Thread: Greek Alt codes?

Default Greek Alt codes?

Hi there

I assume there are people here who use Greek letters fairly often, and I was wondering whether there was anywhere where I could get a full list of four-digit Alt codes for Greek letters. I specifically need the lowercase "n" (i.e. the one that looks like a "v") and the same letter except with a bar over it, for neutrino and antineutrino symbols respectively.

If you could point me in the right direction (or just tell me the Alt codes), that would be great!

P.S. I have a QWERTY keyboard, if that makes a difference.

Senior Member Senior Member Tellos Athenaios's Avatar

Default Re: Greek Alt codes?

I use specific fonts for getting my Greek chars.

Anyways, you're probably working with some sort of advanced text editor, so you probably have an option 'special symbols' or sth. It should bring up a box with all sorts of symbols, among them probably what you are looking for - with the option to set a hotkey combination for them.

Apart from that you might want to try if your text editor has built in formula wizards/scripts/generators ? (Word and swriter have...)
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Hello to you too!

I do use greek, but being greek, I kinda have to. A way to do that would be to install greek on your windows xp. No need to alarm yourself, you can work perfectly at english then switch at greek with a combination of keys, aka ALT+SHIFT. (I think that is the default way).

Start/Control Panel/Regional and Language Options and from that point on click on "Languages" then on to "Details" to find out Greek and install it on your PC as the case may be.

You may not want to do that, so another way would be to save the following letters and copy/paste them on any occasion.

ΑΒΓΔΕΖΗΘΙΚΛΜΝΞΟΠΡΣΤΥΦΧΨΩ
    αβγδεζηθικλμνξοπρστυφχψω

(alphabet in greek first in capital letters than in lower ones). This however may be cumbersome, if you want to write more than once or twice so I would wholeheartedly recommend the initial option.

You like EB? Buy CA games.

Cheers guys - any obvious way of getting the antineutrino symbol though? I've searched the Insert Symbol... feature in Word as well as the Character Map with no success (the sort of thing I need can be seen at Antineutrino, for example).

Senior Member Senior Member Tellos Athenaios's Avatar

What, you never heard of.... equations?

(Insert, Equation in Word 2007; and it files under 'object' IIRC with older versions.)
    - Tellos Athenaios
    CUF tool - XIDX - PACK tool - SD tool - EVT tool - EB Install Guide - How to track down loading CTD's - EB 1.1 Maps thread

ὁ δ᾽ ἠλίθιος ὣσπερ πρόβατον βῆ βῆ λέγων βαδίζει” – Kratinos in Dionysalexandros.

Oh, I'd done that already - I needed it to be available as in-line text; but I've managed it now, using Unicode.

Thanks for your help, Tellos Athenaios and keravnos!