Thread: Muwahid Foot Soldiers

Playing my first campaign as the English, I have been fighting the Turks for over 100 years (just finished em off). One unit I will be happy to never see again is the Muwahid Foot Soldier. These guys are real pit bulls. They NEVER rout off the map, and rarely have I seen them back off until down to 10 men or less. Nice attack too. If they get at your flanks its like the Tasmanian devil. Groups of 10 and less have decimated many of my units that are chasing routers off the map (until I got wise to this).

Anyway, I was curious about the history behind this unit. Anyone care to enlighten me?

i find they are suckers if given a rabbit to chase
    i send jinettes near them, then lead them on a merry dance out alone before flanking with another jinettes unit

it must be power of faith
    Turkish Power

Yes, they are one of the most reliable units that muslims get. Fast, effective, and prone to fight till the end. You'll learn to love them when you play the muslims.
    Some people get by with a little understanding
    Some people get by with a whole lot more - A. Eldritch

Muwahid are nice, but they are outclassed by Saracen and AUM to ever train any. IMHO

JoBeare

A sixty man spear unit.....just seems to defeat the entire point of spears number superiority....

"A sixty man spear unit.....just seems to defeat the entire point of spears number superiority...."

Hehe, try out some Billmen sometime. 100 men worth of whoopass packed into 60 men.

Saracen? But they have the Poor Morale listed on them. Doesn't that mean they would rout much easier?

Jrock - Just about all spears in this game have low moral.

Cart - I disagree....Billmen = Milita Sergs with bonus to cavalry.

Billmen are nice since they are easy to get and Mercia gives +1 valor and English get 25% discount in SP. Valor 1 Billmen costing 225 florins is a big difference vs. Valor 0 Billmen costing 300.

I use muwahid as my cavalry killers as Almohad and flankers as Egyptians. My Egyptian army is saracen infantry in the middle, muwahid in the inner flanks and ghazi in the outer flanks. I add a few other troops as well. For Almohad, it's all AUM with muwahid as flankers and anti-cavalry and a few murabitin against the stronger enemies.

JRock,
    I think that the larger size of the Saracen plus the better defence and better armour make them a tougher nut to crack. Its just too hard to inflict enough casualties to make them break unless you can hit them with enough armour piercing weapons, like 8 demi-culverin.

JoBeare