Thread: Trade Routes

Ok, I guess I am just plain uncoordinated or something. I made a port, built ships, and have a trade market. For some reason, i cannot make trade routes. Every time i try to connect 2 areas, it never works.

I read the manual about 4 times, and i can easily do everything but trade routes. I am in my first campaign, and I have played other games before, but this one is stumping me.

I know the other areas can trade because i see their ships, or if i click on the land they can trade. I don't know what i am doing wrong.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

please use the Search

Simple example

playing danes/high/normal
    Denmark has a port and a merchant + tradeble goods
    Flanders has a port and a Merchant + tradeble goods

connect those 2 with boats in ever searegion in their direct path, dont be at war with anyone else that has a boat in that region...

and see the trade revenu in the loyalty screen (Click on one of the provinces)

------------------
    Save the whale, Kill a fat chick!

[This message has been edited by Mystril (edited 10-08-2002).]
    Real power can't be given but must be taken.

If you can't amaze people with your intelligence,... confuse them with your bullshit!

Remember that its your trading post that makes the income, not your port (eventhough it can make a little, but we won't get into this), so make sure you're looking in the right place. Also, your province must have a tradable good, and the province you're trying to trade to must not have this same good. Don't be at war with anyone that has ships in your sea lanes, because this blockades your ships.

Ok i did some more research, and thank you for the posts so far.

Here is what i did. I play England, and I made 3 ships to cover the 3 seas from wessex to the area controled by the danes. I have a trading merchant in wessex, and tradable goods. Is that all i have to do?

My question is: does trade happen automatically just by having enough ships and both territories having a trading post? Or do i have to initiate it somehow like send an emmisary or something? I know i have all the essentials in place, I just don't know if anyone is trading with me.

Thanks again for any help.

Once you think you have trade established, right click on the trading post in your province buildings screen - this will tell you how much income that building is providing. If none, then you're missing something.

------------------
    There are no dumb questions, only dumb answers...
    Olaf the Flashy - the Bling Bling Viking

Ok, thank you. i will check that out. So if looks like there is no trade happening, there must not be enough ships, ports, etc.

i just wanted to make sure it happens by itself, and i didn't need to take any other action besides creating the ships, port, trade merchant, and making sure the other country has a port and trade merchant.

Thanks guys. The info will help alot.