Thread: A bug or a feature?

Every time when I fighting with an army with more than 16 units, espetially when I am attacker, all my reserves comes already "very tired". What is this, a bug or a feature?

Senior Member Senior Member MonkeyMan's Avatar

where are you fighting, what faction are you and what kind of troops are they. Might just be a terrain specific thing like armoured guys getting tired in the desert.

Or if you are at the other end of the map and they have a long way to travel to get there.
    Big rocks and crossbow bolts pay no heed to rank or valour

I was a german and some troops were armored but even peasants were appeared very tired right avay. When I clicked "get reserve" they for a milliseconds looks like "fresh" and then "very tired".
    And also, I'm playing "great archievement" game, and somvhere in the middle of game, after one of reloads, my goals was changed. Is this OK?

No it doesn't sound OK. Both of your issues sound like bugs to me.

Post your problem here and in the official forums and keep a copy of the saved games and replays in case the devs ask you to send them the files for evaluation.
    "Why spoil the beauty of the thing with legality?" - Theodore Roosevelt

Idealism is masturbation, but unlike real masturbation idealism actually makes one blind. - Fragony

Though Adrian did a brilliant job of defending the great man that is Hugo Chavez, I decided to post this anyway.. - JAG (who else?)

karoshi Senior Member solypsist's Avatar

don't forget the longer a battle takes the more tired your guys get, even if they're just waiting around not doing anything.

Hope guides me Senior Member Hosakawa Tito's Avatar

I have the same thing happen to my reinforcements, even when I'm set up on my end of the map so they don't have far to march. I also play glorious achievement campaigns and the goals do change from time to time, you usually get signalled about the change when the GA button is flashing. I believe both of these conditions are a feature and not a bug.

------------------
    Diplomacy is the art of telling someone to go to hell so that they look forward to making the trip.
    "He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose." *Jim Elliot*

If its a design decision, its a poor one. It seems to me, reinforcements should arrive fresh. The 16 unit limit is enough of a 'penalty' for the guy with superior numbers as it is.

olaf

It's a feature. Notice that if you call for the reinforcements right away, they will come in fresh. The longer you wait, the more tired they will be when they appear, but will never be below two bars ("quite tired"). My guess is that it's supposed to simulate that those units have been standing "somewhere", if not on the battlefield, and you have noticed that your troops get progressively more tired as the battle drags on, even when only standing and regardless of the environment. Although you only have 16 units on the field at the time, you're still fighting with your entire army. If all the reinforcements would come in fresh all the time, first it would be a whole other battle with each wave, and not just a continuation of the present one, and second, the army that won the previous clash of waves would be at a huge disadvantage. I'm ok with the way the things work.

[This message has been edited by hrvojej (edited 10-10-2002).]
    Some people get by with a little understanding
    Some people get by with a whole lot more - A. Eldritch

Units get fatigued as they act and recover their energy if they stand still, but the minimum level of fatigue slowly rises as time passes, so units can't possibly recover all their original energy and will slowly get tired even if they never move. The maximum minimum (if you see what I mean) is probably the start of the 'tired' level.

Gil ~ CA
    Gil ~ CA

This Panda

Thanks for clarification Gil.
    What about scenario change. It changed third time during my campain. Maybe because the death my excommunicaded king and pope happened in the same day?