Thread: Possible Bug

I got a very annoying little mistake in ym copy of MTW. Whenever I connect for a multiplayer game, I have to re-enter my CD key. The file that usually stores this, internet.cfg if I remember correctly from my Shogun days, is nowhere to be found!

I checked the errorlog today to find something worth patching if more people are having this problem: apparently certain gamefiles are accessed in a very old and non-existant foldertree called 'C:\Crusades' or something similar.

So my question is twofold:
    * Can I fix this manually?
    * Will this rather silly construction be fixed in the patch?

The CD key is stored in LogonDetails.cfg. You shouldn't have to reenter it after the first successful login, although the menu is misleading in that respect.

And the errors about "c:\crusaders" are stating where in our source tree certain file calls are harmlessly failing. So, nothing to worry about.

Gil ~ CA

[This message has been edited by GilJaysmith (edited 10-10-2002).]
    Gil ~ CA

This Panda

Hmmm... OK.. I'll give it a try without re-entering it. Thanks!

(just in case: what do I do if it persists?? would reinstalling the game take away the problem?)

And guess what.. It persisted . I got a 'log-on error'! And when I re-entered the key, I was fine.

PLACE BIG QUESTION MARK HERE

Sorry for the tripple post...

This was in the error.log:

Errors for session started: Fri Oct 11 00:14:41 2002

C:\Crusaders\internet.cpp(1728) : File Error : fopen("Internet.cfg", "rb") - "No such file or directory"(2)
    C:\Crusaders\internet.cpp(1728) : File Error : fopen("Internet.cfg", "rb") - "No such file or directory"(2)