reunite the HRE of old in the south... I want to kill the norweigen empire, but i also want to watch how big they can get... so im thinking of leaving them to thier own devices... and then taking italy instead, ill keep you all posted on this phenomena of a united rebel kingdom
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

GO NORWEGIANS GO!!!

I AM A MIGHTY TRADER AND WARRIOR!!

Good luck man, good stuff btw. Love to read other peoples stories of their game

Bored Avid Gamer Member Alrowan's Avatar
    Sydney, Australia... that place down under...

well now for a short update...

today all hell has broken loose in my German empire, i better start from where i left off...

I decided on send some crusades on their way to the middle east, so here i am building up large armies, and sending them off on crusades. It is relitivly peacful in the empire itself, but none of my crusades are able to cut it when they arrive... little did i know that for every failed crusade, my king began to lose influence, and soo i had a revolt and civil war on my hands. most of my souther proviences rebelled, and these were also the ones with the larger ammount of elite armies, as i was saving them for crusades, well i manage to conain the civil war quickly, i get my king killed, as by now his influence of 3 would mean more civil wars, and finally contain and recapture my lost southern realms.

So on i go, i have reclaimed much of my land, though i did have some large losses, and it will take some time to rebuild. But i never did stop with winning the civil war, i went on south and conquered the Itallians mainland empire, as they had been excommunicated. So now i have my sights set on the rest of the itallian peninsula, and restoreing the once mighty HRE
    Llew Cadeyrn/Alrowan - Chieftain of Clan Raven

I too have restored the Roman Empire...only its under the Italian flag :-P
    Praise the Lord for He is mighty and great!