Thread: Replacing worthless generals?

Okay, you have an elite unit. It's very expensive. It's got armor and weapon upgrades. It's got a valor upgrade, as well. It's been through several battles, and has gained valor that way, too.

But the general is piss-poor when it comes to leading troops. Those "Coward" and "Good Runner" vices don't help much.

So, how do you get rid of the general? Disbanding the unit is not an option, since it's so valuable. Is the only option assassination? That can be tough on a general....

Afraid so. Assasination is the only way I can think of (short of trying to get him killed in battle whilst keeping the rest of his unit alive...a tricky task!)

------------------
    It's getting warm in here...that must be one hell of an INFERNO!
    It's getting warm in here...that must be one hell of an INFERNO

Kraellin: ROFL...sick, sick, sick...rofl...sick, sick, sick...ROFL. You should be banned, Inferno, but before you go, post a few more. lol

... or you could get a spy to frame him for treason

------------------
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, for he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother be he ne're so vile, this day shall gentle his condition. And Gentlemen in England, now a bed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here and hold their Manhoods cheap, whilst any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispines day.

William Shakespeare - Henry V
    We few, we happy few, we band of brothers, for he today that sheds his blood with me, shall be my brother be he ne're so vile, this day shall gentle his condition. And Gentlemen in England, now a bed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here and hold their Manhoods cheap, whilst any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispines day.

... or come to think of it, send an inquisitor after him if his piety is pretty low.

------------------

Yep, and there you have it, the Three Ways: Assassination, Spy Trial or Heresy Trial.

I myself prefer the latter two, because even if I fail, at least the agent does not die as a result. I have noticed that surviving an Inquistion raises a general's Piety by 1, however (which I suppose is quite understandible!).

Also, the latter two options will reveal hidden V&V's on the target general (assuming he survives). Some might be good, and change you opinion of the guy! : )

Coucy
    Sire de Coucy

You could also use his unit to replenish other depleted units. When it's just the general left you sack him.

Quote Originally posted by Inferno:
    Assasination is the only way I can think of (short of trying to get him killed in battle whilst keeping the rest of his unit alive...a tricky task!)
    [/QUOTE]

Have him stand around within enemy catapult range? Works for the AI .. he'll be trying to do headers with elephant-sized chunks of rock in no time .. MINE!

Quote Originally posted by Wart:
    You could also use his unit to replenish other depleted units. When it's just the general left you sack him. [/QUOTE]

good one wart, and best way for me too
    Hail the Frog Supremo
    For He is Dashing and Well Dressed