Thread: rebellions everywhere????

well im playing as the english and ive conquered, spain, france, scandinavia, aragon, the almohads and im driving through egypt now with my main army which is about 5000 strong and headed by a 7 star general.
    anyway i whittle the egyptians down quickly because im rich (making over 10000 profit per round) and have the most advanced technology too apparently and they are down to their last province. what happens next is the almohads rise up in portugal which really makes sense as it wasnt theirs, and half a dozen provinces get a 1000 rebels each suddenly appear out of nowhere. i mean wtf???? why are there suddenly scores of rebels in wessex where everyone was perfectly happy the round before? it feels almost as if the programmers of the game were egyptians and dont want me to knock the egyptians out. it wont be hard to defeat them but it is a serious pain in the arse.

also i noticed that the almohads had 2 jihads against me at once for the same province (both of which i defeated), how come the computer can do two and i can only do one?

Hi,

You may already know this but....

If you put bishops, assassins and spies in a province it very dramatically reduces the chance of a rebellion occuring.

I had this problem until i read one of the post on this forum and it really helped, hardly ever get a rebellion now.

Inquistors also work very well but dont leave them there too long or you will get a revolt in most cases.

Another sugestion was keeping tax on normal whilst not actually engaged in a war. Only raise tax once war starts.

Youll have to scan the forum for the post referring to this issue.

Hope this helps.

Eurolord

To the Brave comes Honour and Victory. To the weak comes Defeat and Dishonour.

Isn't she pretty in pink? Member Rosacrux's Avatar

As I use to say...

Venseremos! Hasta la victoria siempre!

Viva la revolucion!!!

CHIEF HISTORIAN

tax is on normal during the war and all the provinces had a 0% chance before it happened. i never have taxes above normal, dont need them that high.